Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Aug 30, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #11,101 of 15,899
No. If you have a folder with all your Music on your MicroSD. Then you go into the folder, then to artist, then to Album, then to Song. If you hit the back button, you go back to list of songs, then to list of albums, then to list of artists, but wind up at the very top of the list, not near the artist you were listening to. I have something in the area of a few hundred Artists on my SD card... so, if I'm a few pages down... I have to scroll to find the next artist/album/song etc. It is most likely an Android thing anyway. I guess I could "side step" the issue altogether and just list by Artist and not go by folder. Nvm.

I can confirm that bug.

I use folders in the same way, Music Genre - Artist - Albums - Songs.

When I use the back button I get, Songs - Albums - Artist - Music Genre.

Unfortunately, BOTH the Artist and Music Genre jump to the top of the list, so I have to scroll all the way down again.

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #11,102 of 15,899
I can confirm that bug.

I use folders in the same way, Music Genre - Artist - Albums - Songs.

When I use the back button I get, Songs - Albums - Artist - Music Genre.

Unfortunately, BOTH the Artist and Music Genre jump to the top of the list, so I have to scroll all the way down again.

Music Genre... I like that. I'll have to re-config my folders yet again. Thanks!

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #11,103 of 15,899
Use the tagged feature rather than folders. Back button returns you to where you were

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #11,104 of 15,899
Use the tagged feature rather than folders. Back button returns you to where you were

I don't know what that is. Will have to dive back into the manual I guess.

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #11,106 of 15,899
But why - the X5iii has arguably the better DAC. Why use the Dragonfly at all?

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #11,110 of 15,899
Question about Neutron: I was reading through their FAQs and saw this:

Q: Why do I need to know about Resampling?
A: Generally speaking, you don't. Until the moment when you get music files which have frequency other than 44.1kHz. Android OS is hard-coded to 44.1kHz frequency, e.g. if you have music files with the same frequency then no resampling happens. But if you get music with 48kHz frequency, or Studio quality music with 96kHz frequency then the real-time resampling will take place. Neutron provides 3 resampling methods which can be chosen depending on performance of your device.

What does this mean? Does it mean that my 96 khz or 192 khz files are only played at 24/44.1?

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #11,111 of 15,899
Question about Neutron: I was reading through their FAQs and saw this:

Q: Why do I need to know about Resampling?
A: Generally speaking, you don't. Until the moment when you get music files which have frequency other than 44.1kHz. Android OS is hard-coded to 44.1kHz frequency, e.g. if you have music files with the same frequency then no resampling happens. But if you get music with 48kHz frequency, or Studio quality music with 96kHz frequency then the real-time resampling will take place. Neutron provides 3 resampling methods which can be chosen depending on performance of your device.

What does this mean? Does it mean that my 96 khz or 192 khz files are only played at 24/44.1?
Is the music sounding good to YOU ?

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #11,113 of 15,899
Aug 30, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #11,114 of 15,899
Yes. But perhaps it could sound better?
That thought will cost you money, time, and energy. That will lead you to a costly loop. You will buy, buy and in time end right where you started. Trust your ears and when it sounds good stay there and enjoy. You have a 5% change to actually avoid this loop.

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #11,115 of 15,899
That thought will cost you money, time, and energy. That will lead you to a costly loop. You will buy, buy and in time end right where you started. Trust your ears and when it sounds good stay there and enjoy. You have a 5% change to actually avoid this loop.
Perhaps, but with that logic, I could have stuck with the iPod Classic. I didn't know it sounded bad until someone on the Internets told me!
And, for what it's worth, my main motivation for finding a replacement to Pure Music is functional, as opposed to sound quality. Although I'm not sure Neutron meets my needs, because I can't seem to get albums to sort by Artist instead of Album Artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back