FiiO M9 || The Review Tour of FiiO M9 All-new Android-based Hi-Res Music Player Starts Now!
Jan 10, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #31 of 46
I just received my player -- but I think it may be defective. Has anyone from this review tour experienced a hiss/screech issue when used in USB DAC mode? It does this with both my Mac and PC, even after swapping USB cables and trying different, less efficient IEMs

Also, I noticed that USB C --> C Cables do not work. A --> C required... frustrating. I may return this. oh, I'm on the latest firmware.

@FiiO USA @FiiO

Update: This is going back. I hear a hiss on all my IEMs, and I'm experiencing the weird screech from my computers. I've owned lots of DAPs/External audio devices (including from FiiO)and have never encountered that.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #32 of 46
I just received my player -- but I think it may be defective. Has anyone from this review tour experienced a hiss/screech issue when used in USB DAC mode? It does this with both my Mac and PC, even after swapping USB cables and trying different, less efficient IEMs

Also, I noticed that USB C --> C Cables do not work. A --> C required... frustrating. I may return this. oh, I'm on the latest firmware.

@FiiO USA @FiiO

Update: This is going back. I hear a hiss on all my IEMs, and I'm experiencing the weird screech from my computers. I've owned lots of DAPs/External audio devices (including from FiiO)and have never encountered that.

Is this the tour kit, or your personal one?

Jan 10, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #33 of 46
a personal one. I just sent it back to Amazon -- not sure if I'm going to replace right away or wait for some firmware revisions. It seems like the reviews online say that the M9 is silent, so I guess it's possible it was defective but still disappointing. It was like Christmas yesterday when it arrived... it would have been an excellent little DAP if it worked right.

Jan 10, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #34 of 46
Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #36 of 46

@FiiO USA @FiiO

Dear friend,

Does the issue happen when the M9 works as a player instead? Which output you are using? USB c-c cable fails to work in the M9 and the MAC?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 11, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #37 of 46
Dear friend,

Does the issue happen when the M9 works as a player instead? Which output you are using? USB c-c cable fails to work in the M9 and the MAC?

Best regards

Yes, and seems to impact both 3.5mm and 2.5mm. USB C to C doesn't work on both my mac ( 2017 MacBook Pro 10.14.2) and a Windows 10 Pro custom desktop. USB A to C seems to connect instantly.

In efforts to not hijack this thread, I will write to you in a PM moving forward. Thanks for the response!

Jan 24, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #39 of 46
I have the M9 and am starting my listening today! Thanks again.

P.S. The case is a really nice touch and a well thought out design. I wish my Opus had an option for that.

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #40 of 46
I'm interested in being added to this tour!
•-Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess:
Tenhz T5, CCA-C10, Aiwa Arc-1, NICEHCK M6, Archeer AH07, Mixcder X5, VE Monk +, Yersen FEN-2000, UiiSii CM5, Sony MDR-ZX100, Fiio F1, Meeture MT3, EZAudio D4, Nicehck EP10, QianYun Qian69, NICEHCK EB2
•-Any DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess:
JDS Labs The Element, Hidizs AP60II, Fiio E6
•-Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted:
CCA-C10
Nicehck M6
Nicehck EB2
Meeture MT3
EZAudio D4
Nicehck EP35
PHB EM-023
Fiio FH5
iFi xDSD
Yersen FEN-2000
Rose North Forest
UiiSii CM5
Cayin N5Mk2
Shanling M3s
Hidizs AP60II
Fiio Q1 MkII
Meze 99 Neo
Cayin N3
Mixcder X5
Archeer A225
Archeer AH07
•-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in):
Arlington, Virginia, USA
•-Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in):
English

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #41 of 46
I would like to thank Fiio for the opportunity to review the M9. Its a great player and certainly true to the spirit of the original X1. Lots of capability for a very reasonable price. Review is up here and on my blog.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #42 of 46
I am in possession of the M9 tour kit, from @Wiljen. Delayed by an ice storm (ice on my lane yesterday, said the note...), I had to remove a downed tree from my driveway before I could go retrieve the critter.

Feb 7, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #43 of 46
Glad to know you are safe and it is too. We got flooded out today so same storm but just warm enough not to ice.

Feb 27, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #44 of 46
I have had the M9 for several days longer than my time...to whom should this be sent to next, please? I have had no communication regarding where it is going next. Yes, I know Chinese New Year was thrown in there (to my benefit).

Thank you.

Feb 27, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #45 of 46
I have had the M9 for several days longer than my time...to whom should this be sent to next, please? I have had no communication regarding where it is going next. Yes, I know Chinese New Year was thrown in there (to my benefit).

Thank you.
I was told that I was added to the tour, so maybe to me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back