Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 16, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #5,056 of 15,899
  Hi (to maybe somebody from Fiio)! 

I just received my X5 III - and coming from an Onkyo DP-X1, I really like the more musical sound, the smaller form factor and better battery life!
beyersmile.png

But I am having the following issues:

1. The Android EQ of streaming apps (Spotify and Apple Music) does not seem to work with the X5? It is shown properly in the menu (see picture), but if you use the sliders there are no sound changes at all! It worked flawlessly (and surprinsingly well) on my DP-X1! Interestingly enough, after plugging in a balanced cable, the two extra sliders for "bass" and "surround" get greyed out (second picture). I remember that actually the latter also happened on my DP-X1 at the beginning, but disappeared after a while (maybe due to a software update)? So I suppose this is either a software bug or the Android EQ is switched off in the Fiio firmware?
Any solutions anybody? I find it kind of a pity not being able to use the Android EQ, because Viber Effects also only work in the Fiio Music App and not system wide....

2. It seems that is does not work to set up a " launcher" as a standard screen, to create one`s own skin - as it is usually possible on any Android device (and was on my DP-X1). With the Fiio, it says "Select dodol Launcher, then tap ALWAYS", for example,  but actually nothing happens. Is this also not allowed by the firmware?

3. The download speed for streaming Apps is really, really slow, it takes maybe four to five times (!) longer than it used to take with my DP-X1! Is this buggy, too, or does it have any other technical back ground?

4. The stand by light is always blue - is it still ok to leave the device in stand by mode without losing too much battery? I actually never swiched my DP-X1 off and it did not use much battery in stand by (at least if I had Wifi off). Also, I realized that pushing the stand by button on the X5 after the screen turned black, it sometimes starts or stops playing music - must be a bug, too, I guess? 

Thanks for any solution!

I agree on this... the equalizer doesn't work.... pls FiiO... fix this on the next fw update

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #5,057 of 15,899
Now we can try a port of the new Sony Xperia player :wink:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/mod-sony-xperia-music-9-3-5-0-0-port-apk-t3555386

@MacPac:

I installed the Sony music app.  Loooks nice, but how do I get it to see my music -- right now it says 'No Music'  Note that all my music is on an external sd card.  However, FIIOMusic scanned and found all 2700 tracks (quickly I might add).

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #5,058 of 15,899
  antz123,

The X7 2nd gen is estimated to release into market in the middle of this year if everything goes smoothly.

hi can you share one info bout the fiio x7 2nd gen, which dac will you use in it?

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #5,059 of 15,899
Cr@p!!!

Tried to upgrade to 1.1.2.  Downloaded onto Windows box, copied to root of internal storage, local update, everything going well through 4x of 5x, and then:

"MCU Ugrade'

'MCU upgrade failed!'

Now just spinning.

What to do?  Shut down and retry?  Wait.....?  Other?

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #5,064 of 15,899
  Hold 10 seconds or more to shut down. Did you unzip it are load the hole zip file . It needs the hole zip, If you want to wait they will have a new one soon.

(Channeling Travis Bickle 
redface.gif
):

You talking to me?

But seriously, I assume you are telling me to reboot the device.  What next?  Will the device be bricked?

I did copy the zip to internal storage, and pointed the upgrade process to that .zip file.  Never unzipped on device or on my Windows box.

Still spinning BTW

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #5,065 of 15,899
@MacPac:

I installed the Sony music app.  Loooks nice, but how do I get it to see my music -- right now it says 'No Music'  Note that all my music is on an external sd card.  However, FIIOMusic scanned and found all 2700 tracks (quickly I might add).

Thanks!

Sorry... Same situation
Works perfect in my android smartphone (nexus 6p) but can't find the microssd in the X5iii

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #5,067 of 15,899
Sorry... Same situation
Works perfect in my android smartphone (nexus 6p) but can't find the microssd in the X5iii

So the app can see files on internal storage?

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #5,069 of 15,899
Very surprising how many of my headphones and earphones sound great with the X5iii. In fact I have yet to hear one that didn't sound good on the player. This is a testament to the solid sound quality of the X5iii.. So far I am all smiles when I am holding this little marvel of a player. Been taking it to work with me and using it when I can. 

First can I tried it with was my TH-X00. This pairing is amazing.  Using my PM4 now. I have not heard the PM4 sound this nice on anything I have used it with. Kinda wish I held out for the red one. 

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #5,070 of 15,899

So the app can see files on internal storage?

To answer my own question, no, it can't.  

I copied an album folder to internal storage, under Music.  FiioMusic saw it, but Sony Music app didn't.

Bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back