FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Oct 5, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #3,752 of 7,088
Thanks for quick reply. I already gave credit to the circumstance that hardware technology has advanced since the 7th. gen pod release, however, so did power supply tech and knowing that a 3300 mAh battery will last for a lousy less-than-a-day-charge, well-brained engineering would have set the target higher, at least for something around a day's load, something decent to deserve the "mobile" aspiration in such a device . And now, this being poorly resolved, they even aim for a touch pad. What's wrong with the people?

But enough of that already, it is what it is.  

Do you use the silicone case like I do and does it worsen the heat effect? Anyone using a Dignis leather can report something about that? Thanks

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #3,753 of 7,088
The Dignis case is really nice and makes the player feel great in your hand...I wouldn't want to be without it.

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #3,755 of 7,088
  Same can be said about my wife, only her name is not Dignis but what does your reply have to do with my question?

"Anyone using a Dignis leather can report something about that?"

I commented on the Dignis case which you asked about.

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #3,756 of 7,088
  The Dignis case is really nice and makes the player feel great in your hand...I wouldn't want to be without it.

Would love to have case that accommodates both X5 and E12 in one nice package. Stacking kit works well ergonomically but won't accommodate even the silicone case 
confused_face.gif

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #3,757 of 7,088

"Anyone using a Dignis leather can report something about that?"

I commented on the Dignis case which you asked about.

He was looking for comment on heat generation with Dignis i.e. better or worse than silicone
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #3,758 of 7,088
With the leather case you don't really feel the warmth of the player.

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #3,759 of 7,088
Well the Fiio states the heat will not damage the player.
If you're concerned, you can set the gain to low for less heat and longer battery life, in the price of the sound quality.
You can always try for yourself.
I was pairing it with a SE535 (not LTD), and found the low gain mode has less dynamic and speed, but YMMV.

That SE535 was lost somewhere and I'm looking for another option though...
I'm pairing the X5ii with my old DT1350 now.

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #3,760 of 7,088
If you're concerned, you can set the gain to low for less heat and longer battery life, in the price of the sound quality.

Or add E12 at expense of additional bulk ...

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #3,761 of 7,088
I was paring it with a SE535 (not LTD), and found the low gain mode has less dynamic and speed.
YMMV.

That SE535 was lost somewhere and I'm looking for another option though...
I'm paring the X5ii with my old DT1350 now.

I like the EX1.

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #3,762 of 7,088

I like the EX1.

I bought it and sell after 3 days. Very bad sound. An accent on treble. Very bright with X5-II.

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #3,763 of 7,088

I like the EX1.

I bought it and sell after 3 days. Very bad sound. An accent on treble. Very bright with X5-II.

I know. But in contrast to you I allow myself to use the X5's equalizer – which makes the sound *almost* perfect. I agree on the excessive treble, but after EQing it's very smooth and delicate.

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #3,764 of 7,088
I know. But in contrast to you I allow myself to use the X5's equalizer – which makes the sound *almost* perfect. I agree on the excessive treble, but after EQing it's very smooth and delicate.

Tried. Soundstage was very small and sound had not volume as much as I like. It looks like "flat". Changed it to the Westone and now I'm happy.

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #3,765 of 7,088

Tried. Soundstage was very small and sound had not volume as much as I like. It looks like "flat". Changed it to the Westone and now I'm happy

Well, I tried it with apparently better motivation and greater optimism. To my ears the soundstage is pronouncedly large (the opposite of small), and the sonic balance is very even. It took quite some effort and patience to get to this, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back