FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jun 5, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #5,356 of 7,088
I'm a happy X5 1st gen owner who just bought a 2nd gen, arriving tomorrow.  I'm interested in finding some kind of bluetooth solution for this device.  I use my X5 primarily for travel with Bose noise-cancelling headphones.  Bose has just come out with a bluetooth noise-cancelling phone that I'd like to use with my new X5.  Does anyone know of a dongle or add-on device that (1) will work, (2) will transmit high-quality audio, and (3) can run for long periods of time without recharging?

BTW, I know the X7 supports bluetooth, but my music collection is large and I need a device with 2 microSD cards.

Thanks.

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #5,361 of 7,088
  Koukol, sorry,  X5II can not support Hebrew.

Cheers.

I asked because I got an E-mail yesterday, from Amazon, asking me if I could answer this question for someone.
I just went to Amazon (with your reply) to see if anyone answered yet...the question wasn't there.
So I now assume what I got yesterday was actually a phishing E-mail with that big bright reply button they wanted me to click.
Sneaky bastards.

Thanks again :)

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #5,362 of 7,088
I just ordered a 2nd Gen X5 to replace my 1st gen X3. What differences should I expect to hear? How does battery life compare? Any recommendations other than throw my sd card in and listen?

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #5,363 of 7,088
I just ordered a 2nd Gen X5 to replace my 1st gen X3. What differences should I expect to hear? How does battery life compare? Any recommendations other than throw my sd card in and listen?

Thanks!

headphone out should be way more powerful, a cleaner coaxial signal i guess, and no, no configs needed in general.

batt life is long, once i forgot to switch off the player and it played whole night long for 9 hours non stop, and morning check it only dropped a bar battery meter. though need to mention no headphones were connected

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #5,364 of 7,088

Thanks!

The ability to use 2 memory cards just about drives it home for me.

Jun 12, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #5,365 of 7,088
I just updated formware 2.0 on my X5II And I found that my unit can not be fully charged. I normally charge my unit every night before I go to bed and it will be fully charged in the next morning with no problem but today when I woke up I found that my battery is at approx. 50%.

I also tried to recharge it again during the day but always get the same result. Doesn't anyone know how to fix the problem? And is it possible for me to go back to previous firmware?

Thanks
Witt

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #5,367 of 7,088
Hello,

I am looking for a cable to run from my X5ii to Mojo.   I am trying to not spend $75 for this from moonaudio simply because I am not sure how often I will use that combination together, but I would like the ability to do so.   Does any one know if there are cheaper options to connect the 2 devices?

Thanks
Mike

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #5,368 of 7,088
  Hello,

I am looking for a cable to run from my X5ii to Mojo.   I am trying to not spend $75 for this from moonaudio simply because I am not sure how often I will use that combination together, but I would like the ability to do so.   Does any one know if there are cheaper options to connect the 2 devices?

Thanks
Mike

You could purchase the following via ebay: "Dyson Audio Fiio Chord Mojo 75 Ohm Digital Jumper TRRS/TS 3.5mm"

Jun 13, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #5,370 of 7,088
I just updated formware 2.0 on my X5II And I found that my unit can not be fully charged. I normally charge my unit every night before I go to bed and it will be fully charged in the next morning with no problem but today when I woke up I found that my battery is at approx. 50%.

I also tried to recharge it again during the day but always get the same result. Doesn't anyone know how to fix the problem? And is it possible for me to go back to previous firmware?

Thanks
Witt

For me firmware 2 has another bug.
It won't play gapless with my flac and wav rips.
I'll roll back and test then roll forward again and see what happens.
I'm not happy spending $500.00 on a player thank can't play gapless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back