Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 6, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #901 of 15,899
  in my humble opinion , if you have no plan to go balance, i think you'd better go with x5 3rd gen.
because in DP-X1 and DP-X1A the SE only utilize single dac chip where X5 3rd gen utilize both dual dac in the single end
that alone translate to better decoding performance,not to mention that X5 3rd gen is cheaper than onkyos

Thanks for the reply.  I will consider.

Riley

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #902 of 15,899
When is the actual release date?

Dear gmahler2u,

Thanks for your paying attention to our new product X5 3rd gen. 

At present, X5 3rd gen is only available in China. 

And you could pay a close attention to our official website or Facebook at that time. 

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 6, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #903 of 15,899
Any seller exporting from China to UK ?

Not had a Fiio before but this one has got me interested. Do Fiio have the stupid EU volume limit like many DAP's sold into the EU market? If so I'd be looking to import anyway. 

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #904 of 15,899
Could anyone give an advice regarding in-ear headphones for this player?

I was choosing between these:

RHA MA750
Fiio EX1 (Dunu Titan 1)
Shure 215
Sony XBA-A2

Then I found Shure SE535STD-J (Japan Limited Edition). Are these worth paying more? What's the difference between these and "standard" SE535?

Thanks in advance.

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #905 of 15,899

RHA MA750
Fiio EX1 (Dunu Titan 1)
Shure 215
Sony XBA-A2

Then I found Shure SE535STD-J (Japan Limited Edition). Are these worth paying more? What's the difference between these and "standard" SE535?

Thanks in advance.

The SE535STD-J (Japan Limited Edition) enhanced the sound quality and minimised the rolled-off highs on the standard SE535. Its the one to choose if your after some SE535's.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #906 of 15,899
  Any seller exporting from China to UK ?

Not had a Fiio before but this one has got me interested. Do Fiio have the stupid EU volume limit like many DAP's sold into the EU market? If so I'd be looking to import anyway. 

No volume limit, that is imposed only if the DAP comes with headphones / IEMs since those are the laws. 

RHA MA750
Fiio EX1 (Dunu Titan 1)
Shure 215
Sony XBA-A2

Thanks in advance.

FiiO is coming with some new IEMs soon. Haven't heard any of those yet, but might be worth checking out! 

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #907 of 15,899
I talked with Fiio and the X5 3 does in fact sort by track title under category view and not file name like the original X5 did.  Very pleased to hear this.  The X5 3 using both DACs single ended is a huge selling point.  This has now surpassed the DPX1 as first on my list of desired DAPs.  I had pretty good luck with my original X5 other than that small gripe, but I just stuck to using Folder View and went through my micro sd cards.  No biggie. 

Cheers

Riley

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #909 of 15,899
  @JamesFiiO(or anyone at Fiio) - will larger capacity micro sd cards be compatible with the x5iii, when available?

@ClieOS- anymore thoughts on the unit now you've been using it for a while?

Thanks

Not much has changed in regard of my opinion about X5III - these days I use it more than X7 actually - still not saying X5III is better sounding of course, but it is good enough that I don't miss X7 that much.

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #910 of 15,899
Excited to see loaded measurements of the balanced output vs the single ended one. Hopefully the new X5 will be one of the first DAPs to offer measurably superior loaded performance from the balanced output vs SE. hint hint @shigzeo 

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #911 of 15,899

Not much has changed in regard of my opinion about X5III - these days I use it more than X7 actually - still not saying X5III is better sounding of course, but it is good enough that I don't miss X7 that much.

ClieOS how is the X5 3 UI and functions and features?  Would you say it is pretty close to excellent yet?  Any bugs or glitches to report?

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #912 of 15,899

ClieOS how is the X5 3 UI and functions and features?  Would you say it is pretty close to excellent yet?  Any bugs or glitches to report?

It is solid. At least for me, all the basic functions I used are working fine. Gapless is slightly glitchy on the last firmware but I haven't tried the latest firmware yet (just released yesterday, still downloading). As far as basic music playback using FiiO music app goes, there isn't any major bug I can see. Some album arts are missing. but those are no big deal. Third party apps for USB DAC (UAPP and Onkyo HF Player) are working but not the most stable. I don't use any online music streaming service, so I don't know how those are going.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #913 of 15,899

It is solid. At least for me, all the basic functions I used are working fine. Gapless is slightly glitchy on the last firmware but I haven't tried the latest firmware yet (just released yesterday, still downloading). As far as basic music playback using FiiO music app goes, there isn't any major bug I can see. Some album arts are missing. but those are no big deal. Third party apps for USB DAC (UAPP and Onkyo HF Player) are working but not the most stable. I don't use any online music streaming service, so I don't know how those are going.

Awesome.  Thanks for your reply.  I plan on only using the stock music player and using music only function.  I do not use online or cloud music at all.  I don't use other apps either so this is not an issue.  That was very helpful information.  Thanks again.

Cheers

Riley

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #914 of 15,899

Sound cloud, band camp, or youtube works?

I don't think it's absolutely necessary for those to work, but it would be a plus if there's a song I don't have in collection but really want to listen to. 

Also, since it's android, is it possible to control it from another Android device, like a phone? (with 3rd party apps, of course)

Also, those are great news! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back