1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by jamesfiio, Jun 21, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. ClieOS Contributor
    What is wrong with just calling it amp module anyway? Hifiman is the first to try to name their amp module system in the HM801 but no one really use it at the end (and most probably don't remember that name). Even they don't use it anymore in HM901 and just refer it as amp module, like everyone else.

earfonia likes this.
  2. nmatheis Contributor
    Stop being so damn reasonable ClieOS :wink_face:

3. earfonia

+1. Agree.
    There are so many new acronym and names in this Head-Fi world, it is time to go back to simplicity. Just name it amp module so anyone would easily understand it.

4. tiddlywinks
    Q5 Mod 1
    Q5 Mod 2
    etc....?

5. bahamot
    FiiO Replaceable Amp Module (FiiRAM) 
    This could be the first FiiO product to me. :D

6. RedJohn456
    would it be possible to use a module with balanced 3.5mm output? Like on the pono?

7. nmatheis Contributor
  8. leobigfield
    Any news?

9. nmatheis Contributor
  10. x RELIC x Contributor
    James popped in to the X3ii thread saying they're occupied with the X7. I imagine they're pretty swamped with all the new products lately.

Man, FiiO has EXPLODED over the last couple years.

HiFiChris likes this.
  11. wega03
    i hope read news from joe soon

12. nmatheis Contributor

One thing I've really felt was a strong point is Fiio's presence and interactivity. I feel like it's dropping off - maybe because their business is expanding so quickly. Perhaps they need more headfi ambassadors to keep up?

If not, it feels like they start a conversation and leave midstream. It's not a good feeling and leaves people wondering what's going on.

I just used this positive trait it to sell someone on X5ii in another DAP thread, actually - against a DAP I enjoyed but felt was a bit outclassed by the X5ii feature-wise even if not aesthetically.

Being a Fiio old-timer now, owning X3 and X5 Classics, I remember the good old days of James and Joe popping into threads regularly and engaging in PM conversations. I can't help but feel that sense of intimacy is fading when I see a thread like this languishing.

13. x RELIC x Contributor

Agreed. I'm a FiiO old-timer as well and feel the interaction is a big plus. But I imagine it's difficult to keep up with the growth of the business never mind the amount of posts in the multiple threads. More representation would be welcome.

14. sodesuka
    With the advent of dualshock 4 I sometimes wish that there's a device that accept all kind of digital input, convert it to bluetooth or wifi direct signal, and send it to another portable dac/amp you can connect to your earphones. Would be really really convenient for watching movies or playing video games.

Since Fiio Q5 uses wifi direct, maybe releasing a companion product for converting digital input (usb, coax, and optical) to wifi signal might be a good idea James?

15. howdy
    still looking forward to this especially if they use the AKM DACs.

First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last