FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Dec 7, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #361 of 3,739
That was in response to me asking if it was still on track for December delivery, though, so I believe he's just saying that it will be difficult to get one by the end of December. There's no reason why it would be that difficult to buy once all the kinks are worked out and production ramps up.

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #362 of 3,739
the first batch of Mont Blanc will be about 200 pcs, we may let our fans ( in head-fi and facebook ) pre order it . and the ETA is the end of this month.

and very sorry, there are some component need too long time to order. so we have to order some from the retailer although it is very expensive. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #363 of 3,739
Quote:
James didn't really say delay, he just said limited availbility at first is what I implied he meant

I didn't mean to rock the boat, I don't mind waiting becuse I'm now assuming it would be past Xmas, so it would be a late gift. It doesn't matter as long as there's availability in the end and whatever time necessary to produce this device to comparable with high-end standards is fine. Better to receive an exemplary product than regrets.

@ feiao.
           Do you have an approximate cost for purchase ?

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #366 of 3,739
....... still need to fix the mold to make it perfect.

Went and read the whole thread again, just in case I missed out on some details and one little thought keeps niggling at the grey matter within my cranium.
I noticed some members inquired on compatibility with iPhone 5, as I also have a 64GB version of this device due to frequent photos and music usage...........I have a question.

If it was necessary to quickly snap a photo, how can this be done without dismantling the setup as the size of the device will blocks the phone camera ?

No doubt this E12 is very appealing visually without even mentioning the specifications but is it functional due to its length ?

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #367 of 3,739
Quote:
Went and read the whole thread again, just in case I missed out on some details and one little thought keeps niggling at the grey matter within my cranium.
I noticed some members inquired on compatibility with iPhone 5, as I also have a 64GB version of this device due to frequent photos and music usage...........I have a question.
If it was necessary to quickly snap a photo, how can this be done without dismantling the setup as the size of the device will blocks the phone camera ?
No doubt this E12 is very appealing visually without even mentioning the specifications but is it functional due to its length ?

Instead of placing the amp so that it is on the iPhone's back side. You can place the amp on the iPhone's front side! 

Yeah, this is half joke half serious. You don't necissarily need to use the screen to hear music. Although it would be hard to do something unless you already have playlist.

Otherwise it would be very hard.I guess you can somewhat quickly slide the amp out of the Camera's way? Or slightly lower the E12?

Some people have been able to use lightning dock with iPhone 5
http://www.head-fi.org/t/635800/impression-apple-nano-7g-lightning-to-30pin-adapter/15#post_8910098

instead of L3, you can use L11 so that you can keep E12 just slightly lower. This would of course give you a really weird feeling unit. 

So basically have the E12 like normal and when you want to take a photo, because you have a long cable L11 or L3, you can just quickly slide it down.

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #368 of 3,739
Quote:

Buy a camara or a dedicated mp3 player, you can't win them all 
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #369 of 3,739
Instead of placing the amp so that it is on the iPhone's back side. You can place the amp on the iPhone's front side! 

This would not enable to use of the camera application so it doesn't solve the issue of taking a photo.

So basically have the E12 like normal and when you want to take a photo, because you have a long cable L11 or L3, you can just quickly slide it down.

If you own a £700-£1 device would you slide anything along the casing ? I certainly have no intention of ever sliding any amp along the sides of an iPhone 5, so it still doesn't solve this issue.
So basically the design is slightly too long to be fully functional, 10cm should be maximum length for usability, not just for iPhones but for any mobile phone.

NB: I am not trying to knock this product, merely inputting constructive criticism so it can be manufactured "to make it perfect".

Buy a camara or a dedicated mp3 player, you can't win them all :wink:

I already have DSLR so there's no need to "Buy a camera". If you read carefully at my initial thought of If it was necessary to quickly snap a photo you may comprehend the situation dictates instant action ? My apology to contradict your reply but you can win them all in this case if the device was manufactured shorter, if the E11, c421 etc etc etc can be of a suitable size then it is possible for the E12 to be of similar size.

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #370 of 3,739
Quote:

Unfortunately, it is very hard to balance the function and the sound quality. sometimes we have to pay for the sound quality. 

In fact, there are a hifi smartphone just released in China, called BBK X1 which with build in CS4398, a very good DAC chip, but the battery and the amp section limited the sound quality, so the sound quality is not as good as expected.

Anyway, E12 is a monster amp with plenty of power output, so it is not suitable for so many people because few people will use big cans on the go. but it do provide a possibility to people who want to do that , or make it more convenience at home because it

is easy to moved around.

Anyway, it is not the issues about FiiO because we have many options to our customer, from very tiny one (E6 ) to bigger one like E12, or even a amp which you can use to control the song on the amp ( E02i),  

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #371 of 3,739
Quote:

Unfortunately, it is very hard to balance the function and the sound quality. sometimes we have to pay for the sound quality. 

In fact, there are a hifi smartphone just released in China, called BBK X1 which with build in CS4398, a very good DAC chip, but the battery and the amp section limited the sound quality, so the sound quality is not as good as expected.

Anyway, E12 is a monster amp with plenty of power output, so it is not suitable for so many people because few people will use big cans on the go. but it do provide a possibility to people who want to do that , or make it more convenience at home because it

is easy to moved around.

Anyway, it is not the issues about FiiO because we have many options to our customer, from very tiny one (E6 ) to bigger one like E12, or even a amp which you can use to control the song on the amp ( E02i),  

While the E6 is small and E02i is a mini-FiiO 
biggrin.gif
 they just won't sound as good as an E12(guessing)

Dec 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #372 of 3,739
Anyone know the specs on this baby? Output impedence, mW, load it can power? I'm thinking this would a be a great replacement for my e17 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #373 of 3,739
I'm not sure you realize that we are audio enthusiasts and that the majority of amps are exactly that size. C421, ALO Audio amps and etc etc.

This is like telling us that the LCD3 will fail because it is too big and is open. Well, it was made for the people that want to use it.

I'm happy with the E12 but looks are important. Gone are the days when it was ok to have ugly boxes.

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #374 of 3,739
Quote:
I'm not sure you realize that we are audio enthusiasts and that the majority of amps are exactly that size. C421, ALO Audio amps and etc etc.

This is like telling us that the LCD3 will fail because it is too big and is open. Well, it was made for the people that want to use it.

+1 There is a fine balance between size, performance and cost.  FiiO is one of the best at finding the sweet spot for value a la the E11.  With a larger form factor and a bigger price tag, I can't wait to hear the E12.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #375 of 3,739
Quote:
I am certain you are all audio enthusiasts, trying to manufacture a product but lack the professional R&D approach, to put it bluntly you are amateurs when it comes to production R&D. Being enthusiastic does not necessarily mean you are professionally capable. Professionals would NOT request/require consumer feed-back for development, have you ever seen Samsung or Apple enter Forums to ask for opinions ? It is a case of "too many cooks spoils the broth" you have lost sight of the original concept of portability and ended up designing an Amp for indoor usage with full sized headphones.

Great of you to note that we here in this thread aren't professional manufacturer's. 

We never said that. We enthusiasts buy the stuff that a company makes. 

Samsung and Apple and every company ever has used customer feedback in some way shape or form. People complained about the shuffle feature on iPods half a decade ago and other problems. Guess what they changed? People noted that Samsung TV of specific model had a burn in issue, guess what they changed?

In an effort to remain courteous, I will refrain from commenting on the rest of your comment.

Have a great day. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back