FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Aug 1, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #2,972 of 7,088
After some search, I came to the conclusion that most people do not use this one with LO.

Still there must be someone around who compared it with the LO of the AKs or iBasso etc.

Who knows the X5 LO very well?

Aug 2, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #2,974 of 7,088
After some search, I came to the conclusion that most people do not use this one with LO.

Still there must be someone around who compared it with the LO of the AKs or iBasso etc.

Who knows the X5 LO very well?

I use the new ALO Rx IEM version and I absolutely love the X5ii/Rx combo. The X5ii Line Out is very clean. Haven't compared to AK or iBasso though.

Aug 2, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #2,975 of 7,088
I use the new AO Rx IEM version and I absolutely love the X5ii/Rx combo. The X5ii Line Out is very clean. Haven't compared to AK or iBasso though.

Thank you for the answer.

I am a big fan of the 1792A DAC sound. I have an Olive 4HD at home and its pretty great. If the sound signature is anywhere near the Olive, I would be happy to buy one.

Aug 2, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #2,976 of 7,088
Thank you for the answer.

I am a big fan of the 1792A DAC sound. I have an Olive 4HD at home and its pretty great. If the sound signature is anywhere near the Olive, I would be happy to buy one.

Just a word of caution, the X5ii may have trouble with your tags if you have metadata specific to the Olive 4HD.

Aug 2, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #2,978 of 7,088
That's a really good idea. Thanks! Although I still think the menu will Lag as the playlists will be within the same folder as all of the artists.

I think it's the sheer number of options being loaded when I click on TF1: or TF2:

Aug 2, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #2,979 of 7,088
People don’t seem to mention Alpha Design Lab products all that much, but just wanted to share that the ADL-H128 headphones sound phenomenal with the X5 Next Gen without any need for outside amplification.  I’m marveling at this combination as the X5 II really coaxes a command performance out of these cans, the depth and detail resonates wonderfully.

And no, I did not take the photos of the model... nor the laminated RCA canine.

Aug 2, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #2,982 of 7,088
There's a thread already on it... Just not many have that headphone to review it.

My assessment is the ADL-H128 are perfectly tuned and balanced for the X5 Next Gen.  They've never sounded this vibrant with any other DAP so there's true synergy.  I'd been listening to Grados and the ATH-M50x previously, but the ADL cans are truly best suited for this FiiO.  I hope more people will get exposed to these headphones, so just spreading the word.  It's hard to start a dedicated thread without other participants since few possess these and I'd just be talking to myself which is quite dull.

Aug 3, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #2,984 of 7,088

Users who are viewing this thread

Back