Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 29, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #8,327 of 15,897
I'm on yhe mobile version so it's a little different. I have all the proper settings ticked off, but I am not consistently receiving email notifications. I will get a notification, click on it and read my unread posts then I will not get another notification for several hours so I'll enter the thread again and see there ate multiple new posts I haven't read. I am beginning to think hiwever that the issue, whatever it is, is most likely not related to the site itself. Recently when I tap the link to go to the thtead I get the warning that my connection is not secure.

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #8,330 of 15,897
You are correct. Just physical noise, which i haven't noticed before. Nothing that impact in sound quality, just a bit annoying. Anyway hope I'm just paranoid and the wheel don't have any malfunction in future.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #8,331 of 15,897
well I convinced two of my friends who are looking for DAPs to use alternatively to their phones to purchase
the X5III.

Fiio X5III offers really neat stuff for it's price range, dual DACs and Duals AMPs, 32GB for ROM storage, and 2 slots for SD cards, plus an already applied Tempered Glass screen with a leather case included.
That kind of sold them haha. I even let them test run mine at the Tea shop.

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #8,332 of 15,897
well I convinced two of my friends who are looking for DAPs to use alternatively to their phones to purchase
the X5III.

Fiio X5III offers really neat stuff for it's price range, dual DACs and Duals AMPs, 32GB for ROM storage, and 2 slots for SD cards, plus an already applied Tempered Glass screen with a leather case included.
That kind of sold them haha. I even let them test run mine at the Tea shop.

This device was a surprise mental Mendoza line. The folks that just listened were duly impressed the folks who were hyping other gear and looking to kick it or claimed to listen but possibly did not...showed their ass to me and the world.

Another vid since all my pics that were on this site are gooooooone:japanese_ogre:

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #8,333 of 15,897
Put iem on and dont try to hear noises from the wheel.

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #8,334 of 15,897
'...This device was a surprise mental Mendoza line....'

l'm trying (but failing) to make sense of that one. Mason-Dixon Line I could work with. Maginot Line, for sure. Guess I really am getting old.

Cheers

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #8,335 of 15,897
Disclaimer: the following comment is an observation, not a complaint.

I've found that when using Poweramp (which I quite like!), you have to double-click the pause button to make it work.

That is all.

Me too. But also, sometimes I had to pull it out of the pouch to activate play on the screen, since it wouldn't obey on the physical button. Man, Poweramp really has nice UI, skins and options, but not really usable at present. Also, I've noted reverting back to FiiO's player sound is fuller and filled with the authority. With FiiO player the only quam that annoys me is a 5 seconds delay to skip to the next song and 3 to playback the previous one - when playing shuffle of all songs. Looks like caching is petite.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #8,338 of 15,897
'...This device was a surprise mental Mendoza line....'

l'm trying (but failing) to make sense of that one. Mason-Dixon Line I could work with. Maginot Line, for sure. Guess I really am getting old.

Cheers

Mason Dixon would imply two sides. Conflict/rivalry

Maginot would imply lots of things

I suspected/knew that a lot of folks were letting their bias interfere with being open minded. Almost the definition of ignorant. Mendoza line means the median the avg, mental mediocrity in my usage.

I totally stopped following ,listening to and even believing a # of folks who were saying item "A" was ______ but this device was something less. All personal musical tastes aside it's a f'ing DAC man. great price, great options, great sound. End game for more folks than we know...and I know a few.

Does not take a seasoned reviewer with lots of comparables to hear this things awesomeness.

So, the line is the mean avg. Lot of folks who we might surmise are beyond that despite there being no standard or licence were in fact crippled by their own closed mind, allegiance to company that sends them gear etc, etc,

Below avg in my book bruh.

Attachments

• IMGP5899.JPG
    IMGP5899.JPG
    507.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #8,339 of 15,897
Is it just me or the sound of Onyko App is way better than Fiio' own music app?

And I have renamed all my album artwork to "cover.jpeg". It works fine with about 97% of the album folders but still there are some jpeg files could not be read. Any guys having the same experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back