FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Feb 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #1,096 of 3,739
Quote:
The higher SQ but no charge while use version would have actually cost less if I remember correctly. 

So why wasn't that opted for then, if it will buzz while charge, then that's no better than no playing while charging, for me it's the same. Nevermind about buzzing heard while playing, I wouldn't tolerate it while no music is playing. :p

But yea E12 is a portable amp and I'm looking for desktop use, it's just desktop amps have less performance/price ratio and doesn't typically feature any bass boost why I tend to look at portable amps.

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #1,097 of 3,739
Quote:

So why wasn't that opted for then, if it will buzz while charge, then that's no better than no playing while charging, for me it's the same. Nevermind about buzzing heard while playing, I wouldn't tolerate it while no music is playing. :p

But yea E12 is a portable amp and I'm looking for desktop use, it's just desktop amps have less performance/price ratio and doesn't typically feature any bass boost.

Democratic vote

FiiO likes to listen to their fans. A huge vote happened. I was fine with either high quality but lower price version with no charge or current version but I went with the current version as many would rather change.

No buzz while playing music.

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #1,098 of 3,739
It's not a buzz per se. It's more like a very tinny distortion (it does slightly distort sound).

And I think I noted a while ago that using an external battery (that you use to charge your smartphone) would also eliminate all of that noise/distortion.

E12 + Zagg Sparq = about 40 extra hours on top of the 12 hours I had previously from what I can see. That's as much as I can ask.

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #1,099 of 3,739
I am a new headfi'er that just got an E12 and wanted to add my first impressions and comparison to E11 on this thread, but it was too long and seemed off-topic for what is being discussed now.  If you are interested, here is the link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/650293/fiio-e12-mont-blanc-first-impression-and-e11-comparison

I've gotten a great deal of helpful information on these forums and wanted to start contributing.  Any posting advice you may have for me is welcomed, and I hope someone can benefit from my input.

(Sorry if it is impolite to post a link to my thread on this similar one - I am new to forum posting and still learning the ropes.  Thanks.)

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #1,100 of 3,739
Quote:
I am a new headfi'er that just got an E12 and wanted to add my first impressions and comparison to E11 on this thread, but it was too long and seemed off-topic for what is being discussed now.  If you are interested, here is the link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/650293/fiio-e12-mont-blanc-first-impression-and-e11-comparison

I've gotten a great deal of helpful information on these forums and wanted to start contributing.  Any posting advice you may have for me is welcomed, and I hope someone can benefit from my input.

(Sorry if it is impolite to post a link to my thread on this similar one - I am new to forum posting and still learning the ropes.  Thanks.)

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet"

Welcome RsIV. It is not impolite to post a link to another thread that deals with the same topic. Post away :)

Posting advice? Nothing really. You just can't link to a banned member's site, post etc etc. This mainly only applies to he who shall not be named. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #1,101 of 3,739
I cant believe this thread has got so much longer in just a few days.

I also cant believe a new design is being prepared with a different bass boost. Seriously, when the music has the grunt, the E12 grunts big time without ruining the song. The E11 has bass boost but not to my liking, too dark sounding.

I just put down the bass attack to all that power providing control, effortless control. And thats with a bass light HD558.

If the redesign does occur, I reckon the first ones will be a collectors item as they will have a pure audiophile sound. Be prepared to pay big bucks for version 1.

And just in case anyone was wondering if mine is for sale, it most definitely is not!

I still feel as excited with my E12 as I did the first day I heard it!!!

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #1,102 of 3,739
Quote:

Posting advice? Nothing really. You just can't link to a banned member's site, post etc etc. This mainly only applies to he who shall not be named. 

I read "a band members' site... he who shall not be named" and was thinking "Why not? Aren't we music lovers? Who is this amazing musician we cannot speak of?"

I'm THAT tired. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #1,103 of 3,739
Quote:

I read "a band members' site... he who shall not be named" and was thinking "Why not? Aren't we music lovers? Who is this amazing musician we cannot speak of?"

I'm THAT tired. 

Lol

Who is this amazing man we cannot speak of!??

His stuff is featrured and used quite prominantely here on HF.

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #1,104 of 3,739
Yeah I think I know who it is.
We're talking Objective guy right?

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #1,106 of 3,739
Indeed. I tried to be vague 
size]

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #1,107 of 3,739
Cool - Thanks!  Yeah, my wallet is already taking a crunch, and my Fiancee thinks I'm kinda nuts, but I love and listen to every pair I own. Looking forward to being a headfi contributor instead of lurker, and I appreciate the welcome.

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #1,108 of 3,739
Quote:
"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet"

Welcome RsIV. It is not impolite to post a link to another thread that deals with the same topic. Post away :)

...my previous post was in reply to this - forgot to include quote...

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #1,109 of 3,739

I don't mind at all either, in fact I think it helps refocus the thread. This thread will be a better resource with reviews and review links sprouting off from it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back