Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 15, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #7,652 of 15,897

Yup.

Still stand by every word.
The X5iii is fantastic. Has a musical sound with lots of detail. DX200 is a very analytical stone cold neutral playback that sounds nothing like a home system a car system a live show or anything. Put another way, sounds nothing like listening to music in life unless you are a Studio mixer using studio cans putting layers onto a master track and need a dead neutral zero point to accurately mix the master.

If the EQ were as effective as one would imagine going from flat it would be a non issue for a tweaker like me but it is not easy to manipulate with a 10 band graphic. A parametric? Maybe. Graphic? no way.

I second the need of a parametric EQ. 

Graphic is not ideal for my rather big fingers 
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #7,653 of 15,897
Are there any good third party leather cases? I searched for one when I bought the dap but not much success in finding one. I'm using the clear plastic case it came with until I find a better option.

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #7,656 of 15,897
Hey,my dap is x5 1st gen and I am planning to upgrade.Do I need to buy x5 3rd gen or buy a v20(v20 is only $50 dollar more than new gen x5 here in india) because my current phone is a mediocre one.if the sound quality is almost equal then do u think v20 is a better investment.since you own both of them what is your suggestion broto.(my iems titan1,macaw gt100s and hd598se cans).any others using both?

If you already need a better phone, then of course the V20 is a better investment. I enjoy and think it sounds very nice, almost like a Tube amp and has a very liquid sound and feel to it. It is an enjoyable phone especially with headphones that compliment it. I tried it, headphone out into the Audeze Deckard and purchased the Deckard on the spot (driving my LCD-2F with the Deckard). Then I tried the DAC in the Deckard and noticed that while it had more detail, the V20 still sounded more "tube like" to me. That is pretty much where my love affair with the V20 ends. I prefer the X5iii to it, and the Mojo as well. I do not "yet" have a favorite between the Mojo and X5iii, but if I were told I had to choose one of those 3 devices for listening to music and that is it. It would be the X5iii, as I prefer to not stack. I also think the V20 does have robust power, but it isn't linear, nor is it "full". It can drive harder headphones but depending on the headphone, it will reduce the "fullness" on them for loudness. I'd prefer something more like the X5iii which may not be "as loud", but maintains integrity. The Mojo does well here too. Just my 2 cents, but your best bet is to grab your headphones and head over to your local carrier that has the phone and stream music or anything you can to it to try it out in person before purchasing.

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #7,658 of 15,897
and even if Ibasso dx200 is better I don't think it would be worth 600$ more. Is it? r

It worth. I owned X5iii and sold it to get DX200.

X5iii surpasss many DAPs in his price rate up to 1000$ but DX200 surpass many DAPs that cost more than itself too.

I still in love with X5iii sound which smooth and sweet which I can't find it in my DX200 but DX200 give me a delicate, reference sound which X5iii can't give me.

I don't say that X5iii is bad.
My intention is both DAP are giant killer DAP in their price range.

But it just my comment plus my taste of listening and pairing. With different ears, taste, headphones, I may judge in opposite way.

Hey,my dap is x5 1st gen and I am planning to upgrade.Do I need to buy x5 3rd gen or buy a v20(v20 is only $50 dollar more than new gen x5 here in india) because my current phone is a mediocre one.if the sound quality is almost equal then do u think v20 is a better investment.since you own both of them what is your suggestion broto.(my iems titan1,macaw gt100s and hd598se cans).any others using both?

Not that equal, X5iii still get over this phone in many categories eventhough not a hugh step.

But from other dactor, I recommend you to get new phone which you'll get many profits for your life then you can aim for higher DAP later. In my opinion, V20 can compare to DAPs in range of x3ii which is great for smartphone.

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #7,659 of 15,897
It worth. I owned X5iii and sold it to get DX200.

X5iii surpasss many DAPs in his price rate up to 1000$ but DX200 surpass many DAPs that cost more than itself too.

I still in love with X5iii sound which smooth and sweet which I can't find it in my DX200 but DX200 give me a delicate, reference sound which X5iii can't give me.

I don't say that X5iii is bad.
My intention is both DAP are giant killer DAP in their price range.

But it just my comment plus my taste of listening and pairing. With different ears, taste, headphones, I may judge in opposite way.
Not that equal, X5iii still get over this phone in many categories eventhough not a hugh step.

But from other dactor, I recommend you to get new phone which you'll get many profits for your life then you can aim for higher DAP later. In my opinion, V20 can compare to DAPs in range of x3ii which is great for smartphone.
Which TRACKS did you listen to ?

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #7,660 of 15,897
Which TRACKS did you listen to ?

Some binural recording,
some orchestra albums,
some live recording,
some DSD albums,
many flac files across many genres like pop, rock, classic and others.

I don't really have specifically reference tracks to test DAP.

I still go back to store to try X5iii but I won't buy it again because I can't keep both DAP.

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #7,661 of 15,897

​I have mostly FLAC, ALAC on my X3iii. I do have a few others like AAC with embedded art that show up just fine.

Fiio Tech Support:  I think I finally have a solution - unfortunately it will involve a lot of work and shouldn't be needed.  This is an obvious BUG in the software.  It seems if you start with a lossless file (in this case FLAC) and strip out the embedded artwork, then convert it to the file format you want (in this case WMA 10 VBR).  Once the conversions are done, copy the folder.jpg file into the folder and copy it to the Fiio.  This seems to work.  My file structure is a folder hierarchy:  album folders inside of artist folder.

Couple of things to note here... the embedded album art should be all that is needed.  This clearly a bug in the Fiio firmware and hopefully will be fixed.  I say this because i have many other devices around my home that have no problem pulling the album art out of the embedded file.

Not a big deal to some... but for those of upgrading... there is a good chance that the files on your memory cards from your 1st or 2nd gen player will not work in your new X5 iii.

I hope they will adderess this in an update soon.

Thanks.

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #7,664 of 15,897

Hi!
  Does X5-III support .Wav files? Seems like standard fiio player does not..... But i can do it by Poweramp.
  And it does not support 32/192 wav files at all....
  Would you improve it? @FiiO

I found .WV format not supported . 

Yes i use Foobar2000 to play .WV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back