FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Aug 6, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #3,016 of 7,088
Long time no see guys--sorry I've been out of the loop, as non-FiiO related obligations and subpar health have been keeping me down :|

Anyway, here's some good news--first firmware update for the X5 2nd gen is available--and it's a stable release too!
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/776861/official-x5-2nd-gen-stable-firmware-thread-fw1-1-significant-stability-reliability-upgrades

beerchug.gif

Joe

just flashed it on my X5.
too bad you're still not considering a faster screen timeout and idle standby.

Aug 6, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #3,017 of 7,088
It wasn't planned, but just pulled a trigger. Just couldn't resist to a once opened and in fact brand new X5 II. Most probably my wife is gonna get it as her Sony NW-F887 got some water therapy yesterday. Maybe it will come back to life but it's very likely that the Sony is gone.

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #3,019 of 7,088
  It wasn't planned, but just pulled a trigger. Just couldn't resist to a once opened and in fact brand new X5 II. Most probably my wife is gonna get it as her Sony NW-F887 got some water therapy yesterday. Maybe it will come back to life but it's very likely that the Sony is gone.

I had a Sony that took a dip in the dog's water bowl. I submerged it in dry rice for a few days to no avail, so I chucked it in a drawer. A year later charged it up, and everything worked beautifully...

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #3,021 of 7,088

I had a Sony that took a dip in the dog's water bowl. I submerged it in dry rice for a few days to no avail, so I chucked it in a drawer. A year later charged it up, and everything worked beautifully...

It's now put in rice in a hot attic to get dry. If it's going to work again I'll have another DAP besides my buggy AK100 Mk2. By the way has somebody here compared these two machines (AK100 MK2 and Fiio X II)? I think their SQ might be comparable.

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #3,022 of 7,088
Long time no see guys--sorry I've been out of the loop, as non-FiiO related obligations and subpar health have been keeping me down :|

Anyway, here's some good news--first firmware update for the X5 2nd gen is available--and it's a stable release too!
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/776861/official-x5-2nd-gen-stable-firmware-thread-fw1-1-significant-stability-reliability-upgrades

beerchug.gif

Joe

I hope your health improves and that you're feeling much better very soon. 

Thanks for the heads up on the new FW! 

Aug 6, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #3,024 of 7,088

It's now put in rice in a hot attic to get dry. If it's going to work again I'll have another DAP besides my buggy AK100 Mk2. By the way has somebody here compared these two machines (AK100 MK2 and Fiio X II)? I think their SQ might be comparable.

I have both of them with me right now, and I don't think they are comparable. the AK sounds way better to me. more refined, precise and airy. 
A review about the AK100II is in progress. But I don't know if I'm going to compare it to the X5II since it doesn't even come close to it pricewise and SQ wise (at least to me).

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #3,028 of 7,088

You're lucky. My wife decided to run my 60gb iPod Video (now Classic) through the laundry....on the very day that Apple pulled the Classic off the shelves.  

No matter what I do, it makes a great paperweight.

....sT

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #3,029 of 7,088
  Oh, I'm sorry. The modelnumbers of the AK100 and AK120 get me confused sometimes.

I mean the newest AK100 II

Guys, I have said it before that someone at AK can only count as far as 2 while others in the price department count only in big bucks!!!

First there was the Ak100 then came the revised AK100 mkII and then came the latest AK100ii
confused.gif
eek.gif
angry_face.gif

Perhaps also consider the Hidizs AP100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back