FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Jul 6, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #166 of 3,173
What is wrong with just calling it amp module anyway? Hifiman is the first to try to name their amp module system in the HM801 but no one really use it at the end (and most probably don't remember that name). Even they don't use it anymore in HM901 and just refer it as amp module, like everyone else.

Jul 6, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #168 of 3,173
  What is wrong with just calling it amp module anyway? Hifiman is the first to try to name their amp module system in the HM801 but no one really use it at the end (and most probably don't remember that name). Even they don't use it anymore in HM901 and just refer it as amp module, like everyone else.

+1. Agree.
There are so many new acronym and names in this Head-Fi world, it is time to go back to simplicity. Just name it amp module so anyone would easily understand it.

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #169 of 3,173
Q5 Mod 1
Q5 Mod 2
etc....?

Aug 3, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #175 of 3,173
James popped in to the X3ii thread saying they're occupied with the X7. I imagine they're pretty swamped with all the new products lately.

Man, FiiO has EXPLODED over the last couple years.

Aug 3, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #177 of 3,173
James popped in to the X3ii thread saying they're occupied with the X7. I imagine they're pretty swamped with all the new products lately.

Man, FiiO has EXPLODED over the last couple years.

One thing I've really felt was a strong point is Fiio's presence and interactivity. I feel like it's dropping off - maybe because their business is expanding so quickly. Perhaps they need more headfi ambassadors to keep up?

If not, it feels like they start a conversation and leave midstream. It's not a good feeling and leaves people wondering what's going on.

I just used this positive trait it to sell someone on X5ii in another DAP thread, actually - against a DAP I enjoyed but felt was a bit outclassed by the X5ii feature-wise even if not aesthetically.

Being a Fiio old-timer now, owning X3 and X5 Classics, I remember the good old days of James and Joe popping into threads regularly and engaging in PM conversations. I can't help but feel that sense of intimacy is fading when I see a thread like this languishing.

Aug 3, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #178 of 3,173
One thing I've really felt was a strong point is Fiio's presence and interactivity. I feel like it's dropping off - maybe because their business is expanding so quickly. Perhaps they need more headfi ambassadors to keep up?

If not, it feels like they start a conversation and leave midstream. It's not a good feeling and leaves people wondering what's going on.

I just used this positive trait it to sell someone on X5ii in another DAP thread, actually - against a DAP I enjoyed but felt was a bit outclassed by the X5ii feature-wise even if not aesthetically.

Being a Fiio old-timer now, owning X3 and X5 Classics, I remember the good old days of James and Joe popping into threads regularly and engaging in PM conversations. I can't help but feel that sense of intimacy is fading when I see a thread like this languishing.

Agreed. I'm a FiiO old-timer as well and feel the interaction is a big plus. But I imagine it's difficult to keep up with the growth of the business never mind the amount of posts in the multiple threads. More representation would be welcome.

Aug 3, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #179 of 3,173
With the advent of dualshock 4 I sometimes wish that there's a device that accept all kind of digital input, convert it to bluetooth or wifi direct signal, and send it to another portable dac/amp you can connect to your earphones. Would be really really convenient for watching movies or playing video games.

Since Fiio Q5 uses wifi direct, maybe releasing a companion product for converting digital input (usb, coax, and optical) to wifi signal might be a good idea James?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back