FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Oct 27, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #286 of 2,501
Im not him but ill share my piece.
Its a trick scammers do in increasing memory space temporarily in return for horrible speeds.
I bought a sandisk 64 gb from amazon that once formated showed an actual 2gb or so.
Just curious, did these counterfeit cards work? Did they contain the same amount of memory you'd purchased?

Oct 27, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #287 of 2,501
No, they don't contain the capacity. When you format, the capacity appears correct, but when you try to write to that capacity you receive errors. What blew me away was how closely they resemble the genuine cards that I have to compare. Subtle differences like black edges (the real ones have white edges), and place of manufacture. The packaging is spot on. Of course you can't register for warranty because the serial numbers are bogus. Search the topic. Many many others have been hooked as well.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #288 of 2,501
No, they don't contain the capacity. When you format, the capacity appears correct, but when you try to write to that capacity you receive errors. What blew me away was how closely they resemble the genuine cards that I have to compare. Subtle differences like black edges (the real ones have white edges), and place of manufacture. The packaging is spot on. Of course you can't register for warranty because the serial numbers are bogus. Search the topic. Many many others have been hooked as well.

Thank you both. I only buy memory directly from Amazon and fulfilled by Amazon, never from third party vendors. I've never had a problem with counterfeit merchandise... and I have heard how horrendously accurate they duplicate the look of illicit products.

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #289 of 2,501
"Masters Quality" is not actually better quality, despite what they say, but a lossless file containing, in some cases, fake hi-res content, so you're honestly not missing anything.

They should pay for, or refund your shipping costs if it's DOA.

To upload photos, click on the "Upload a file" button. After you've done that, in the reply box you'll have the option to insert the photos you uploaded.

oh dear,

looks like i should keep my apple music subscription then..

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #290 of 2,501
Oct 28, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #291 of 2,501
Be sure to buy from a reputable source. There are a lot of fakes floating around. I bought two Samsung EVO on eBay that were counterfeit. Long story short, the seller refunded my purchase but if the price seems too good...stay away.
Any one of the big name brands in this space should do. I personally have a samsung card. Most tech retailers should have these in stock for that size.

Oct 28, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #292 of 2,501
How much did you pay?

i paid 229,99 pounds at advancedmp3players.co.uk plus 19.- pound shipping to my location - which is about 290.- euro or 330.- dollar in total. haven't figured out how much shipping back to scotland is...

let's see, how much will be refunded...

in the worst case scenario i'll claim the shipping cost back from paypal, which i can do a couple of times a year - so it won't be much of a loss...

for now, i gave up on the idea of having a proper dap and keep using my galaxy s7 along with the bowers&wilkins p7 wireless...

Oct 28, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #293 of 2,501
i paid 229,99 pounds at advancedmp3players.co.uk plus 19.- pound shipping to my location - which is about 290.- euro or 330.- dollar in total. haven't figured out how much shipping back to scotland is...

let's see, how much will be refunded...

in the worst case scenario i'll claim the shipping cost back from paypal, which i can do a couple of times a year - so it won't be much of a loss...

for now, i gave up on the idea of having a proper dap and keep using my galaxy s7 along with the bowers&wilkins p7 wireless...

Why didn't you buy from Fiios official Aliexpress store? $329 and free shipping.

Oct 28, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #294 of 2,501
oh dear,

looks like i should keep my apple music subscription then..
Don't believe everything you're told on forums! Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) IS lossy, but the end result can be quite exceptional.I much prefer it to CD which is often just awful.
It's best explained here: "MQA encoding is lossy; it hierarchically compresses the relatively little energy in the higher frequency bands into data streams that are embedded in the lower frequency bands using proprietary dithering techniques.However, unlike other lossy compression formats like MP3 and WMA, the lossy encoding method of MQA is similar to aptX, LDAC and WavPack Hybrid Lossy, which uses time-domain ADPCM and bitrate reduction instead of perceptual encoding based on psychoacoustic models"
Take out a free one month trial subscription toTidal & try out the Master albums which are all MQA. Most are terrific & some you might wonder why they bothered, but overall I'm sure you'll be impressed.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #296 of 2,501
Don't believe everything you're told on forums! Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) IS lossy, but the end result can be quite exceptional.I much prefer it to CD which is often just awful.
It's best explained here: "MQA encoding is lossy; it hierarchically compresses the relatively little energy in the higher frequency bands into data streams that are embedded in the lower frequency bands using proprietary dithering techniques.However, unlike other lossy compression formats like MP3 and WMA, the lossy encoding method of MQA is similar to aptX, LDAC and WavPack Hybrid Lossy, which uses time-domain ADPCM and bitrate reduction instead of perceptual encoding based on psychoacoustic models"
Take out a free one month trial subscription toTidal & try out the Master albums which are all MQA. Most are terrific & some you might wonder why they bothered, but overall I'm sure you'll be impressed.

i have been a tidal hifi subscriber for a while now. i have apple music and spotify premium as well. just thinking of i should stop paying for tidal and keep apple music which is three times cheaper than tidal hifi

Oct 29, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #297 of 2,501
Why didn't you buy from Fiios official Aliexpress store? $329 and free shipping.

i preordered on advancedmp3player because they were the first i could find offering it. by that time the m9 wasn't even listed on aliexpress...

but even if had ordered on aliexpress i'd still be in the same situation: exact same total including shipment and returning the faulty player was still on me - except china is way more expensive than scotland, which was "only" 14.- euro or 16.- dollar.

Oct 29, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #298 of 2,501
i have been a tidal hifi subscriber for a while now. i have apple music and spotify premium as well. just thinking of i should stop paying for tidal and keep apple music which is three times cheaper than tidal hifi
Sorry, I misunderstood. It does look as though you're a little over committed, but at least you are in a position to make comparisons. I've had Spotify Premium and it's good value. Not too sure about Apple Music though.
Best of luck with it.

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #299 of 2,501
Sorry, I misunderstood. It does look as though you're a little over committed, but at least you are in a position to make comparisons. I've had Spotify Premium and it's good value. Not too sure about Apple Music though.
Best of luck with it.

no not at all, frankly i have been trying to spot the difference but to no avail LOL

Oct 29, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #300 of 2,501
http://www.headpie.net/2018/10/fiio-m9-unboxing.html?m=1

FiiO M9 unboxing photos and ui video

01EDA42A-973A-4474-9CB6-C87FC4682742.jpeg 0460F9E8-D4FC-4642-910F-268E3FA92EED.jpeg 5A94F607-9FE1-4513-A2A5-24DC6DAB30ED.jpeg CA6A55F8-CB2B-4B2A-B663-C0B95FA70AD0.jpeg E2958471-F349-41AB-B89A-C4553AD279EA.jpeg FC68343A-009C-4AD0-9D6B-1C0DC43E10E1.jpeg 719D16F0-F2F8-4066-BBCD-FE0D8143AB0E.jpeg 9E71226A-C56D-421B-8385-AC91395669F2.jpeg CED22FB2-3D5C-41D0-8873-EBF583977767.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back