Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 17, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #7,756 of 15,897
  Help.. My x5 won't connect to my iphone 7 plus via bluetooth . it says on my iphone that the x5 is not supported?.is this a common issue?.

Surely, the X5-3 is meant to send sound to a BT/Apt-X speaker (which it does) rather than to a phone (phone is also a sender rather than a receive, I would say).

@quodjo105 are you trying to connect the phone to the X5iii so that you can use the X5iii as a bluetooth DAC? If so, I don't think the X5iii has this capability. However, the little Hidizs AP60 does. Heck, you can connect a high quality external DAC via OTG (Mojo, iDSD, etc) to the AP60 and still connect the AP60 via bluetooth to the phone. So, if this is the functionality that you're looking for, the AP60 might work well for you as a fairly cheap solution

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #7,757 of 15,897

@quodjo105 are you trying to connect the phone to the X5iii so that you can use the X5iii as a bluetooth DAC? If so, I don't think the X5iii has this capability. However, the little Hidizs AP60 does. Heck, you can connect a high quality external DAC via OTG (Mojo, iDSD, etc) to the AP60 and still connect the AP60 via bluetooth to the phone. So, if this is the functionality that you're looking for, the AP60 might work well for you as a fairly cheap solution

FiiO was working on a bigger transport, right? 

It would be the right time soon since we still need a transport with dual mSD slots 
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #7,758 of 15,897

FiiO was working on a bigger transport, right? 

It would be the right time soon since we still need a transport with dual mSD slots 
biggrin.gif

Apparently so, but the release date is uncertain at this point. 

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #7,759 of 15,897
  hi @FiiO is the general accessories like the glass screen protector and the transparent plastic case available for purchase soon ?

I am looking at cutting off the USB cable cover, and looking at any backup plan. :)

Dear ongbenghui,

You can send email to support@fiio.net about that. 
biggrin.gif

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 18, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #7,761 of 15,897
Apr 18, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #7,762 of 15,897
Better that than a half baked FW with other issues wouldn't you say?

It's less likely they are waiting for it to be stable and more likely they are adding more to it. There has been a beta in testing for two weeks IIRC. In any case, I'd still rather have a fixed window/schedule for updates, even if that means only very incremental ones. Whilst my experience has been mainly smooth, I'd love to see the play/pause lag solved (which I believe it has been in the beta!).

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #7,763 of 15,897

Better that than a half baked FW with other issues wouldn't you say?

It's less likely they are waiting for it to be stable and more likely they are adding more to it. There has been a beta in testing for two weeks IIRC. In any case, I'd still rather have a fixed window/schedule for updates, even if that means only very incremental ones. Whilst my experience has been mainly smooth, I'd love to see the play/pause lag solved (which I believe it has been in the beta!).

Indeed it has. Been on the beta for a while and that particular issue seems to have been fixed. Though it did happen to me once in the course me having installed it. Yes i do see your point.

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #7,764 of 15,897
Indeed it has. Been on the beta for a while and that particular issue seems to have been fixed. Though it did happen to me once in the course me having installed it. Yes i do see your point.

I think FiiO will have a really good opportunity for a testing and release schedule once they get to understand the international usage habits. For example, they could adopt the staged builds (nightly, beta, release, etc) approach and tie it into a testing plan. E.g. the first build is rough, second tested to work with standard Pure Music mode FLAC/MP3, third for more exotic situations (EQ, other formats, Android Mode), then fourth for officially supported third-party apps. That kind of transparency would allow people to choose when or if to install a beta.

Apr 18, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #7,765 of 15,897

I think FiiO will have a really good opportunity for a testing and release schedule once they get to understand the international usage habits. For example, they could adopt the staged builds (nightly, beta, release, etc) approach and tie it into a testing plan. E.g. the first build is rough, second tested to work with standard Pure Music mode FLAC/MP3, third for more exotic situations (EQ, other formats, Android Mode), then fourth for officially supported third-party apps. That kind of transparency would allow people to choose when or if to install a beta.

Honestly that would be an ideal situation. Transparency always works for everyones benefit, most the the time.

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #7,766 of 15,897
Guys i just purchased convolver and im running it with my beyerdynamic DT1770 pros can anyone recommend best settings for this, and does anyone have a link to the settings as in a list of what the different selections do, im new to Viper and help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #7,767 of 15,897

No, I'm using this busybox packages on both players.

so i assume i flash busy box first

also did u set v4a in compatible mode or normal mode

After root was achieved, Did you try installing Viper Fx from their website (.apk) and follow the procedure for installing the driver and rebooting? You think it might be worth a try? 

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #7,769 of 15,897

After root was achieved, Did you try installing Viper Fx from their website (.apk) and follow the procedure for installing the driver and rebooting? You think it might be worth a try? 

i am tired after trying so many things, so if someone else can try and report back its appreciated

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #7,770 of 15,897

i am tired after trying so many things, so if someone else can try and report back its appreciated

I would love to but im not able to due to certain 1st world problems. Personally i wont root at this point in time. However i have a rooted OnePlus x with Viper Fx running and all the features are free. Really appreciate you taking the pains of trying. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back