FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Oct 31, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #316 of 2,501
That is exactly what it means. I am also thinking of picking this up to use with my micro DSD BL

Dayum, after you mentioned it, feel like buying one, very versatile DAP though

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #317 of 2,501
Is there a sd card holding 1 tb or 2 tvs ?

Oct 31, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #318 of 2,501
Oct 31, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #319 of 2,501
Oct 31, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #323 of 2,501
I wonder why FiiO didn't use the latest revision of the Aasahi Kasei chip? The AK4490 was released in 2014. You wouldn't think a company with their buying power would skimp on a key component like that? I don't know, given a choice, I'd prefer the 4497.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #324 of 2,501
Received my Fiio M9 yesterday. Still playing around with it. Android interface works really well. Downloaded the Spotify app and sideloaded it onto the Fiio M9 and set it up. The Fiio music app though has one seemingly glaring missing feature. In the Spotify app I can send the audio to my Jam Symphony speaker. Excellent. But......the Fiio music app will send to DLNA, but will not recognise the Jam Symphony. So I cannot play my own music library over wifi to the Jam Symphony. A shame because even on my Samsung S9 plus the Samsung music app manages this. Should not be a problem that Fiio cannot fix pretty quickly. Just first days with it but I like it at the moment through the BQEYZ KB100 earphone. Considering the cost of many Android players this may turn out to be good value little guy.

Nov 1, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #325 of 2,501
Received my Fiio M9 yesterday. Still playing around with it. Android interface works really well. Downloaded the Spotify app and sideloaded it onto the Fiio M9 and set it up. The Fiio music app though has one seemingly glaring missing feature. In the Spotify app I can send the audio to my Jam Symphony speaker. Excellent. But......the Fiio music app will send to DLNA, but will not recognise the Jam Symphony. So I cannot play my own music library over wifi to the Jam Symphony. A shame because even on my Samsung S9 plus the Samsung music app manages this. Should not be a problem that Fiio cannot fix pretty quickly. Just first days with it but I like it at the moment through the BQEYZ KB100 earphone. Considering the cost of many Android players this may turn out to be good value little guy. There seems to be two parallel threads on this so I've posted this on both. Sorry if I've misunderstood why.

Nov 1, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #326 of 2,501
Received my Fiio M9 yesterday. Still playing around with it. Android interface works really well. Downloaded the Spotify app and sideloaded it onto the Fiio M9 and set it up. The Fiio music app though has one seemingly glaring missing feature. In the Spotify app I can send the audio to my Jam Symphony speaker. Excellent. But......the Fiio music app will send to DLNA, but will not recognise the Jam Symphony. So I cannot play my own music library over wifi to the Jam Symphony. A shame because even on my Samsung S9 plus the Samsung music app manages this. Should not be a problem that Fiio cannot fix pretty quickly. Just first days with it but I like it at the moment through the BQEYZ KB100 earphone. Considering the cost of many Android players this may turn out to be good value little guy. There seems to be two parallel threads on this so I've posted this on both. Sorry if I've misunderstood why.

Just one thread - you've posted twice in it :wink:

Nov 1, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #327 of 2,501

2 Questions:

• Is the 10-band EQ able to adjust the sound of the music playing via the Spotify App (streaming vs offline downloads)?
  • Are you able to use Spotify's EQ that's built-in to the Spotify App?

I love my Fiio Q1 MKII and I use the bass boost feature all the time. If I can boost the bass on the M9 then I'll strongly consider purchasing it.

Nov 1, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #328 of 2,501
2 Questions:

• Is the 10-band EQ able to adjust the sound of the music playing via the Spotify App (streaming vs offline downloads)?

I love my Fiio Q1 MKII and I use the bass boost feature all the time. If I can boost the bass on the M9 then I'll strongly consider purchasing it.

Good question.....that would be a go or no go for me either.

Nov 1, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #329 of 2,501
2 Questions:

The Spotify EQ definitely works when using headphones. All the Spotify adjustments seem to work. When streaming to my Jam Symphony speaker the EQ on Spotify cannot be opened and nor can many of the other Spotify sound quality adjustments. So on Spotify with earphones the EQ works, streaming out over wifi to speakers it seems not. Because I haven't managed to stream to my Jam Symphony speaker over WiFi using the Fiio built in app I don't know if the EQ will be available that way. The Fiio EQ works, of course, with earphones. I haven't got any spotify offline downloads so I can't answer that. Each app uses the EQ separately, so the EQ in the embedded Fiio app cannot effect the Spotify app (if I am using it correctly).

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #330 of 2,501
The Spotify EQ definitely works when using headphones. All the Spotify adjustments seem to work. When streaming to my Jam Symphony speaker the EQ on Spotify cannot be opened and nor can many of the other Spotify sound quality adjustments. So on Spotify with earphones the EQ works, streaming out over wifi to speakers it seems not. Because I haven't managed to stream to my Jam Symphony speaker over WiFi using the Fiio built in app I don't know if the EQ will be available that way. The Fiio EQ works, of course, with earphones. I haven't got any spotify offline downloads so I can't answer that. Each app uses the EQ separately, so the EQ in the embedded Fiio app cannot effect the Spotify app (if I am using it correctly).

Thanks for the info. If it's not too much trouble, can I ask you to try a Spotify offline download and see if the Spotify EQ works? I'm assuming it will, but you never know.

Damn, too bad Fiio's 10-band EQ doesn't work to effect the music via the streaming apps.

I wish that Fiio would include a hardware bass boost on all of their devices. It's such a great feature, why don't they include it on all of their DAPs as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back