FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Oct 12, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #3,166 of 3,739
If you have your own way of baking a bread and you like it more than what your baker friend has made, I'll say more power to you. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #3,167 of 3,739
This is why I dislike semantic arguments.  The intention behind what is said is generally disregarded so people can argue about how it's said.  In many cases people are trying to convey the exact same message, they just argue about how to do so, and ultimately detract from the purpose in which the idea was originally being conveyed.

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #3,168 of 3,739
  This is why I dislike semantic arguments.  The intention behind what is said is generally disregarded so people can argue about how it's said.  In many cases people are trying to convey the exact same message, they just argue about how to do so, and ultimately detract from the purpose in which the idea was originally being conveyed.

True. Let go back to the program.

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #3,169 of 3,739

Anything that coming out of the amp that isn't intended is my definition of noise, otherwise it should be the music. It might not fit into your EE definition but it is perfectly fine as my layman definition. 
wink.gif

If one wishs to communicate with the rest of the world and make sense, they must do so following standards,especially if they are reviewing equipment. Do you prefer chaos over comunication?

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #3,170 of 3,739
I've removed a number of abusive, trolling and off-topic posts. Respecting definitions is important, but also respecting the rules here is too, if we are to all be able to discuss things.

I believe that the topic was ClieOS suggesting another member start with the low gain setting to avoid noise.

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #3,171 of 3,739
Hey guys I have a pairing question, I see people pairing an e12 with a fiio X5, and I thought of something.  Since the X5 at 32 ohms is about 300mw of power and people feed that into the e12, i was wondering if i could do galaxy s4 --> e18 --> e12.  Since the output of the e18 is about 350mw of power, i think it wouldnt hurt the amp.  The reason i want to do this is because i love the sound quality of the dac in the e18, but dont have an extra external dac and need more power.  So my question is, can i go from S4 --> e18 --> e12 --> or is it bad for the e12?

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #3,175 of 3,739
  You'd just be running the line out to the E12 in either case, unless I'm misremembering and the E18 has no actual line out.

It has a dual purpose jack that is a line input if the USB/DAC is not in use which serves as a line out when the USB/DAC is used,

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #3,178 of 3,739
Heya guys.
I just received the E12 today. It is certainly a very solid piece of gear! The volume knob is a bit tight and the toothpick requiring gain and crossfeed switch is a bit strange but the build quality is solid and the power it packs is pretty great/
As for X1 vs X1-E12, for now the biggest advantage is in the power on tap and warmness - the E12 being quite a bit warmer without any bass boosts/ crossfeeds.
This just shows how amazing the X1 is though.
I am quite satisfied with the E12 but I suppose I wasn't expecting it to be noticeably warmer than the X1.
For the money though, the value is absolutely great and the build, features and even overall performance are very good.
It is not a total killer IMO and the X1 then is stupendously good so far indeed.
I suppose I should have paid a bit more and go for a more expensive portable amplifier instead but for what it is, the Fiio did a great job!
Though I still think the X1 is a through-the-roof value if I've ever had one 
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #3,179 of 3,739
The dampened volume control on the E12 is much better than the ultra loose one on the E11K.

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #3,180 of 3,739
  Heya guys.
I just received the E12 today. It is certainly a very solid piece of gear! The volume knob is a bit tight and the toothpick requiring gain and crossfeed switch is a bit strange ANNOYING but the build quality is solid and the power it packs is pretty great/
As for X1 vs X1-E12, for now the biggest advantage is in the power on tap and warmness - the E12 being quite a bit warmer without any bass boosts/ crossfeeds.
This just shows how amazing the X1 is though.
I am quite satisfied with the E12 but I suppose I wasn't expecting it to be noticeably warmer than the X1.
For the money though, the value is absolutely great and the build, features and even overall performance are very good.
It is not a total killer IMO and the X1 then is stupendously good so far indeed.
I suppose I should have paid a bit more and go for a more expensive portable amplifier instead but for what it is, the Fiio did a great job!
Though I still think the X1 is a through-the-roof value if I've ever had one 
biggrin.gif

Fixed that for you! I really don't know why they didn't make those like the bass boost switch. Apart from that, I love my E12(v1), especially for any of my gear that has fairly large soundstages or that are not too warm to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back