Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 8, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #7,111 of 15,897
  It's not cheap but now the X5 3d is shining. Natural bass, mids, highs and separations. Just getting a little bit closer to nirwana..........

​no idea where nirwana is  
wink.gif
 but that is a dope looking setup

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #7,113 of 15,897
Really?. That way I bought it to have a decent bass and is the worst purchase I made in my life. And thank goodness it only cost me 50 cents of euro. Anyway if for you is the best .... I'm glad.

Did you try subwoofer? Everything is 30hz! Horrible. I would agree with the OP that bass effect is pretty noticeable unlike everything else I tried.

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #7,114 of 15,897
For those considering to buy Viper effects....

Viper Bass has extra settings besides a on-off

Viper tube simulator has no extra settings.

Viper analogX can select 3 levels of settings. Slight/Moderate/Extreme.

For me, Viper Bass has a bigger effect relatively compare to the other two.
How did you pay for that option ?

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #7,115 of 15,897
  Dear Gerardo Trezza,

I checked again and the song has been deleted physically. I check in the computer and failed to find the song I deleted as well. Or you deleted the song from the playlist but not Local music--Storage?

Best regards

Hi Fiio
first of all really thank you so much for reply
this i s my first DAC and your support is fantastic!
yes i delete the song from playlist but when i open the folder where the song was,
i see it still there . As storage i use only microsd not internal x5iii storage
thanks

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #7,116 of 15,897
  Hi Fiio
first of all really thank you so much for reply
this i s my first DAC and your support is fantastic!
yes i delete the song from playlist but when i open the folder where the song was,
i see it still there . As storage i use only microsd not internal x5iii storage
thanks

​My 1st DAP of this type too. Lots to learn. But, delete from playlist does just that - removes from playlist but not the database so you can edit playlist & still keep the file. You can delete completely if you do it from your actual song list.

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #7,118 of 15,897
Did you try subwoofer? Everything is 30hz! Horrible. I would agree with the OP that bass effect is pretty noticeable unlike everything else I tried.

natural bass is way better as subwoover simply is a recipe for destryoing the sound quality

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #7,119 of 15,897
Apr 8, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #7,120 of 15,897

The close all windows to free resources was an epic miss on the X7. Glad this one has it. Pretty dope. Love the sound. MA900 sound awesome with this DAP.  This is the first DAP I ever bought that i figured they coulda asked for more money. Seriously. I paid around $450. Am totally TOTALLY cool with that

i need this wallpaper pleaaaseeee!!!!!!

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #7,123 of 15,897

Ordered from Amazon 6pm yesterday delivered today . Amazon Prime for the win . Now I love this player . Hard decision to keep this and sell my mojo stack or keep both .. :thinking:. Question: does balanced make any huge difference from SE ?Is it like AK Daps where balanced is a must to achieve best sound quality?

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #7,124 of 15,897

Ordered from Amazon 6pm yesterday delivered today . Amazon Prime for the win . Now I love this player . Hard decision to keep this and sell my mojo stack or keep both .. :thinking:. Question: does balanced make any huge difference from SE ?Is it like AK Daps where balanced is a must to achieve best sound quality?
Try Onkyo player.

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #7,125 of 15,897

Yes balanced is better on the X5iii (and most players I've tried, including the Onkyo DP-X1 that I just switched from).
The Onkyo has a slightly wider soundstage on balanced (the SE isn't very good on the DP-X1), but it comes down to your preferred sound sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back