FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Feb 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #1,126 of 3,739
Quote:
Quote:
That defeats the purpose of a portable amp however

How does it affect the E12's portability at all? The battery still lasts about 17 hours. The smart charging just means you can stick it on the charge when you go to bed and not have to worry about killing the battery.

I think bowei means having it perpetually plugged in defeats the purpose of having a portable amp. Might as well just get the E09 and call it a day.

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #1,127 of 3,739

How does it affect the E12's portability at all? The battery still lasts about 17 hours. The smart charging just means you can stick it on the charge when you go to bed and not have to worry about killing the battery.

I think bowei means having it perpetually plugged in defeats the purpose of having a portable amp. Might as well just get the E09 and call it a day.

How long does the E9 battery last? Charging the E12 once a day or two isnt a big deal imo

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #1,128 of 3,739
Quote:

Having it charged in indefinitately. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #1,129 of 3,739
E09 is a desktop amp. It doesn't take batteries.....

deadhorse.gif

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #1,131 of 3,739
Oops, is my newness showing?

Regardless, 17 hr battery life is portable enough for me.

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,133 of 3,739
Hey pngwn! How's the synergy between the E12 and your AD900X's? RIght now I am listening on my laptop using a cheapo (but pretty darned good) ELE DAC, and I'm trying to choose between the E12 and the C&C. Thanks!

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #1,134 of 3,739
Quote:

I don't want to worry about leaving it plugged in for a day or two if I don't end up using it. Give people a little more credit.

Anyway, I left it plugged in for a few hours and the light never stopped oscillating. Suggested battery charge time is 1.7 hours which is why I ask.

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #1,136 of 3,739
@wayne

The E12 is makin my AD900X sound wonderful! Bass boost makes the low end very full, really fills in the rest of the spectrum. Sounds great without the boost as well though. I'll post more about it when I get home.

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #1,137 of 3,739
Quote:
I don't want to worry about leaving it plugged in for a day or two if I don't end up using it. Give people a little more credit.

Anyway, I left it plugged in for a few hours and the light never stopped oscillating. Suggested battery charge time is 1.7 hours which is why I ask.

The term used was indefinitely.

Indefinitely plugging in a portable amp wouldn't be good value.

But yes, plugging it in a day or two. All is fine. If we all keep worrying about the battery here and there, we won't be able to enjoy the device. That is my philosophy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back