Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 8, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #12,211 of 15,897
The images in the Artist sort are now correct and the correct song counts are shown under each artist. There are still fairly serious deficiencies in sorting. For example, I see the following under my artist list: ( I wish articles like "The" were ignored)

The Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Melodians
The Maytals
The Joe Harriott Quintet
The Plastic Ono Band
The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

Album sort still groups all albums with the same name together. For example, under the album “Red” the following artists are grouped together:

King Crimson
Taylor Swift
Black Uhuru
Yes, "The" is still a problem. Also with common album names like "The very best of" [without the artist's name in the album title] I still get the wrong image for the album but the right image at the track level. Maybe fixed next time?

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #12,212 of 15,897
Just switched from X7ii & put my F9's in my x5iii to test new FW & I still love both DAP's and the F9. The Balanced Turbo may not be needed with F9 but it is very satisfying to know the balanced out is now so powerful if desired although I had to drop volume by at least 30 to be comfortable and I could almost see the juice flowing from the battery, For many, I suspect the x5iii just got a whole lot better.

Dec 9, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #12,213 of 15,897
Just switched from X7ii & put my F9's in my x5iii to test new FW & I still love both DAP's and the F9. The Balanced Turbo may not be needed with F9 but it is very satisfying to know the balanced out is now so powerful if desired although I had to drop volume by at least 30 to be comfortable and I could almost see the juice flowing from the battery, For many, I suspect the x5iii just got a whole lot better.

Totally agree with this. Tried Balanced Turbo with Audeze EL-8C. It comes alive totally! Thanks FiiO for this great option.

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #12,214 of 15,897
can i ask in neutron what settings to use so that playback happens without down sampling

also what is this "Balanced Turbo" being talked bout , u mean adds more power from the balanced headphone out

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #12,215 of 15,897
Okay, so currently, I am running into a problem where my player simply refuses to read/load my 256gb Samsung Memory Card. I have tried reseting the device, updating the firmware, and removing the card and reinserting it, but it still will jot be read by my X5.

I should add that this only became a problem after I gave copied music to a computer using teracopy. It was fine prior to this.

Dec 9, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #12,217 of 15,897
I've only had my X5iii for a little over a month. I installed FW 1.1.8 first thing on my newly opened device.
When I go to update to FW 1.1.9, should I do a factory reset at some point?
If so, should I do it before or after the update?
So far I love the sound of my X5iii. I haven't even used Neutron that was installed the day of arrival. Fiio pure music is great. My only complaint is that the shuffle play repeats songs way too often.

Dec 9, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #12,218 of 15,897
I've only had my X5iii for a little over a month. I installed FW 1.1.8 first thing on my newly opened device.
So far I love the sound of my X5iii. I haven't even used Neutron that was installed the day of arrival. Fiio pure music is great. My only complaint is that the shuffle play repeats songs way too often.
Factory reset not necessary. Personally, I do the upgrade by putting the new FW on my internal drive & follow the instructions in Fiio Support web page.
Oh, that reminds me, I really ought to go back into my X5iii & remove the old FW zip file for tidiness sake.

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #12,219 of 15,897

If you end up having any issues after an upgrade (crashes or glitches), then the first thing you should do is factory reset. But generally you should be pretty safe without. I tend to factory reset after every upgrade, as I've gotten into the habit of doing it when testing the betas for FiiO.

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #12,220 of 15,897
Okay, so currently, I am running into a problem where my player simply refuses to read/load my 256gb Samsung Memory Card. I have tried reseting the device, updating the firmware, and removing the card and reinserting it, but it still will jot be read by my X5.

I should add that this only became a problem after I gave copied music to a computer using teracopy. It was fine prior to this.

Have you tried swapping the card to the other tray to isolate if card issue?

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #12,221 of 15,897
Have you tried swapping the card to the other tray to isolate if card issue?

Yes. I have also removed the other sd card which is readable by my player (no brand 32gb). Card can't be read. Which concerns me because most of my music is on the 256gb Samsung.

Dec 10, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #12,222 of 15,897

And thing happened to me and I just took the card out scanned it on the pc for errors and the card was good to go. This was however on a 128 card.

After the new fw, I feel the power on the balanced output has been slightly reduced. Anyone else thinks the same?

Dec 10, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #12,223 of 15,897
And thing happened to me and I just took the card out scanned it on the pc for errors and the card was good to go. This was however on a 128 card.

After the new fw, I feel the power on the balanced output has been slightly reduced. Anyone else thinks the same?

Did you scan while it wasn't inserted to the Fiio X5 3rd gen?

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #12,225 of 15,897
Did you scan while it wasn't inserted to the Fiio X5 3rd gen?
Yes took it out of the X5 III and scanned it on the pc using a SD card adaptor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back