1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by JamesFiiO, Aug 10, 2018.
First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Next

Last
  1. Johnleadman
    Im not him but ill share my piece.
    Its a trick scammers do in increasing memory space temporarily in return for horrible speeds.
    I bought a sandisk 64 gb from amazon that once formated showed an actual 2gb or so.

2. max232
    No, they don't contain the capacity. When you format, the capacity appears correct, but when you try to write to that capacity you receive errors. What blew me away was how closely they resemble the genuine cards that I have to compare. Subtle differences like black edges (the real ones have white edges), and place of manufacture. The packaging is spot on. Of course you can't register for warranty because the serial numbers are bogus. Search the topic. Many many others have been hooked as well.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  3. ASpencer
    Thank you both. I only buy memory directly from Amazon and fulfilled by Amazon, never from third party vendors. I've never had a problem with counterfeit merchandise... and I have heard how horrendously accurate they duplicate the look of illicit products.

4. Focux
    oh dear,

looks like i should keep my apple music subscription then..

5. Johnleadman
    [
    https://petapixel.com/2012/12/09/be...y-cards-being-shipped-from-amazon-warehouses/

Amazon mixes cards up sometimesas well however they accept them back no questions asked at least.

6. MPNow
    Any one of the big name brands in this space should do. I personally have a samsung card. Most tech retailers should have these in stock for that size.

7. sporkabilly
    i paid 229,99 pounds at advancedmp3players.co.uk plus 19.- pound shipping to my location - which is about 290.- euro or 330.- dollar in total. haven't figured out how much shipping back to scotland is...

let's see, how much will be refunded...

in the worst case scenario i'll claim the shipping cost back from paypal, which i can do a couple of times a year - so it won't be much of a loss...

for now, i gave up on the idea of having a proper dap and keep using my galaxy s7 along with the bowers&wilkins p7 wireless...

8. OneL0ve
    Why didn't you buy from Fiios official Aliexpress store? $329 and free shipping.

9. masterstroke
    Don't believe everything you're told on forums! Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) IS lossy, but the end result can be quite exceptional.I much prefer it to CD which is often just awful.
    It's best explained here: "MQA encoding is lossy; it hierarchically compresses the relatively little energy in the higher frequency bands into data streams that are embedded in the lower frequency bands using proprietary dithering techniques.However, unlike other lossy compression formats like MP3 and WMA, the lossy encoding method of MQA is similar to aptX, LDAC and WavPack Hybrid Lossy, which uses time-domain ADPCM and bitrate reduction instead of perceptual encoding based on psychoacoustic models"
    Take out a free one month trial subscription toTidal & try out the Master albums which are all MQA. Most are terrific & some you might wonder why they bothered, but overall I'm sure you'll be impressed.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  10. kgs51
    I understand that the m9 transmits BT 4-2. Is there a transmitter that can be attached to the m9 that can up the Bluetooth to 5.0.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  11. Focux
    i have been a tidal hifi subscriber for a while now. i have apple music and spotify premium as well. just thinking of i should stop paying for tidal and keep apple music which is three times cheaper than tidal hifi

12. sporkabilly
    i preordered on advancedmp3player because they were the first i could find offering it. by that time the m9 wasn't even listed on aliexpress...

but even if had ordered on aliexpress i'd still be in the same situation: exact same total including shipment and returning the faulty player was still on me - except china is way more expensive than scotland, which was "only" 14.- euro or 16.- dollar.

13. masterstroke
    Sorry, I misunderstood. It does look as though you're a little over committed, but at least you are in a position to make comparisons. I've had Spotify Premium and it's good value. Not too sure about Apple Music though.
    Best of luck with it.

Focux likes this.
  14. Focux
    no not at all, frankly i have been trying to spot the difference but to no avail LOL

15. ExpatinJapan
First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Next

Last