Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 29, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #1,831 of 15,899

If i switch viperbass on does it then give me +1+2+3 etc?

I smell Joe Bloggs. I thought he left FiiO but he was a big part of V4A development IIRC

viperbass is unavailable, need to purchase it

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #1,832 of 15,899
viperbass is unavailable, need to purchase it
More than half works but a few you have to pay. Viper Eq and a few others works.

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #1,834 of 15,899
Jan 29, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #1,835 of 15,899
Quote: Your way off on the Eagles song meaning: On November 25, 2007 Henley appeared on the TV news show 60 Minutes, where he was told, "everyone wants to know what this song means." Henley replied: "I know, it's so boring. It's a song about the dark underbelly of the American Dream, and about excess in America which was something we knew about."

He offered yet another interpretation in the 2013 History of the Eagles documentary: "It's a song about a journey from innocence to experience."

You can check out any time you like,

but you can never leave...

All this people wondering what this song is about...it's all about HF folks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #1,836 of 15,899
  Actually, what's going on in the DX200 thread is one member experienced issues after updating their firmware, they created a video with little explanation in the title or post itself and people keep quoting dragging it forward out of context thinking the worst because the unit is lagging terribly.

Its happened multiple times now, I'm becoming tired of explaining as mine functions fine.

None the less X5III or FiiO in general are also a great choice.

I just can't stand misinformation being spread around, especially when I just cleaned it up for others and then came straight here.

Do you know the difference soundwise dx200 vs x5 III?

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #1,837 of 15,899
Im using the version installed in the player by Fiio.

buy viper bass as its all about viper bass with viper effect

wish that viper effect would be applicable to all 3rd party apps and not just the stock music player

but still a great implementation from fiio to include viper effect, best step done by fiio in my books

Jan 29, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #1,838 of 15,899
I am so excited to hear this. Previously I've sported the X1 with SE535. But I've decided to upgrade based on what I am reading here. Put in a pre-order a couple of weeks ago (live in Spain). Also pulled he trigger on CA Vega (should be arriving in a couple of days) now, and simply cannot wait.
How does that pairing sound to you guys?

Edit: pretty much met the top of what I can spend in good conscience here, but if you think I'll need to add/remove I still have the option to do so, as long as total budget doesn't significantly exceed what I've already laid out

Hola Normalize,

Also interested in this FiiO's new litle beast, also living in Spain :) and taking part in our homecountry's hifi forums.

Saludos!

Enviado desde mi H1

Jan 29, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #1,839 of 15,899
any detailed comparisons between fiio x7 and fiio x5

i for one decided to stick to only buying cowon and fiio daps as all others in my opinion simply lack eq features that i like, fiio with including vipereffect just nailed it, and cowon with jetaudio is simply amazing as well

i will not buy any other brand daps as I know that i will not getting satisfied with their eqs

I hope that vipereffect will always be part of fiio flagships as that is something i really appreciate

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #1,842 of 15,899
Did anyone knows how to pay viper effect. What i've tried, When i click viper effect it shows some bar code. And when i scanned with my smartphone it shows link to paypal. Then i paid with my credit card, but viper effect on my fiio x5iii still cannot be used

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #1,843 of 15,899
Did anyone knows how to pay viper effect. What i've tried, When i click viper effect it shows some bar code. And when i scanned with my smartphone it shows link to paypal. Then i paid with my credit card, but viper effect on my fiio x5iii still cannot be used

Make sure you are on the latest firmware. Also, when you activate Viper Effect for the first time, your X5III need to have internet access / WiFi as Viper Effect will check with the server to see you have paid or not.

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #1,845 of 15,899
Not being bias, for sound wise, dx200 sound is superior than x5iii but not a wide gap but this kind of judgement depends on taste of listen too. I like both of them, I like sound production in dx200 more. Others than that I like x5iii more.
you cannot compare a flagship dap with a mid fi dap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back