Fiio S6?
Jun 2, 2012 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

irzekk

Head-Fier
I don't know much about amps and I haven't seen any threads on this amp yet. What do you think of this amp? I'm not looking for anything fancy, I just want to use it for my Shure SRH750DJ's and wanted to know if it is enough to bring out its true quality. I really wish I could get a response.

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 11
You mean FiiO E6 not S6.  The E6 is the portable amp I use and it work very well at enhancing the over all and soundstage of most IEM's I own.  For under $30 its a good value and a great amp to start with.

Jun 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
oh then they wouldnt work for me. I use an LG optimus to listen to music

I don't have the Shure DJ's or the E6 but I do have experience with the E5 and the SRH440. The bass boost is a nice feature that adds a bit of coloration to my music that makes it preferable. 

The e6 SHOULD come with a dual end 3.5mm cable (don't quote me on this, check it first) like my E5 did so it should work well. However most phone's or tablet's don't have very good audio parts...at all.

Jun 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #9 of 11
The E6 will work pretty well with SHR750DJ, (I owned them) you will notice a nice difference in SQ, they definitely sounded much fuller with an amp. But the problem with SHR750DJ is they pack up and distort really easily when you try to drive them to decently loud levels. At first I thought this was because they needed an amp, but found out it only amplified the distortion at higher volumes using one. Considering they're rated at 3000mW power handling I was pretty disappointed at their performance.

Long story short: 750DJ will benefit from an E6, and I recommend the upgrade of amping them for better sound. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
The E6 will work pretty well with SHR750DJ, (I owned them) you will notice a nice difference in SQ, they definitely sounded much fuller with an amp. But the problem with SHR750DJ is they pack up and distort really easily when you try to drive them to decently loud levels. At first I thought this was because they needed an amp, but found out it only amplified the distortion at higher volumes using one. Considering they're rated at 3000mW power handling I was pretty disappointed at their performance.

Long story short: 750DJ will benefit from an E6, and I recommend the upgrade of amping them for better sound. 

thats actually a pretty big disappointment to know. thank you, though. at least i know what to expect. seeing as i dont like to listen to music at volumes too high and the isolation being alright, which causes me to keep it even lower, it shouldnt make as big of a problem as it could, i hope.

Jun 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
thats actually a pretty big disappointment to know. thank you, though. at least i know what to expect. seeing as i dont like to listen to music at volumes too high and the isolation being alright, which causes me to keep it even lower, it shouldnt make as big of a problem as it could, i hope.

No problem. 
smile.gif
 The volume levels of distortion I mentioned was pretty loud (really trying to rock them out) I don't think you should have a problem. By all means it went loud enough for everyday listening and a little more. Just not "insanely" high volumes! Try it, you will see what I mean. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back