Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 5, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #889 of 15,899
Just a hunch, but the X5II will probably still be available for a while on various online stores, and perhaps at a discount after the X5III is released. Even the X5 first gen is still available on amazon for, albeit for $300. Not to mention used on the for sale/trade forum or eBay.

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #895 of 15,899
This looks very interesting indeed...but after my experience with the X7 - with all the associated bugs and software support in addressing the issues (since they are practically using the same concept as with the X7) - I'm now very, VERY hesitant to get a FiiO DAP.
confused_face.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #896 of 15,899
  This looks very interesting indeed...but after my experience with the X7 - with all the associated bugs and software support in addressing the issues (since they are practically using the same concept as with the X7) - I'm now very, VERY hesitant to get a FiiO DAP.
confused_face.gif

Very eager to see how it performs myself! 

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #897 of 15,899
currently using phone as a main music player with power amp music player. I was considering the fiio x5 gen 3 to take over but want to clarify if the default player support individual songs equalizer profiling?

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #898 of 15,899
  Very eager to see how it performs myself! 

Yeah, and since I assume that they are going to use the same Android new version for the X5 3rd Gen (as with the X7) I wouldn't really jump the gun just yet. I was very disappointed how FiiO handled the bug list tracking and resolution on the X7 (upon release of Android 5). Now let's see if they improved and addressed the issues as per James.

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #899 of 15,899

Yeah, and since I assume that they are going to use the same Android new version for the X5 3rd Gen (as with the X7) I wouldn't really jump the gun just yet. I was very disappointed how FiiO handled the bug list tracking and resolution on the X7 (upon release of Android 5). Now let's see if they improved and addressed the issues as per James.

Not owning an X7 I can't say much at all. 

But I will demo an X5-3 and in depth, and I do trust FiiO to do a good job. 

I'm really keen on delaying the release if needed for now, because the market reaction will be much better if they push it with a fully working FW. 
biggrin.gif

X5ii and X7 still have some considerable hardware differences so my bet is on it working flawlessly - or at least my hopes are on it since it should be the killah DAP with dual mSD slot, Android and nice exterior design right now. 

currently using phone as a main music player with power amp music player. I was considering the fiio x5 gen 3 to take over but want to clarify if the default player support individual songs equalizer profiling?

Well - if you're using an app that can do this, you can install that app and X5-3 should be able to do this. 

But I don't exactly understand the feature you're asking for... If you need EQ per song, you could consider doing your own masters of the songs, or buying another pair of headphones that reacts better to a larger array of your library 
etysmile.gif

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #900 of 15,899
  When the X5 3does come out would somebody mind comparing it to DPX1 or DPX1A?  I am only interested in going single ended no balanced.  Please compare the single ended.

Thanks

Riley

in my humble opinion , if you have no plan to go balance, i think you'd better go with x5 3rd gen.
because in DP-X1 and DP-X1A the SE only utilize single dac chip whereas X5 3rd gen utilize both dual dac in the single end
that alone translate to better decoding performance,not to mention that X5 3rd gen is cheaper than onkyos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back