FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Oct 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #3,182 of 3,739
So what that means is that I can use the line input as an output if im using the DAC and connect the e12 to the line output?

Yeah, that's right.
You can cable the "Line In/Out" on the E18 into the "Line In" on the E12 if you are using the E18 as a DAC.

Hey guys I have a pairing question, I see people pairing an e12 with a fiio X5, and I thought of something.  Since the X5 at 32 ohms is about 300mw of power and people feed that into the e12, i was wondering if i could do galaxy s4 --> e18 --> e12.  Since the output of the e18 is about 350mw of power, i think it wouldnt hurt the amp.  The reason i want to do this is because i love the sound quality of the dac in the e18, but dont have an extra external dac and need more power.  So my question is, can i go from S4 --> e18 --> e12 --> or is it bad for the e12?

I noticed this question was kinda left hanging there.....:xf_eek:
If you did plug the headphone jack on the E18 into the "Line In" on the E12 you wouldn't actually damage the E12.
The "Line In" on the E12 would not actually pull 350 mW out of the E18.

But the best way to run E18 into E12 is the E18 "Line In/Out" in the E12 "Line In".

Oct 17, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #3,183 of 3,739
  It has a dual purpose jack that is a line input if the USB/DAC is not in use which serves as a line out when the USB/DAC is used,

So what that means is that I can use the line input as an output if im using the DAC and connect the e12 to the line output?

Yes, I've done this and it works.

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #3,184 of 3,739
Ok thanks guys that just made my life a lot easier 
smile.gif

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #3,186 of 3,739
Well, "collectable" is determined by demand. It was also released in limited quantities in the US, I got super lucky to get a "OG" E12 from pre-market launch. You can tell if it's the first release because the silks teeming for the gain selector says "10 dB," even though internally the gain is a 17 dB boost. My opinion is it is the more desirable version since the bass boost is centered at 20 Hz, REALLY low bass. Both the current and first E12's have a 6 dB bass boost, but the first E12's boost the bass where most open headphones are pretty rolled off, so it is more of a bass "extender" and doesn't bleed at all into mids, very clean and atmospheric.

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #3,189 of 3,739
Battery should be charged and discharged periodically.

But if you have it plugged in all the time, who cares about battery life?

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #3,191 of 3,739
  the LED will stop flashing. I do not know if leaving it plugged in will affect performance or batter life.

It doesn't harm to leave it plugged. All decent battery powered electronics has a $0.1 chip which regulates the charging.
I leave mine plugged for long time.
What I noticed, is that led continue to pulse, while turned on. Immediately after I turn it off, it does a couple more pulses, than goes fixed.

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #3,192 of 3,739

It doesn't harm to leave it plugged. All decent battery powered electronics has a $0.1 chip which regulates the charging.
I leave mine plugged for long time.
What I noticed, is that led continue to pulse, while turned on. Immediately after I turn it off, it does a couple more pulses, than goes fixed.

That's probably a trickle charge to keep your battery topped off.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #3,193 of 3,739
Hey guys I finally finished my portable setup with the e12 and I'm using the JVC HA-SZ2000. Its terrific, the sound is amazing and the bass is great. I'm planning on getting the Grado sr80e's in January. But what I'm wondering is what other headphones would you use with the fiio e12's.

My setup is this: Fiio X5 > HS6 Line out > Fiio e12 > JVC HA-SZ2000. What other headphones would you use that would sound great and bass would be booming?

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #3,194 of 3,739
So I purchased this amp used a few days ago and got it today. Something I'm noticing is that the volume dial is very tight. I've read that it's tight in reviews, but I didn't expect it to be quite like this. Is it supposed to be really tight? Also is the volume pot meant to be removable? It comes off on mine, revealing just the metal rod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back