FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Oct 27, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #271 of 2,501
Has anyone else had the same problem with the M9. I am looking to purchase the M9 but I am concerned this is a major problem with this unit.

Just buy it from somewhere with a good returns system such as amazon and you'll be fine. Getting it cheaper doesn't always pay off if you have any hassle returning it.

Oct 27, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #272 of 2,501
Just buy it from somewhere with a good returns system such as amazon and you'll be fine. Getting it cheaper doesn't always pay off if you have any hassle returning it.

in my case buying the m9 in scotland wasn't about getting it cheaper but earlier: i'm located in germany and the official fiio store here won't release the m9 before november, 15th - on amazon it's not even listed...

but i totally agree to you: buying abroad to save some bugs never pays off when it comes to returns!

Oct 27, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #274 of 2,501
in my case buying the m9 in scotland wasn't about getting it cheaper but earlier: i'm located in germany and the official fiio store here won't release the m9 before november, 15th - on amazon it's not even listed...

but i totally agree to you: buying abroad to save some bugs never pays off when it comes to returns!

How much did you pay?

Oct 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #275 of 2,501
The only thing i hate about Fiio is they will release a product and then quickly release a v2, like they made a mistake in v1.

Example. I purchased the BTR1 went it first came out, and now i see a BTR1K? Wut? :hushed:

We should get a return exchange offer in those cases. Although the BTR3 looks better.:laughing:

I still don't fully understand the BTR1K Vs BTR3 differences. Have to do more research.

Oct 27, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #276 of 2,501
I see Fiio is still being plagued by QC issues...
Actually, most dap makers have qc issues. Ask audio stores.

The one I have here says its common for 10-20% of daps sold to have warranty claims within a year. Even premium brands like A&K are not spared from battery issues.

Oct 27, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #277 of 2,501
The only thing i hate about Fiio is they will release a product and then quickly release a v2, like they made a mistake in v1.

Example. I purchased the BTR1 went it first came out, and now i see a BTR1K? Wut? :hushed:

We should get a return exchange offer in those cases. Although the BTR3 looks better.:laughing:

I still don't fully understand the BTR1K Vs BTR3 differences. Have to do more research.
I'd rather have more product revisions than less lol. It drives product quality upwards (most of the time) rather than staying stagnant.

Oct 27, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #278 of 2,501
I'd rather have more product revisions than less lol. It drives product quality upwards (most of the time) rather than staying stagnant.

Agreed. But sometimes, one feels like early buyers are used to test products and finance the research development for the next product.

I know there is lot of pressure to release the next best DAP... but...

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #279 of 2,501
Actually, most dap makers have qc issues. Ask audio stores.

As the owner of a few high-end and expensive DAPs, I can concur. The Lotoo Paw Gold’s screen has been plagued by discoloration and fading after a moderate period of use. Similarly, the QPR1 has an inaccurate battery meter as well as a physical wheel that was problematic, requiring a sticker affixed to achieve cursory traction.

All my FiiO DAPs, as well as other FiiO products, continue to perform flawlessly.

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #280 of 2,501

I am not against major product revisions like BTR1 vs BTR3.

But minor updates like BTR1K (after I just purchased the previous model) makes me a little sad. :alien::astonished:

I guess that's what Ebay is for? :laughing:

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #283 of 2,501
I am looking to purchase a 128GB microSD card. Can someone recommend a good card for the M9 DAP. Thanks Ken

Be sure to buy from a reputable source. There are a lot of fakes floating around. I bought two Samsung EVO on eBay that were counterfeit. Long story short, the seller refunded my purchase but if the price seems too good...stay away.

Oct 27, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #284 of 2,501
Masters quality is available on non desktop platforms?

quote from TIDAL's FAQ:
All you need is a TIDAL HiFi membership to access thousands of master-quality albums only through the TIDAL desktop application.

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000397069-TIDAL-MASTERS

"Masters Quality" is not actually better quality, despite what they say, but a lossless file containing, in some cases, fake hi-res content, so you're honestly not missing anything.

hi!

finally i received my long anticipated fiio m9 yesterday! ...and imagine my disappointment when i found the display faulty - streaky black and white and barely readable! so i made contact with the vendor in scotland and he told me that i wasn't the only one with this problem: apparently this is a common issue with the lg displays fiio is using! unfortunate i'd say...
for now i am going to return it and have it refunded - which will leave me with paying shipment twice (germany to scotland, about 40 pounds) and end up with nothing!
i dearly wish i could write a better review but it is how it is: buying a 1st gen product is always risky...

ps: i wanted to upload the photos i made but it seems i can only use weblinks to do so. is there any way i can upload local files?

They should pay for, or refund your shipping costs if it's DOA.

To upload photos, click on the "Upload a file" button. After you've done that, in the reply box you'll have the option to insert the photos you uploaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back