Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 5, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #3,977 of 15,899
Is this Fiio musical sounding or analytical? I have a Fiio X3 2nd...what difference in SQ is there?

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #3,978 of 15,899
Just done.
Now I can play only 157 of 8500 songs stored on the device!
Fiio software is pure crap, I'm furious!
That sucks, something is messed up. All 450 gigs plays on my X5III. Consistibg of SACD, FLAC, MP3s.

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #3,981 of 15,899

I did actually try installing UAPP on the X5III and the sound is all garbled if set for headphone out (or DAC out). 

@Fiio - The developer of UAPP (http://www.head-fi.org/t/704065/usb-audio-recorder-pro-uapp-24-and-32-bit-playback-ubiquitous-usb-audio-support-for-android) tried to contact Fiio to fix UAPP so it works on the x7 and x5iii

Please can you contact him so UAPP works correctly? UAPP is an excellent android hi res music app and I'm sure lots of x5iii users would like it to work correctly

Thanks

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #3,983 of 15,899
You have to get spoteq for iPhone. It works in conjunction with spotify premium.

I'll try the Android eq again, but the last time I tried it it was unusable to me
You can eq by using tidal through uapp

UAPP is useless right now because of the issue mentioned in the post above yours.  Has been for 3 months or more.

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #3,984 of 15,899
Spotify doesn't just loose the offline content on power down.

I re-downloaded my 1000 offline tracks again, turned off WiFi and left in standby. When I used the X5III again Spotify wanted me to login again (why?) so had to go back on WiFi, login and found it had lost all the offline again even though they are still in the memory!

@Fiio needs an urgent fix.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #3,985 of 15,899
That sucks, something is messed up. All 450 gigs plays on my X5III. Consistibg of SACD, FLAC, MP3s.

I figured out what the problem is.
When I put the two uSD, I swapped them.
This should not be a problem, because before doing so, I have resetted the database and I did a factory reset. Unfortunately, in reality the reset database and the factory reset, do not do what they should. In fact, despite the reset, the device is still waiting to find files where they were before swapping the uSD, and this confuses teh device completely. I've just re-swapped the uSD and now I'm in the starting condition. There is something deeply wrong in the scan routines.
I had had a similar problem with the X7, when after changing uSD the device had gone into crisis. I solved using recovery mode. I did not imagine that this problem is still present. But the most absurd thing is that it is not possible to listen to the songs that are not recognized by the scanning, browsing by folders.

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #3,986 of 15,899

Just done.
Now I can play only 157 of 8500 songs stored on the device!
Fiio software is pure crap, I'm furious!

Are you sure it's not a problem with the tags?
You might wanna make a copy of your library, open all files in MP3Tag and save them again (it's fast).
In the options you can choose to read both ID3v1 & ID3v2 tags, but if there's a problem with the tags you might wanna try and just read either v1 or v2.
Standard settings are shown in the pic below.
Again: not sure if this will solve your problem, but you might wanna give it a shot. The program is free. Use a backup of your library though!

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #3,988 of 15,899

Yes, I'm pretty sure that my files are perfectly tagged.
All my music library is meticulously tagged with Tag&Rename and I've never had issues with all my DAPs (AK100MK2, QP1R, X5 first gen) and on my PC (Foobar and JRiver).

The scanning issue has to do with embedded cover art.  When you have a large library the scanning issue flares up.  FiiO has a fix but it's causing problems with the lockscreen.  A work around is to remove all embedded cover art and use one file in the album folder.

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #3,989 of 15,899
  The scanning issue has to do with embedded cover art.  When you have a large library the scanning issue flares up.  FiiO has a fix but it's causing problems with the lockscreen.  A work around is to remove all embedded cover art and use one file in the album folder.

Bingo!
Removing the embedded cover art from the problematic files, fix the issue.
But now I need a practical solution.
In Tag&Rename, i can save in the folder the pic embedded in the file.
When I did this, I can remove the embedded covers. But I can only do that by working on a single file at a time, and obviously this is an impractical solution.
There is a way more convenient and faster?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back