Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 5, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #3,947 of 15,899
Seems the DLNA was not finalized :)
Here is a summary of my findings :
- no display if the album cover
- when selecting an album it goes to the end if the list if title
- lyrics cannot be fetched
- the song duration is zero
- a suggestion: can we have favorite location in the home page? For instance for me I need to click on dlna then diskstation then music then by folder each time. Would be cool to add a short cut

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #3,948 of 15,899
Just thought I'd share this to the community here

I had this very weird problem when I first got the X5 III :

Fiio player can't play a lot of music folders that I've put inside the "Music" folder in the internal storage (and most of them are simple mp3 / m4a that played fine on my previous AK120)

I then tried to swap the music folders, moving the ones from internal to to external 1 and moving the ones from external 1 to internal.

But after that Fiio player can't play any of them, lol. I mean even musics that previously played fine when they were in external 1 now can't be played after I moved them to internal storage.

Tried to find solutions by PM with Fiio here, but no success.

Oh, I downloaded Neutron player, and all folders work perfectly without any hitch at all

Have decided to RMA the unit next week, and yesterday decided to give the unit one last try before packing it for RMA.

Here's what I did :

1. Updated firmware a couple of nights ago (but after that fiio player still can't play the folders, so not sure if updating firmware has anything to do with it)

Then yesterday afternoon I did this :

2. Delete all my music folders inside "Music" in internal storage (actually cutting / pasting them to my hdd)

3. Took out both external cards

4. Clear cache/data of Fiio Music from settings/apps

5. Uninstall Neutron from device

6. Do a factory reset

7. After reboot, turned off device and put in both external cards again

8. Another reboot, then connecting device to my computer, copy pasting my music to the internal "Music" folder again from hdd

9. Ejectiing device from computer. then opening Fiio Player for the first time

10. Do a new rescan all folders - after this those folders can now be played with the Fiio Music app.

Hurray !!!

I have no idea which part(s) of the steps above fixed my problem, lol.

Have tried to do a factory reset and clearing Fiio music cache/data from setting before, but those didn't fix the problem.

So anyway, just thought I'd put it here, in case some one else got this bug

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #3,949 of 15,899
Oh, I don't roll my eyes at all.... I'm just too active on Head Fi and I happen to have some experience with both units. I can completely understand why someone would like the X5-3. I like it. I can also completely understand why some don't like the X5-3, or the Mojo for that matter. In the end I was trying to describe the subtle differences I hear in tonality and technicalities to try and help others with my findings.

beerchug.gif

Think its coming down to hearing/preference/song. I wouldn't go as far as to say X5III makes rain sound like sizzling bacon but I know what you mean. They are so close (also HA2-SE) to my ears that certain tracks sound better on each.

Do we know if "burn in" of components is a consideration with the X5III. Could be my imagination or my brain but sounding better I think, and I'm still constantly testing against the others so don't think its Brain burn.

Makes me laugh on the DX200 thread when they are saying  things like "got to get passed 200 hrs man........ no its over 400 hrs you need"  !!  

Anyway, I'm off as suddenly got an urge for a bacon sandwich !!

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #3,950 of 15,899
The hiss, even off balanced, is very low-level for our IEMs. I can't really hear it with the U12 or Solar. Maybe a little more with the Noble Encore, but only barely. Now, with a crazy hiss-monster like se846 or Zeus, it's probably much worse.

No, as I mentioned previously, no significant hiss with my SE846's connected SE but is some in balanced (but not significant like I noticed with original HA-2). Get more hiss with headphone out on my Note 4 than with the X5III. Nothing to worry about but seeing as Balanced isn't noticeably better I'm staying SE.

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #3,951 of 15,899
Hi, sorry if it was already mentioned but I lost track of the thread after the first 60+ pages lol. I've been using my x5 iii for a while now and I am satisfied in most ways, but one problem is rendering it pretty much useless for me.

Whenever I turn the device off, when I turn it on again, my Spotify loses its data, and i either lose all my offline files or I get logged out entirely. My Spotify Playlist consist of 100+ songs iirc, but it takes hours to download thru WiFi, and by hours I mean 4/5 hrs.
Also, note that my Spotify data is stored in and SD card, which could be the source of the problem but the internal memory is insufficient to store my Spotify data.

Pls help as this device has become a white elephant lol.

eek.gif

Your right !!  That's no good.

I can confirm that if you power off the X5III when you start up and launch Spotify it needs to make a connection again so needs WiFi on and once signed in all the offline tracks are gone and in my case has to download over 1,000 tracks again. Mine is stored on internal memory so not down to memory card.

I've PM'ed Fiio is this as a deal breaker for me as 80% of my listening is Spotify and don't want to leave it loosing battery in standby all day for no reason.

::Update::

The other strange thing is that the space is still used on the X5III so the tracks must still be there but Spotify is still doing a new download (presumably over-writing originals). 

::2nd Update::

What stands-out is that on start-up no storage location is "Ticked" in Spotify. With other devices that have multiple locations you can choose storage location and shows a Tick against it. On the X5III mine shows all thee storage locations as SD cards (the internal storage plus SD1 & SD2) but no tick against any.

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #3,952 of 15,899
Boys and girls, there is a 200ohm output impedance on the line-out - and if you know anything about how high output impedance can degrade the perfromance of headphone, then you will understand why it is such a bad idea to plug your headphone into the line-out even if the volume is adjustable. If you don't know anything about output impedance, well, it is bad all the same.

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #3,953 of 15,899

Yes i get this most frustrating you start playing the song and you see its playing but it clips in two seconds or more later.
you miss the beginging of the song so you hit rewind track to the track before and then have to hit forward but still no guarantee it will play correctly.

Also on a side note i do wish the track album playing screen was less cluttered with buttons.

Try to disable all "effects".
I think is a "viper" related problem. Viper plugin is a very hungry (software?) process... and needs some time to "apply" the effects and "play" the song.
With viper enabledf if i go back to start again a title i miss one second of the begining of the song... but with viper disabled no.

I think also that viper eats the battery because of that intensive proccesor use...
In my Android Phone i use "USB Audio Player PRO" with a usb FiiO Q1 DAC, and that program has a "bit perfect" mode that i love.
I would like in the fiio player a "bit perfect" or pure sound mode that disable all eq, plugin and effects with a simple touch, and send the file "bits" untouched and direct to the dac.

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #3,954 of 15,899
  Try to disable all "effects".
I think is a "viper" related problem. Viper plugin is a very hungry (software?) process... and needs some time to "apply" the effects and "play" the song.
With viper enabledf if i go back to start again a title i miss one second of the begining of the song... but with viper disabled no.

I think also that viper eats the battery because of that intensive proccesor use...
In my Android Phone i use "USB Audio Player PRO" with a usb FiiO Q1 DAC, and that program has a "bit perfect" mode that i love.
I would like in the fiio player a "bit perfect" or pure sound mode that disable all eq, plugin and effects with a simple touch, and send the file "bits" untouched and direct to the dac.

If you don't use Viper or EQ doesn't that effectively mean the X5III is playing bit-perfect seeing as it changes to correct audio bitrate/freq. dependant on the track?

I did actually try installing UAPP on the X5III and the sound is all garbled if set for headphone out (or DAC out). 

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #3,955 of 15,899
If you don't use Viper or EQ doesn't that effectively mean the X5III is playing bit-perfect seeing as it changes to correct audio bitrate/freq. dependant on the track?

I did actually try installing UAPP on the X5III and the sound is all garbled if set for headphone out (or DAC out). 
Hiby works very well.

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #3,956 of 15,899

I think so, no Viper & no EQ = Bit Perfect, buy i would like a one push "buton" to disable/enable all :)

And yes, i try UAPP direct on X5III and it's unusable, the sound is awfull

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #3,957 of 15,899
hello guys, first time posting.

I have a X5iii on order, really excited for it to come in! I was wondering how much longer can I expect from the battery in pure music mode if I pair it with an external amp, like for example the A5.

Also, if i use the line out to connect to an external amp, does it also bypass the rolloff filter modes that come with the X5? Or are the filters applied at the DAC stage?

Thanks in advance!

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #3,959 of 15,899
  I had this very weird problem when I first got the X5 III :

Fiio player can't play a lot of music folders that I've put inside the "Music" folder in the internal storage (and most of them are simple mp3 / m4a that played fine on my previous AK120)

I returned my X7 also for these problems. Now I have purchased the X5III and meeting the same heinous bugs.
It is pretty damn frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back