As discussed in the Android USB audio thread, thought I would start a thread about this great Android app so we could separate the discussion about it a bit from the general USB audio thread.
For those of us with Android devices this app is hugely important for a few reasons.
The first is that it opens up USB audio output for MANY Android devices that lack any kind of native support, almost any device that support USB OTG/USB host (those devices are limited to USB audio playback from UAPP only, but that's obviously a great deal better than having no way to do this at all without warranty-voiding Root and custom kernels and such like - if they even exist for your device). The other thing it does is allow higher than 16-bit audio on Android, which is for the most part limited to that otherwise (if you believe in high res music, YMMV etc etc).
Here is a Play Store link to the app, current Play Store description below - note there are links to install the trial version to test if it is operational on your device/with your DAC of choice, and also a link to contact the developer directly (although hopefully they might keep an eye on developments in this thread also):
High quality media player for use with USB audio DAC's (or any other USB audio class compliant device).
Note: free trial here: http://www.audio-evolution.com/downloads/USBAudioPlayerPROTrial_1.0.8.apk
• Plays wav/flac/ogg/mp3/aiff files (even 24-bit or 32-bit wav's)
• Uses a USB audio DAC connected by a OTG cable (if your Android device supports USB host and is compatible)
• Plays natively up to 32-bit/384kHz or any other rate/resolution your DAC supports by completely bypassing the Android audio system. No other Android player can do this since they are limited to 16-bit and usually 48kHz.
• Uses Android play lists. Play albums or create your own play lists from a list of songs.
• Gapless playback
• Plays .m4a etc. files depending on your Android device
• Background playback (you can turn off the screen, go to other apps etc. while the app is playing)
• Sample rate conversion (if your DAC doesn't support the audio file's sample rate, it will be converted to a higher sample rate if available or the highest if not available)
• No root or custom kernels required
• Software volume control
• Shuffle / repeat
Warning: this is not a generic driver, you can only playback from within this app. It is not possible to use your USB audio device using this software with other apps!
Please have a look here for a list of tested devices and more information on how to connect a USB audio device:
Make sure to connect your audio device BEFORE starting USB Audio Player PRO. If you get a message on start-up saying that the device failed to initialize, it is likely an incompatible Android device or a wrong cable since DAC's are usually class compliant. If your Android device does not supply enough power, please try a powered USB hub.
Please let us know if your Android/audio device combination works. These DAC's were tested in the past with USB Audio Recorder PRO, so will likely to function with USB Audio Player PRO as well:
• Alo Audio The International
• Audiolab M-Dac
• Audioquest Dragonfly
• Benchmark DAC 1 HDR
• Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100
• Centrance Dacport LX / HiFi M8
• Cypherlabs AlgoRhythm Solo
• DacPort LX
• FiiO E7/E10/E17/E18
• Go Vibe DAC
• HiFimeDIY Sabre U2
• HRT Microstreamer
• Ibasso D-Zero / D55 / D6 / D7
• iFi nano iDSD / micro iDAC
• M2TECH hiFace TWO / DAC / Joplin
• Meridian Explorer
• Musical Fidelity V-DAC II
• NAD PP 3i
• NuForce uDAC / Icon HDP
• NwAvguy ODAC
• Intruder DAC
• Stoner Acoustics UD100
• and many more!
Please contact us by email at email@example.com to report any issues so we can solve them quickly!