Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 17, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #5,116 of 15,899
Red does look nice but I think I'll stick with black and maybe get red case when it's out haha

My sentiments exactly. Have a titanium and will get the red case. @FiiO has noted down my special request. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #5,120 of 15,899
  Hi (to maybe somebody from Fiio)! 

I just received my X5 III - and coming from an Onkyo DP-X1, I really like the more musical sound, the smaller form factor and better battery life!
beyersmile.png

But I am having the following issues:

1. The Android EQ of streaming apps (Spotify and Apple Music) does not seem to work with the X5? It is shown properly in the menu (see picture), but if you use the sliders there are no sound changes at all! It worked flawlessly (and surprinsingly well) on my DP-X1! Interestingly enough, after plugging in a balanced cable, the two extra sliders for "bass" and "surround" get greyed out (second picture). I remember that actually the latter also happened on my DP-X1 at the beginning, but disappeared after a while (maybe due to a software update)? So I suppose this is either a software bug or the Android EQ is switched off in the Fiio firmware?
Any solutions anybody? I find it kind of a pity not being able to use the Android EQ, because Viber Effects also only work in the Fiio Music App and not system wide....

2. It seems that is does not work to set up a " launcher" as a standard screen, to create one`s own skin - as it is usually possible on any Android device (and was on my DP-X1). With the Fiio, it says "Select dodol Launcher, then tap ALWAYS", for example,  but actually nothing happens. Is this also not allowed by the firmware?

3. The download speed for streaming Apps is really, really slow, it takes maybe four to five times (!) longer than it used to take with my DP-X1! Is this buggy, too, or does it have any other technical back ground?

4. The stand by light is always blue - is it still ok to leave the device in stand by mode without losing too much battery? I actually never swiched my DP-X1 off and it did not use much battery in stand by (at least if I had Wifi off). Also, I realized that pushing the stand by button on the X5 after the screen turned black, it sometimes starts or stops playing music - must be a bug, too, I guess? 

Thanks for any solution!

1. One of our friend also informed us that EQ is not working in the Spodify, our engineer will look into it .
2. For setting up a " launcher" as a standard screen, we did disable it ,  since it will affect the operation for Pure mode.
3. We will improve it .
4.For the blue light, our engineer told us that it will not waste too much power, but we will consider to make a icon for the Blue light , and then you can choose to open it or not in the future.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 17, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #5,121 of 15,899
I think I'm gonna have to do that.
I will do it tonight. All albums use that art. Gotta change it to original if you want yourself

Count me in, for that "Whole Lotta Love"...:sunglasses:

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #5,122 of 15,899
Mar 17, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #5,123 of 15,899
i got my fiio x5iii dap today, simply love it and i added to it the fiio a5 amp wow

really love this combo, this is an end game setup

more impressions to come comapring it to cowon plenue m2

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #5,124 of 15,899
i got my fiio x5iii dap today, simply love it and i added to it the fiio a5 amp wow

really love this combo, this is an end game setup

more impressions to come comapring it to cowon plenue m2
end game ? I heard this from you a few times. :grinning:

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #5,125 of 15,899
end game ? I heard this from you a few times. :grinning:

end game until a new totl dap is released that ticks all the sweet spots i need in a dap

i really like what i am hearing alot

i am a big fan of this dac which is found in ak380

i put a hold on buying the new cowon dap as its a bit expensive and i have the cowon m2 so i will wait a bit until i get more impression about the new cowon p2

but man this fiio x5iii is really great dap add to it the a5 amp what else is there to desire.

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #5,126 of 15,899
end game until a new totl dap is released that ticks all the sweet spots i need in a dap

i put a hold on buying the new cowon dap as its a bit expensive and i have the cowon m2 so i will wait a bit until i get more impression about the new cowon p2

but man this fiio x5iii is really great dap

Great, please post the comparison to the plenue M2 which I have been eagerly waiting for.

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #5,127 of 15,899

but man this fiio x5iii is really great dap add to it the a5 amp what else is there to desire.
X5III can do a lot very well.

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #5,128 of 15,899

but man this fiio x5iii is really great dap

Great, please post the comparison to the plenue M2 which I have been eagerly waiting for.

will do soon

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #5,129 of 15,899

Users who are viewing this thread

Back