Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 4, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #871 of 15,899
@ClieOS
 - I know you mentioned already you didnt notice a .5 second mute of tracks when using the mojo with the x5iii but could you try playing a track then select a different track with a different sample rate (eg 44k>96k) when you get chance? Its the change of sample rate that causes the small but noticeable mute at the start of the track.

Will the coax cable required for the x5iii be the 4 pole as per the x5ii?

Does the x5iii do bitperfect?

@JamesFiiO
- will the x5iii support larger microSD cards when they become available?

Thanks!

The 0.5 second mute when changing sampling rates is a part of the design implementation of the Mojo and you'll encounter it when there is a sampling rate change with any device.

Please read this post from the Mojo thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-dac-amp-faq-in-3rd-post/28110#post_13134129

You will need the 4 pole TRRS coaxial adaptor, or a custom cable for the TRRS configuration, to output coaxial from the X5-3 as it shares the same line-out/coaxial configuration as the X5-2, confirmed earlier in this thread.

Jan 4, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #872 of 15,899
Well, I'm willing to put up with it to see what it actualy has to offer. I'm more of a cutting edge new technology kind of guy rather than it has to be perfect and have every feature I want when I buy it guy. Only time will tell.

I'm not saying perfect, rather work as advertised out of the box. That's something FiiO has struggled with in the past.

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #873 of 15,899
The 0.5 second mute when changing sampling rates is a part of the design implementation of the Mojo and you'll encounter it when there is a sampling rate change with any device.

Please read this post from the Mojo thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-dac-amp-faq-in-3rd-post/28110#post_13134129

You will need the 4 pole TRRS coaxial adaptor, or a custom cable for the TRRS configuration, to output coaxial from the X5-3 as it shares the same line-out/coaxial configuration as the X5-2, confirmed earlier in this thread.

Balls - regardless of input (coax/USB/optical) also?

Thanks

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #874 of 15,899
I honestly hope for a smooth release. Especially when paying $400+ for a DAP. I really think the pour X1II release may have got to them and made them realize people aren't going to put up with it...I hope anyway. Patiently waiting for this one because it looks very promising and I've enjoyed my X5II.

I also hope for things to go smooth, X5 series have also been very clean for FiiO, all of them worked exceptionally well and stable and received new features throughout their life. 

Thank you. That is exactly the information I was looking for.

Because I would like to actually see it and am willing to live with the bugs for a while until the firmware updates are released.

Well, I'm willing to put up with it to see what it actualy has to offer. I'm more of a cutting edge new technology kind of guy rather than it has to be perfect and have every feature I want when I buy it guy. Only time will tell.

You probably don't know about this, but in X1ii thread we've seen that a lot of people wouldn't be so ready to put up with bugs. 

I used X1ii and it went really good for me, but on X1ii thread... People were not as patient until the bugs were fixed, so FiiO probably wants X5 series to be absolutely clean and stable. 

Quote:
I'm not saying perfect, rather work as advertised out of the box. That's something FiiO has struggled with in the past.

Don't know what didn't work on X1ii as I only use folder browse and play music, but the happier more people are with it, the better it is for FiiO and for those people. 

I just want it to play music, FLAC, MP3 and cover art, with the best quality possible for now, everything else comes second. Also power / sound and battery life, build quality and battery life. Kinda sums up what is most important in my mind. 

But for someone who buys for certain abilities, they should get those and they'll be happy. 

I'm known for not putting up well with bugs, but my requirments are frankly low from a DAP, so I guess that I'm not best to ask. If it plays, it plays well, FLAC + MP3 and lives through with me, all is fine. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #875 of 15,899
@Dobrescu George, the issues were well documented in the X1II thread.  Some of the problems have been fixed and others have not.  You've been active in that thread so you know what users are reporting.  I'm not going to go into in this thread.  Just because you folder browse, doesn't mean the issues aren't there.  You just aren't dealing with them because you are not using a particular feature.  With that said, the last fw update was quite substantial, but even Brooko says it still took 38 minutes to scan the library of less than 6,000 songs.  There's still problems, but they're getting better.

I think FiiO realizes that consumers aren't going to put up with being beta testers as it was voiced by quite a few people in that thread as well as others I follow.  I'm glad they're taking this approach with the X5III.  I think they are finally learning from all the previous releases to make sure the device can do what they say it can do when you buy it.  I think this approach will save them a lot of time and work after the device is released, but this is just my opinion.  As curious as I am about an X3III, the X5III is probably what I will looking at the hardest because it has what I'm looking for.  I probably won't look at getting one until this summer, but by then any issues (if any) should be pretty well ironed out.

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #876 of 15,899
Jan 4, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #877 of 15,899
Has anyone been able to confirm if the X5iii supports Spotify's offline mode?

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #878 of 15,899
Since I posted basically the question in an other forum I can get for the same money a Pioneer XDP-300R next week or a Fiio X5 in few months I want to use them with and without  a chord mojo (great unit) the main advantage for the  Fiio is coax output since I am not crazy about the USB audio output and all up sampling from android when using OTG, in an other hand a XDP-300R can get  me maybe a better sound with the dual sabre ES9018K2M and dual  Sabre 9601K Amp ( witch is probably irrelevant when using the Chord) also I dealt with Fiio customer service in the past and its top notch .

Decisions decisions

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #880 of 15,899
Since I posted basically the question in an other forum I can get for the same money a Pioneer XDP-300R next week or a Fiio X5 in few months I want to use them with and without  a chord mojo (great unit) the main advantage for the  Fiio is coax output since I am not crazy about the USB audio output and all up sampling from android when using OTG, in an other hand a XDP-300R can get  me maybe a better sound with the dual sabre ES9018K2M and dual  Sabre 9601K Amp ( witch is probably irrelevant when using the Chord) also I dealt with Fiio customer service in the past and its top notch .

Decisions decisions

We have same dilema.:grinning:.. But for me im looking for dpx1a... As far as my knowledge is concern I think the dual dac of xdp300 and dpx1 is not working when you are using the single end...

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #881 of 15,899
We have same dilema.:grinning:.. But for me im looking for dpx1a... As far as my knowledge is concern I think the dual dac of xdp300 and dpx1 is not working when you are using the single end...

So does anyone know if the Fiio X5iii use the dual DAC's when it's running single-ended? Indeed, is there any benefit to that?

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #882 of 15,899
Do please have a look at the answer given by James FiiO on previous posts... :wink:

Enviado desde mi H1

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #883 of 15,899
So does anyone know if the Fiio X5iii use the dual DAC's when it's running single-ended? Indeed, is there any benefit to that?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/828402/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-2x-akm-4490-balanced-out-dsd-dxd-dts-android-dual-card-slot-mastering-quality-audio/285#post_13097825

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #884 of 15,899
Thank you! I was being a bit cheeky and lazy I know; I normally search first, but I'm sleep deprived and hoped for an easier route today :p

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #885 of 15,899

The single ended output use dual AK4490 DACs in the X5III. 

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back