Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 6, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #2,026 of 15,899
Mine was drop in 24 hours. I remember using x5iii for a while and standby on 90% battery in one night. Next night I was surprised the battery was left with only 10% juice. WiFi and Bluetooth was ON though.
Four days in use but with an amp.

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #2,027 of 15,899

I am really curious now!! with an amp you say.. Which amp how did you connect? Volume on the x5-3 would be really appreciated!! And how many hours of listening and the file type if you dont mind. Last but not the least are you using FW 1.0.9?

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #2,028 of 15,899
I am really curious now!! with an amp you say.. Which amp how did you connect? Volume on the x5-3 would be really appreciated!! And how many hours of listening and the file type if you dont mind. Last but not the least are you using FW 1.0.9?
Headstage Arrow, Mojo, Fiio A5.

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #2,030 of 15,899
@jmills8, @Hawaiibadboy

I remember watching SNL when I was a kid, so when SNL was just starting out. The Cars were the musical guest. Ric Ocasek performed in a straight jacket. I'd never seen anything like that. It left an impression I remember a few decades later. Anyway, I do like The Cars. I just personally prefer Rush.

I definitely prefer the Cars, but musically I'd have to admit Rush is better.  Few bands give me the feels to the extreme of the Cars.  Could be a large degree of sentimentality bias though.  Hmm I think I have my music for this evening planned out.  

Well to me it's an easy pick as I grew up with Rush. So sentiments undoubtly play a part when I listen to their music. Imo The Cars gave us some nice hits like 'Heartbeat City', 'Just What I Needed' and 'Drive'. But Rush gave us some (again imo) totally legendary albums like '2112', A Farewell to Kings' and 'Moving Pictures'.

Besides that, I must have visited over 100 concerts in my life. The R30 concert I went to would still absolutely end up in my top 3. What these 3 guys can do on stage is simply amazing. I also think Neil Peart is an alien, no human can be able to drum like that.

So end conclusion: for me Rush vs Cars is like putting Mike Tyson in the ring with Mr Bean....not an honest fight at all.....uuuuuh did I already mention that I like Rush?
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #2,031 of 15,899

I always use my X5 (classic) with an Arrow 5P amp (so small you almost don't notice it's there, but yet so powerful). Connected from line out (with a Crystal Piccolino interconnect) I think X5 battery life almost doubles by skipping the amp part. Afaik volume from line out of X5 is always standard on max.

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #2,032 of 15,899
Well to me it's an easy pick as I grew up with Rush. So sentiments undoubtly play a part when I listen to their music. Imo The Cars gave us some nice hits like 'Heartbeat City', 'Just What I Needed' and 'Drive'. But Rush gave us some (again imo) totally legendary albums like '2112', A Farewell to Kings' and 'Moving Pictures'.

Besides that, I must have visited over 100 concerts in my life. The R30 concert I went to would still absolutely end up in my top 3. What these 3 guys can do on stage is simply amazing. I also think Neil Peart is an alien, no human can be able to drum like that.

So end conclusion: for me Rush vs Cars is like putting Mike Tyson in the ring with Mr Bean....not an honest fight at all.....uuuuuh did I already mention that I like Rush? :D
What? Maybe Tyson vs Holmes.

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #2,033 of 15,899
Feb 6, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #2,034 of 15,899
Feb 6, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #2,035 of 15,899
Feb 6, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #2,036 of 15,899
Feb 6, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #2,037 of 15,899

I used the stock FiiO player app. As for the tracks, it was a mix of Peter Gabriel, Genesis, Cat Stevens, Dave Matthews, Fleetwood Mac, King Crimson, Supertramp and Nine Inch Nails. The source files were FLAC 24/48, 24/96 and 24/192. And I listened thru my Westone W50 with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cables.

Where do you get Dave Matthews in hi-res?

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #2,038 of 15,899

Where do you get Dave Matthews in hi-res?

Sorry I was watching the Super Bowl when I wrote that and wasn't paying attention to which wasn't hi-res.

I did have two 16/44.1 albums that I listened to.

The Dave Matthews was Under The Table And Dreaming and a 16/44.1 rip of the CD. The two track I tested with were What Would You Say for the mix and Satellite for the guitar intro. 

For Genesis I had Foxtrot a 16/44.1 rip of the CD. Horizon's is a wonderful acoustic guitar piece. But I listen to a Trick of the Tail in 24/48.

The reason I used a couple of CD rips was to see how the players compared to the sound from my Benchmark DAC2 HGC at home. Otherwise everything else was hi-res as I'm looking for the best sound using hi-res as that is what all my favorite music is in. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #2,039 of 15,899
Btw, Ric Ocasek and Ben Orr are better singers than Geddy and Alex.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #2,040 of 15,899
  Hi all,

Anyone know how do i manage my battery performance? I have 50% battery left last night at 12am. This morning woke up 8am, the battery died. I started to charge my battery at 8am and till now 12pm, i only have 77% charged. May i know if anyone has this issue? how to improve the battery life? Also, what's the difference between Sleep & Idle? How can i enhance my device battery life.

Thanks!

Anyone else having issues like these? Or knows what's the solution here?
This kinda worries me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back