FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Sep 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #137 of 3,739
Quote:
Just found a teaser image.. for those who want to see

I see, not very suprising :)

FiiO has or had represenatives in berlin last week or the previous week for a big audio or technology fair. They had a or a few(don't know) samples of the E12 there as FiiO's facebook page says. The guy that has the E12 in that picture is from Berlin and is friends with some of the FiiO reps :)

I had to dig a little 
tongue.gif

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #142 of 3,739
Quote:
Hi, sorry for going off topic but I didn't want to start a whole new thread so I thought I'd just ask here. What exactly does an amp do?

You wouldn't need to start a new thread as there are plenty of threads on head fi that answer it as well as across the net but here:
http://youtu.be/Hyjt83X8nQE

My video of it. IT's mainly for beginner so I omit some of the super niche things and some things aren't too or as completely true in super high price ranges. A general simplified idea of what it is basically

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #145 of 3,739
i thought it was really thin, like pico slim thin. based on the prototype pics =(

still waiting for fiio to release an amp that is half as thick as E7/E17 =)

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #146 of 3,739
Quote:
i thought it was really thin, like pico slim thin. based on the prototype pics =(

still waiting for fiio to release an amp that is half as thick as E7/E17 =)

Half may be too much, E12 is said to be around iPhone 4 thickness, around so about 3/4 of E17 thickness

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #149 of 3,739
the thickness is 14.4mm, hard to make it more slim cause we have to put a huge battery inside it. 

Wow, that can't be much thicker than my E5 including the clip, for a much more powerful amp. Personally, great battery = awesome, and less than a centimeter & a half is really thin! I think some audiophiles would be willing to power an amp off their own lifeforce, haha, I'll stick with a battery :)

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #150 of 3,739
yup, it is still thick for me =)

still hoping fiio can do it in the future =)

The FiiO E6 is just 9mm thin, and light enough to clip to your belt or shirt. Hard to imagine that would still be too thick for you, unless you are trying to put it inside headphones or some other DIY (Do It Yourself) project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back