Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 30, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #8,341 of 15,897
Is it just me or the sound of Onyko App is way better than Fiio' own music app?

And I have renamed all my album artwork to "cover.jpeg". It works fine with about 97% of the album folders but still there are some jpeg files could not be read. Any guys having the same experience?

If you have Photoshop check if the colorspace of the jpeg that can not be read is in RGB. Sometimes the files are in CMYK and can't be read in most of the players.

Apr 30, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #8,342 of 15,897
Is it just me or the sound of Onyko App is way better than Fiio' own music app?

And I have renamed all my album artwork to "cover.jpeg". It works fine with about 97% of the album folders but still there are some jpeg files could not be read. Any guys having the same experience?

Yes, I find album art doesn't display on FLACs - regardless of whether the album art is embedded or has a cover.jpg in the same folder.

Apr 30, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #8,343 of 15,897
Are you synching your music with something like Media Monkey? I found that if Media Monkey had saved more than 1 album art per file it will result in no album art on the FiiO. That is also supplemented with another option in Media Monkey to choose only first album art if there are few for the same file. Once I've deleted all but 1 art through the Media Monkey album art on FiiO was there.

Apr 30, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #8,347 of 15,897
If you have Photoshop check if the colorspace of the jpeg that can not be read is in RGB. Sometimes the files are in CMYK and can't be read in most of the players.

I don't have Photoshop but the .jpeg file, as George said, was fetched from Google and there is one photo. I deleted the first one and downloaded another, same result. I even re-rip those flac again lest it was a problem with embedded artwork but still, same result. No matter it is named "cover.jpeg" or "folder.jpeg".

I could locate it in the file manager:
Fiio X5iii 1.jpg

......but it can't be displayed when playing the music (the blue photo is the personalized one rather the one in the folder):
Fiio X5iii 2.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #8,348 of 15,897
[shrug]. I don't why some of my flacs don't display. I noticed it for the first time yesterday. Might be that some are large .jpgs or the colour space is CMYK or? Who knows.

most of my album art is 1000x1000pixel
If you have other files like .pdf or sometimes .cue in the folder it may cause a problem.
Just a folder with .flac and a file named cover not cover.jpg has worked fine since original FW for me.

A file
multiple flac tracks
1 album art image

That is 3 variables with the first being the folder so we can cross that off. Basically 2.

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #8,349 of 15,897
If you have other files like .pdf or sometimes .cue in the folder it may cause a problem.
Just a folder with .flac and a file named cover not cover.jpg has worked fine since original FW for me.

A file
multiple flac tracks
1 album art image

That is 3 variables with the first being the folder so we can cross that off. Basically 2.

This is how I did, and it is working fine with most of my albums but just blow this one or another up. And you are right that it may not be about the size of the artwork. I just deleted the second one (1400x1400) and replaced it with a 400x400 one. Same problem.

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #8,350 of 15,897
Hi all,

I just thought someone may be interested in buying a new set of headphones, my favourites are on sale for a silly low price at the moment on B&O's ebay store.

B&O Beoplay H6 2nd Gen in Black or Tan for £129.00

Black http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152311786293

Natural/Tan http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152312751165

I just bought one of each.

One Buyer purchaced 43 in Tan and 17 in Black.

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #8,351 of 15,897
I don't have Photoshop but the .jpeg file, as George said, was fetched from Google and there is one photo. I deleted the first one and downloaded another, same result. I even re-rip those flac again lest it was a problem with embedded artwork but still, same result. No matter it is named "cover.jpeg" or "folder.jpeg".

I could locate it in the file manager:

......but it can't be displayed when playing the music (the blue photo is the personalized one rather the one in the folder):

Is that item named folder your album art?
can you rename it

cover <<O.K.
cover.jpg <<<<no
cover.jpeg<<<<no

Apr 30, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #8,354 of 15,897

A file
multiple flac tracks
1 album art image

Yes, this is exactly what I have in all of my folders. I get rid of the PDFs etc. I do have some .cue files. I'll go delete those and see if it works. And obviously the file name is cover, with a .jpg extension. Not cover.jpg...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back