Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 28, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #8,296 of 15,899
Thank God! I already was afraid I was getting old and stupid :confounded:

Hey, it's happening to us all, inevitable. Just drag your feet :smile_phones:

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #8,297 of 15,899
Try this https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ , always worked on my recently retired Mac with Android devices. Can't explain why it worked and then didn't.

Thanks for the suggestion but no dice. I connected my X5 to two different Macbooks with Android File Transfer and received the error message, "No Android device found. Please connect your Android device with a USB cable."

Any other thoughts as to why my X5 suddenly will not mount? It only charges. This is very distressing.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #8,298 of 15,899
Is it me or is the new site layout discouraging more people from posting. Honestly I haven't seen so few a post in a day on this thread like ever. But then maybe I'm just stupid. Viva X5 III

I get a digital album for my viewing pleasure, full screen, from NOBLE every time I click my notifications. That kind of stuff can make the faint of heart just walk away. I can't remember any site where I was given full screen viewing pleasure stuff. Posting and reading replies and helping folks is my pleasure not digital photo albums of stuff I do not want.

Anyone ever heard the term "Jumping the Shark"? I think it just happened

/rant

I hope FiiO takes time and makes good updates instead of rapid mini updates. Looks like that's what is happening so ...that's cool.

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #8,300 of 15,899
I hope FiiO takes time and makes good updates instead of rapid mini updates. Looks like that's what is happening so ...that's cool.[/QUOTE]

and the x7 has had 2 updates since the last x5iii one :zzz:

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #8,303 of 15,899
I hope FiiO takes time and makes good updates instead of rapid mini updates. Looks like that's what is happening so ...that's cool.

and the x7 has had 2 updates since the last x5iii one :zzz:[/QUOTE]

You pay twice as much for it... so thats fair..yes

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #8,304 of 15,899
I see that X5-3 is getting more and more stable these days!

Soon it'll be stabler than my smartphone! Congrats to FiiO!

BTW, I was curious if it works this way, if connecting an OTG to X5-3, does it work with external DACs? I'm asking because it would only increase the versatility, who knows who wants this feature

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #8,307 of 15,899
And, if you had to choose only one, I wonder which one you would pick?
almost imposible I love them both the x7 lives at home and the office connected to amps and speakers and the x5iii gets out and about

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #8,308 of 15,899
BTW, I was curious if it works this way, if connecting an OTG to X5-3, does it work with external DACs? I'm asking because it would only increase the versatility, who knows who wants this feature

I had heard this yet-to-be-delivered feature was awaiting release in forthcoming firmware, but have not seen it mentioned. Would be nice to be able to use it with my Mojo if I so choose.

Apr 28, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #8,309 of 15,899
I use the OTG to add a flash drive or a OTG card reader to put another card in it so I can keep the two main cards in the player. It plays just the same as card 1 & 2. I have not tried scanning for songs because I do not keep it plugged in all the time.
The USB out will not work with an Dac amp but fiio said they are working on that.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #8,310 of 15,899
Disclaimer: the following comment is an observation, not a complaint.

I've found that when using Poweramp (which I quite like!), you have to double-click the pause button to make it work.

That is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back