Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 21, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #1,381 of 15,897

Whoa! 

Thank you for doing both us and the viper team a favor! 

I'm sure glad that it's easy to get to viper effects now - they don't work on my phone at all - so X5-3 is going to be the first real encounter I'll have with the mighty V4A. 

I haven't even turned on Viper once and I am already loving the X5-3. As and when required i shall definitely use it. I had a rooted android before and i used to play with V4A all the time. It sure is mighty!

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #1,382 of 15,897
i love daring companies, and Fiio is very daring and put users always first

what a versatile dap, if you are a purest you can enjoy it without any eq or dsp, if you are like me a big believer in dsp there you have a power tool to play with

honestly fiio must be given an award for handling users and replying to all our questions, unlike other companies that barely respond to anything

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #1,384 of 15,897
Jan 21, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #1,386 of 15,897
Looks like a pretty sweet deal to me
rolleyes.gif

Over here (Netherlands) there was somebody who put a X5 III on a Dutch market place (dap only) recently, asking for €650
eek.gif

It's still for sale of course
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #1,387 of 15,897
Thank You a lot :)). I will be waiting on your Review/Comparison .

Ok, so I've had a chance to listen to the new X5 and compare it to my DX80. Initial sound impressions are that they sound quite similar. Once volume matched, perhaps the X5 sounds a touch smoother and more forgiving..possibly more refined. DX80 sounds as though it has a bit more bass impact. But it genuinely is so damn close that it's impossible for me to say "without a doubt, X is the one to get".

The final deciding factor will be to see which bugs creep up on the X5. But so far, things are looking mighty good for the X5 as a complete package. 

I will say this though, the X5 is a gorgeous device. More thought-out and refined than what the X7 could hope to be. 

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #1,390 of 15,897
Jan 21, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #1,391 of 15,897
Jan 21, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #1,394 of 15,897

I have been using it for a few days now and i must say i'm really happy with it. I mean yes there are issues which are being discussed but does that make the device unusable. The answer is a vehement no! The device is very very usable and i must add enjoyable. I don't know its me or the clicking noise between tracks has almost disappeared.

I am really having a good time with the X5III, though i must admit that i'm using it more on Pure Music Mode rather than Android Mode. I did listen to spotify and music on the Hiby Music Player and the results were more than satisfactory.

I strongly suggest you take a look at this before going for the Pioneer XDP 100. Correct me if i'm wrong but this has dual DAC out on the SE headphone output. does the Pioneer do that too, AFAIK it does not. At the end it boils down to the SQ and i reckon the X5III won't disappoint you.

Update: Charged it from 20% to 100% in 2 hours 45 minutes approximately. 

Oh i will be patient, read the reviews from users far more qualified than myself, want a good listening experience and a good ui, like the fact of the tremendous capacity, via dual micro sd slots, that alone will hold all the music i possess, plus numerous other reasons to keep an eyeball on this thread. Enjoying my A&K Jr. for now, but i can only pack so much into that.

What ever i go with next will be my last for quite some time, be it the Pioneer or the X5 3rd gen, but i have a good idea which way the pendulum is swinging.

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #1,395 of 15,897
Hmm, ok, first issue has popped up.

I wanted to compare the battery life of the X5iii to that of my DX80. My usual test is to volume match both to a comfortable listening level, and then put the same album on repeat whilst connected to my Pinnacle P1. As I only have 1 set of the Pinnacle P1 I can only test 1 at a time, unfortunately. 
Anyways, I decided to test the X5iii first and proceeded to switch to Pure Music mode. I connected the IEMs, hit play, started my timer and went to bed. When I got up 5 hours and 50 mins later, I saw that the battery level had dropped to 18%. However, there was no sound coming from the IEMs. Actually, I'm not sure if there was any sound for the entire test. I paused the music, unplugged the IEMs, plugged them back in, and hit play again.

This time there was sound, but the pitch was completely off. Sort of like fast forwarding...yet the playing time seemed to move normally. Anyone else had a similar issue?

I genuinely hope Fiio will sort out these glitches quickly as I feel the X5iii has the most potential of any of their DAPs to date. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back