Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 27, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #3,466 of 15,899
Will do, I am a confused camper right now. Playing Bob Marley back to back, the Opus does indeed sound more neutral to me than the x5iii. Volume matched the best I could, not as accurate as @Brooko would like, but I am close (still getting my rig set up for that).

I do think I paid too close attention to the FLC's, without separating their sound characteristic from the DAP itself. Pinky and I will be getting together tomorrow, and we will sort this out.

Apologies to all for my confusion.

No problem.  I am interested in both DAPs.  Waiting patiently.  All good friend.

Thank you

Riley

Feb 27, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #3,467 of 15,899
Feb 28, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #3,469 of 15,899
I don't really sell stuff.  I am in a small town in Northern California and nobody around here is into high end audio.  Also I don't have bank accounts or credit cards so Paypal won't work and I don't like to sell stuff online.  It makes me too uneasy being at risk of a scam.

Cheers

RIley
Ok, keep both.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #3,471 of 15,899
LOL! I will rely on the best information I can get from users.

Cheers

Riley
not the best but third best info. The best is from your experience.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #3,472 of 15,899
not the best but third best info. The best is from your experience.

I know.  I just don't have a place to audition audio gear in  my rural area.  Even San Francisco has very limited audio stores.  They have a small few and they don't seem to really carry daps from what I have looked up online.  Mostly they carry speakers and speaker amps and a few headphones.   Only DAPs I can find are AK stuf theref.    All of the Fry's around don't really carry Fiio in store.  That is all online.  I do the best I can with help from other  Head-Fiers.

Cheers

Riley

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #3,473 of 15,899

I know.  I just don't have a place to audition audio gear in  my rural area.  Even San Francisco has very limited audio stores.  They have a small few and they don't seem to really carry daps from what I have looked up online.  Mostly they carry speakers and speaker amps and a few headphones.   Only DAPs I can find are AK stuf theref.    All of the Fry's around don't really carry Fiio in store.  That is all online.  I do the best I can with help from other  Head-Fiers.

Cheers

Riley

Yup not a lot of places in the west coast in general.  i live in central and socal and can't find any place to try stuff out. 

The culture isn't real big, no reason to really have high end portable gear.  Everyone I know has mobile or home audio.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #3,475 of 15,899

I don't really sell stuff.  I am in a small town in Northern California and nobody around here is into high end audio.  Also I don't have bank accounts or credit cards so Paypal won't work and I don't like to sell stuff online.  It makes me too uneasy being at risk of a scam.

Cheers

RIley

I wouldn't worry about a scam, common sense is all it takes to protect you 99% of the time. I have been selling and buying here and elsewhere for years, not even a hint of a scammer yet. It is possible, but the risks are actually pretty low IMO (with common sense as I mentioned).

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #3,476 of 15,899
That one has a stand for portrait mode. Can you run your music player in portrait mode?
I can go by a try it at the shop. I always keep my daps naked.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #3,477 of 15,899
  I wouldn't worry about a scam, common sense is all it takes to protect you 99% of the time. I have been selling and buying here and elsewhere for years, not even a hint of a scammer yet. It is possible, but the risks are actually pretty low IMO (with common sense as I mentioned).

I appreciate your words of wisdom.  I really can't sell stuff online because I have no way to pay seller fees or accept payments because I have no bank accounts, credit cards or debit cards.

Cheers

Riley

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #3,478 of 15,899
I appreciate your words of wisdom.  I really can't sell stuff online because I have no way to pay seller fees or accept payments because I have no bank accounts, credit cards or debit cards.

Cheers

Riley
So you really safe from the "bad guys".

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #3,479 of 15,899

That one has a stand for portrait mode. Can you run your music player in portrait mode?

I can go by a try it at the shop. I always keep my daps naked.

I think @Hawaiibadboy means whats the point of a landscape type case when the software is limited to portrait.

I asked them about the earlier case you had posted and they said it was HK$ 400.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #3,480 of 15,899
 I think @Hawaiibadboy
 means whats the point of a landscape type case when the software is limited to portrait.

I asked them about the earlier case you had posted and they said it was HK$ 400.

Nothing is stopping you from watching youtube or loaded movies in Android mode. I am guessing those are the intended usage of the landscape type case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back