Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 28, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #3,481 of 15,899

I think @Hawaiibadboy
 means whats the point of a landscape type case when the software is limited to portrait.

I asked them about the earlier case you had posted and they said it was HK$ 400.

Nothing is stopping you from watching youtube or loaded movies in Android mode. I am guessing those are the intended usage of the landscape type case.

You have a very good point there! It most certainly can be used in those scenarios.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #3,483 of 15,899
Hi

Lots of talk about the X5iii compared to the Opus #2 and Ibasso DX200, but what about all three against the Questyle QP1R that I am currently using with Shure SE846?

Regards

Darren

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #3,484 of 15,899
  Hi

Lots of talk about the X5iii compared to the Opus #2 and Ibasso DX200, but what about all three against the Questyle QP1R that I am currently using with Shure SE846?

Regards

Darren

Send it to me and I'll compare it.

No worries, I would do that for you. I'll do it for the team

**TEAM PLAYER**
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #3,485 of 15,899
LOL. It's just I live in Jersey, Channel Islands, and have to purchase based on the information I read on the web. Needless to say, I have bought and subsequently sold many things very soon after purchase at a loss.

I find the QP1R a bit treble-orientated, whereas my FiiO X5ii has a nicer (For me) frequency response, albeit with a lower audio quality.

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #3,486 of 15,899
for those who tried the X5 III + A5 combo :

how worth is it ? I'm hesitating to get an A5 (really enjoyed the E12A back in the days). I don't have any high sensitive IEMs (using mostly Fidue A83, Fiio/Dunu EX1 & Titan 5) but i wonder if it would make a significant improvement (if any) compared to the stock X5 III headphone out. 

thanks ! 

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #3,487 of 15,899
  for those who tried the X5 III + A5 combo :

how worth is it ? I'm hesitating to get an A5 (really enjoyed the E12A back in the days). I don't have any high sensitive IEMs (using mostly Fidue A83, Dunu EX1 & Titan 5) but i wonder if it would make a significant improvement (if any) compared to the stock X5 III headphone out. 

thanks ! 

The big advantage of the A5 is that it with very sensitive monitors is silent, the X5iii is not. Full review online on Thursday

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #3,489 of 15,899
If anyone in UK doesn't want to wait there's one showing actually in stock at Amazon @13:22 (EA Audio - authorised Fiio dealer)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06WGPCXX7/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine has been despatched Arriving 2 Mar - 4 Mar 
biggrin.gif
  Decided not to wait on AMP3 for pre-order (may not get enough to meet demand!) plus I wanted the Titanium rather than Black

I know its not strictly an Amp, but could this be fed into my Oppo HA-2SE? If so, would it be just like feeding a mobile phone into the HA-2 just using the X5III as a transport.

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #3,490 of 15,899

Welp...that stack did not last long.

Was gonna do bass tests for fun between the 2 and neither one was giving me much. The EQ on both devices is not great. The FiiO one is better right now. The X5iii actually drives the SZ (which can eat a iDSD in Turbo mode with ease......) just fine. If you got IEM you absolutely do not need an amp with the X5iii or DX. If your a basshead BOTH items will need one...with over ears

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #3,491 of 15,899
  If anyone in UK doesn't want to wait there's one showing actually in stock at Amazon @13:22 (EA Audio - authorised Fiio dealer)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06WGPCXX7/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine has been despatched Arriving 2 Mar - 4 Mar 
biggrin.gif
  Decided not to wait on AMP3 for pre-order (may not get enough to meet demand!) plus I wanted the Titanium rather than Black

I know its not strictly an Amp, but could this be fed into my Oppo HA-2SE? If so, would it be just like feeding a mobile phone into the HA-2 just using the X5III as a transport.

hi psikey we chatted on a certain forum 
wink.gif
...i hope amp3 can fulfill their orders they took the money right away when i ordered from them that discount was a good saving too ...when you get yours let us know what you think of it.....i want to compare it to my sony zx2

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #3,492 of 15,899
Dear Fiio,

when will red version be available in Europe? And if you can, give us more photos of red version pls.

And question about review tour: can you give us (reviewers in Czech republic) a bit more info on how many of us are there and what is the order in which we will receive it? Player seems to be available in local shops in a few days, where i can go and try it out there, so im starting to kinda wonder on what's the point of getting review unit after player is already out there.

Thanks for reply

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #3,493 of 15,899

Welp...that stack did not last long.

Was gonna do bass tests for fun between the 2 and neither one was giving me much. The EQ on both devices is not great. The FiiO one is better right now. The X5iii actually drives the SZ (which can eat a iDSD in Turbo mode with ease......) just fine. If you got IEM you absolutely do not need an amp with the X5iii or DX. If your a basshead BOTH items will need one...with over ears

Thanks for your feedback, you just saved me a few euros :)  

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #3,494 of 15,899
  hi psikey we chatted on a certain forum 
wink.gif
...i hope amp3 can fulfill their orders they took the money right away when i ordered from them that discount was a good saving too ...when you get yours let us know what you think of it.....i want to compare it to my sony zx2

Will do. I had a ZX2 myself.

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #3,495 of 15,899
  Dear Fiio,

when will red version be available in Europe? And if you can, give us more photos of red version pls.

And question about review tour: can you give us (reviewers in Czech republic) a bit more info on how many of us are there and what is the order in which we will receive it? Player seems to be available in local shops in a few days, where i can go and try it out there, so im starting to kinda wonder on what's the point of getting review unit after player is already out there.

Thanks for reply

Listening to it in a shop is not the same as being able to experiment with it for a week - there are many things you need time to discover and truly experience 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back