[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Oct 21, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #2,476 of 2,559
Hello, got some questions for yall.
Those were working fine with my fh7s but i switched to a pair of iem with more driver with 2pin connectors (so i use an adapter) and i have a lot of connection drop (like suddently i have no sound even when not moving with the phone in my hand.
Could it be because they are harder to drive and don't receive enough power? Issue with the adapters themselves (mmcx utsw5) or firmware issue?
It was happening with my iphone 13 pro and still happening on my iphone 15 pro :frowning2:
Any idea on how to troubleshoot that to know where it is coming from?

On another note i have a pair of iems with ipx connectors, any idea on how i could connect those? can't seem to find adapters (and if the issue i mentionned is more drivers well it's only gonna get worse lol)
Thank you for reading

Nov 2, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #2,478 of 2,559
Having to 'wiggle' every single EQ slider and the overall EQ gain every time I turn these things on is starting to drive me wild!
Are there any fixes to the ongoing EQ issues on the horizon @FiiO ?

Also has anybody had any luck with the regular support channels? Last time I tried, they seemed to be quite content with the fact 'there are bugs' and 'engineer looking at' - close ticket.

Nov 2, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #2,479 of 2,559
@FiiO please fix the EQ reset problem on the latest version of the app, it happens so many times with UTWS5

The user EQ is resetting to flat sometimes, never happened with previous version of the app

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #2,480 of 2,559
It's very strange that this is happening to you. Equalizer settings are stored in the headphones themselves, so the app itself will not reset these settings. Rather, it depends on the firmware of the headphones. It never reset on the last two firmwares, as well as on the latest version of the application.
@FiiO please fix the EQ reset problem on the latest version of the app, it happens so many times with UTWS5

The user EQ is resetting to flat sometimes, never happened with previous version of the app

Nov 3, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #2,481 of 2,559
It's very strange that this is happening to you. Equalizer settings are stored in the headphones themselves, so the app itself will not reset these settings. Rather, it depends on the firmware of the headphones. It never reset on the last two firmwares, as well as on the latest version of the application.

When i open the app, sometimes the EQs are reset to the default as if you pressed the 2 arrows making a circle icon to reset all the EQ.
Not only 1 preset but all 3 user presets are reset to the default (flat)

Not sure if this the case, but if I kill the app from app switcher button or swipe off the fiio app notification, sometimes it will behave like that, or only if I close the app when opening EQ I'm not sure but before that everything was alright (the previous version without PEQ button in chinese words)

I read some users also experience the same problem with me. It's kinda annoying.

Nov 5, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #2,482 of 2,559
Bought utws5. Received friday and used for half day. Saturday charging box died and now the earhooks are unresponsive.
The level charge of earhooks was 85% on left and 100% on right. Bought from Fiio europe. I' ve sent a mail for replacement. I have utws3 from many years and never had one problem.

Nov 7, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #2,483 of 2,559
With the one ui 6 and android 14 update I think Samsung finally succeded in messing up completely the ldac transmission at 990kbps. It's disgusting how this company is trying to create its ecosystem in an open source space.
Can anyone confirm?

Nov 7, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #2,484 of 2,559
With the one ui 6 and android 14 update I think Samsung finally succeded in messing up completely the ldac transmission at 990kbps. It's disgusting how this company is trying to create its ecosystem in an open source space.
Can anyone confirm?
I have s23 but sadly my fiio died. So wait for(i hope) replacement. I hoped aptx hd or adaptive with ui 6 but nothing. My lg v50 has aptx hd and ldac but the screen is damaged

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #2,486 of 2,559
For me the right ear has defaulted custom EQ settings every time they are taken out of case or powered up. Left side seems to hold EQ settings, but not EQ-gain.

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #2,487 of 2,559

Dear friend,

So does the problem not happen when you are using the FiiO Control app in previous version? We will try to report to the engineer about for checking about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 11, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #2,488 of 2,559
Dear friend,

So does the problem not happen when you are using the FiiO Control app in previous version? We will try to report to the engineer about for checking about that.

Best regards
Yes, on previous version the PEQ never reset by itself although my UTWS5 disconnected or I close the Fiio Control app.

Thanks for the head up

Nov 13, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #2,489 of 2,559
The UTWS5 is such a buggy product. I started having so many problems with it just 3 months after i got it .
First of all I get random drops in what sounds like a mono mode .

Now the left hook just wouldn't charge anymore . No matter how hard i try to reposition it in the case,the light for the left hook is just... dead .

I also had the right and left hooks suddenly unpair between each other a couple of times.

I don't get this ...my much cheaper KZ and TRN hooks never had an issue.

FiiO makes great sounding products but needs to hire some decent programmers.

Nov 13, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #2,490 of 2,559
The UTWS5 is such a buggy product. I started having so many problems with it just 3 months after i got it .
First of all I get random drops in what sounds like a mono mode .

Now the left hook just wouldn't charge anymore . No matter how hard i try to reposition it in the case,the light for the left hook is just... dead .

I also had the right and left hooks suddenly unpair between each other a couple of times.

I don't get this ...my much cheaper KZ and TRN hooks never had an issue.

FiiO makes great sounding products but needs to hire some decent programmers.
Mine dead in one day(waiting feedback from fiio-shop.de). I don't understand one thing: i have utws3 too. Using from 3 or 4 years without one problem. Why the 5 has to many problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back