FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Feb 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #1,053 of 3,739
Just tested with outgoing phone call with duration of 3 min with soft music on and no music. Using Heir Audio 4ai and E12

Nothing detected.

I had to leave the house. Ill do the rest later.

My iphone was places on top of and taken off the pmp combo unit. I was not playing music with 4s but had it right on top of e12 while lifting it away.

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #1,054 of 3,739
Couple of questions for the owners here, firstly I have a friend that has an E12 but only get to chat via phone with him due to distance so do not get to hook up to often thus have not heard the E12 yet for myself.  His E12 (which he likes the SQ of a lot)  is having a buzzing sound occur in the left channel only and is not to do with the bass boost feature and happens whether anything is connected to amp or not and this is just on battery power.
The buzzing has gradually got slightly worse in sound elevation meaning it is obvious to hear when listening to music.  Has anyone else had this happen with their E12 or know what could be causing it at all? 

Secondly is anyone using these with 400 or 600 ohm can's at all and if it drives them with good authority?

Oh, lastly is there anyone who can compare how this sounds to a TTVJ Slim if they have one.   

Thanks in advance.....

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #1,055 of 3,739
I think the definition of "portable" depends on the user. For me, the E12 is too big and I don't consider it portable enough for my needs. Specially since I use my rig everywhere, even at the gym.

I can't understand why some people here have a problem with that. It has nothing to do with the amp's performance. Pant pockets? I don't know. What if your pants have small pockets and the amp doesn't fit. So then is not portable?

Other folks here carry around HUGE setups that are definitely not portable for the average user and others don't like to use portable amps at all no matter the size.

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #1,057 of 3,739
Quote:
Couple of questions for the owners here, firstly I have a friend that has an E12 but only get to chat via phone with him due to distance so do not get to hook up to often thus have not heard the E12 yet for myself.  His E12 (which he likes the SQ of a lot)  is having a buzzing sound occur in the left channel only and is not to do with the bass boost feature and happens whether anything is connected to amp or not and this is just on battery power.
The buzzing has gradually got slightly worse in sound elevation meaning it is obvious to hear when listening to music.  Has anyone else had this happen with their E12 or know what could be causing it at all? 

Secondly is anyone using these with 400 or 600 ohm can's at all and if it drives them with good authority?

Oh, lastly is there anyone who can compare how this sounds to a TTVJ Slim if they have one.   

Thanks in advance.....

with that kind of power output, i think it can drive 600ohms *better check page 1 if there are info about it*

edit: it says it can only do up to 300 ohms on the first page haha

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #1,058 of 3,739
with that kind of power output, i think it can drive 600ohms *better check page 1 if there are info about it*

edit: it says it can only do up to 300 ohms on the first page haha

The Monty should have more than enough output to drive just about any 600 Ohm headphones without any troubles.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #1,059 of 3,739
ATT U.S East Coast

Music playing with low to no volume with amp on while turning up to a higher volume.

Tested with calling outgoing only 

Tested downloading with 2.4GHz Wireless N and 4G 

Calling outgoing had no noise

Downloading over 2.4GHz N had noise and crackle. 4G had none.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #1,060 of 3,739
Quote:
Quote:
Well ain't that bollox, eh?

not really, if you dont mind the shipping costs, have someone you trust in this forum who lives in the US to buy for you and have it sent to your place =)

lol I was trying to be clever by using local slangs of Canada and UK, but instead I get helpful tips. 
size]

I had someone message me to sell their E12v1, but I haven't gotten a response. I don't quite know anyone on here enough to have that kind of trust, unless they have the trader feedback to show it, of course. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #1,061 of 3,739
FortisFlyer,
Who is your friend? Few people have the E12 yet, he might've been on this thread or on the Facebook pre-order. I'd troubleshoot with him if he comes by, but as of now my E12 is very reliably consistent and I can't reproduce the buzz you're describing him having (3rd degree troubleshooting, Bleh). Not even with my AD700, though I have yet to try with my Etymotic ER-6I (which may get too loud). Maybe he needs the amp looked at, but he should exhaust all other possibilities like problems with the headphone or the plug not being all the way in, or something. Good luck to him.

Chris J,
I probably wouldn't even have blocked him if I hadn't already had my fill of pointless negativity in an argument I'd had with my mom yesterday. Sometimes people who are rough around the edges still have a point... but this same guy is back with the same minor inconvenience, and worse acting like some sort of victim of conspiracy. He's not someone I have to give psychiatric help to, and I really don't care what he thinks at this point. Voilá, blocked.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #1,062 of 3,739
Would someone with mid-fi or summit-fi headphones be able to compare SQ of the E12 using LOD vs. headphone jack?  If I am using the headphone jack as the output, what is the optimal volume level?

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #1,063 of 3,739
Quote:
Would someone with mid-fi or summit-fi headphones be able to compare SQ of the E12 using LOD vs. headphone jack?  If I am using the headphone jack as the output, what is the optimal volume level?

My equipment I currently have access to is in my sig.

My DAP's I can use are:
iPod Touch 2G
iPhone 4S

I have L9 and L11.

I can do a few tests.

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #1,065 of 3,739
Quote:
Much appreciated and thanks for your feedback on the interference.

Sure

I will be receiving or have already received these:
Heir Audio 4ai
Heir Audio 3ai
Heir Audio Tzar 350
Heir Audio Tzar 90

Will receive
GR07
LCD-2  (very short headroom demo)

But I only have those Heirs and Q701 as anything you would care for in the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back