FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Oct 1, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #3,721 of 7,088
There are quite a few shortcuts and functions depending on the screen you are in. I suggest every new user press or hold the menu and back buttons within each screen to find out what they are. You won't break the thing or delete anything without a confirmation box.

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #3,722 of 7,088
Just a small warning: Be very careful to not plug your headphones into the "line out" by mistake. I almost blew out my ears and my headphones this way, because it's way louder. Just 1-2 seconds can be OK though. Be especially careful to not plug IEMs into there.

I agree with it not having a large screen - why duplicate your smartphone features and shift the design focus away from sound perfection - not to mention reduced battery life. It's kind of like how most 'smart'phones of these days seem to focus the design only on the screen and leave us with $hitty microphones probably worth only $0.10

But yes there's already the E17 for that

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #3,723 of 7,088
Just a small warning: Be very careful to not plug your headphones into the "line out" by mistake. I almost blew out my ears and my headphones this way, because it's way louder. Be especially careful to not plug IEMs into there.

I agree with it not having a large screen - why duplicate your smartphone features and shif tthe design focus away from sound perfection - not to mention reduced battery life. It's kind of like how most 'smart'phones of these days seem to focus the design only on the screen and leave us with $hit microphones 

Yeah, good warning...... Happened to a few users already.... Ouch. Always good to bring it to attention.

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #3,724 of 7,088
At the risk of a "Captain Obvious" comment I just realized the DAC feature is awesome if using something like J River.  I can play through the X5, apply any DSP to my liking per track, and JR will send to X5 with those DSP applied.  So no more limited EQ
gs1000.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #3,726 of 7,088
Anyone had any luck using the DAC with a mac?

No problems here.

Did you set the X5ii to DAC mode in the System Settings, or set the X5ii as the sound output device?

Oct 2, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #3,727 of 7,088
Same here

Oct 2, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #3,729 of 7,088
@JamesFiiO: Would you mind sending me the mail of the development team or someone responsible for the OS / optimization ?

I have a couple of practical suggestions to improve the responsivity of the device in case of very large librairies. This could very well benefit X1, X3 and X5.

Oct 2, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #3,730 of 7,088
  I have a Dignis case for my Fiio X3ii so I know how good those cases are. I don't know how much better the X5ii will be over the X3ii but it does have 2 slots and from what I've read a better screen...

Anyone happen to know if Dignis or other case will work with HS16 stacking kit?  Tolerance is such that it won't seat over silicone case - or at least I didn't push down hard enough to make it seat.

Oct 2, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #3,731 of 7,088
Guys, this is the FiiO X5 2nd gen discussion thread. Please keep to that topic. If you wish to discuss media players, please start a separate thread for it.

Thanks.

Oct 2, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #3,732 of 7,088
Oct 3, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #3,734 of 7,088
  Has anyone ever had trouble deleting files / albums ? I've been trying to delete one album, several times, but after the update, it's still on the player.

No but I would:

1) Verify that you don't have a media player set to automatically sync when X5 connected
2) Navigate to SD card in Explorer (assuming Window don't know Mac) right click, go to Properties, Tools, then run Check Disk for errors.
3) Delete album folder if present
4) In X5 run manual update of media library.

Oct 3, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #3,735 of 7,088
Has anyone ever had trouble deleting files / albums ? I've been trying to delete one album, several times, but after the update, it's still on the player.

If you are on the mac you need to empty the trash before ejecting the mSD card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back