1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by JamesFiiO, Aug 10, 2018.
First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last
  1. stemplar
    Not sure, but I think it raises the output performance (but only) in balanced mode. ((≥24mW(300Ω / THD+N<1%,balanced turbo off)
    ≥77mW(300Ω / THD+N<1%,balanced turbo on) ((ps. According to the laws of physics this accumulator time ... I think, can reduce it. ))
    I have Q5 and this is more than 7mW (I have AM3B ≥70mW(300Ω / THD+N<1% in balanced ) That's a lot of HD650 and even bigger (600ohm)
    Much stronger was the amplifier than the X3iii. The tone should be similar to the X3iii, since AKM4990 is there.

If you have an android phone, you can try to use it with USB as DAC / bAMP (by this UAPP / Hiby / FiiO music). I'm interested in whether it works (iOS so well) or someone who has tried it with a droid.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  2. bowei006 Contributor
    When I got my M9, I believe it had a on-boot startup guide on how to do the stuff around the screen.

3. MPNow
    If it doesnt that would be a good feature to implement (as a tutorial) on their end.

4. bowei006 Contributor
    I'm like 80% sure there was one on initial boot after language selection. I vividly remember the split screen tutorial image and what not.

5. reiserFS
    There was one on mine as well.

6. Currawong Contributor
    Yes, I saw it. Then promptly forgot the last screen, which is the one showing you how to go back. You can see it again if you select the help under the FiiO Music settings.

7. myskymysun
    I was purchased it and get impressed. It’s good with Tidal Hifi, but there are a big issue with LDAC connection between M9 and WH-1000xM3, with LDAC sound quality first, it can’t connect smoothly without strange sound and lag, the same with LDAC standard with lesser issues, so I switched to aptx HD and it’s good now. Just let’s you know the problem.
    It also miss connection with wifi sometimes and keep cycle until I reboot it.

8. reiserFS
    I got my BGVP DM6 in yesterday along with a balanced cable. The DM6 might be a bit too sensitive, but there's noticeable hiss on the 2.5mm balanced out. On the 3.5mm it's strangely barely noticeable - how come? I can sort of live with that, as the sound of the 2,5mm balanced out is damn impressive.

9. kukkurovaca
    I don’t think that’s unusual. Balanced is more power, more power to the hiss as well as the signal.

10. MPNow
    trellus likes this.
  11. DeviousEnigma
    Where is this sold in the US? Or where can it be ordered from?

12. bowei006 Contributor
    Someone posted it a few pages back. The Micca store. Also check FiiO's list of official distributors on their website

trellus likes this.
  13. p13rr0t87
    I simply don't understand, why Fiio does not allow installation of third party apps? Or why there are no google services pre-installed on the device?
    I mean it's literally the only thing that's stopping me from buying any of their M devices. I'm listening music through spotify and some other apps that are not white listed.
    Oh, and bluetooth 5.0, guys kindly consider adding it to your newer devices :p

14. DeviousEnigma
    As far as I know, this is the only device I would be able to use (outside say an nvidia shield) where I can use it as a transmitter from my computer via usb to an LDAC capable headphone. Is that true?

15. bowei006 Contributor
    I've provided an answer from what FiiO has told me already in my past posts.

The M9 uses a low power Exynos SoC with two A53 cores. It's meant to be wearables based and does not have the processing power to do full android + wireless (Wifi+high res BT) + Google Play Services and running unrestricted apps.

You mean PC Source -> USB C -> M9 -> Bluetooth LDAC?

Most Android phones support LDAC past 8.1.

trellus and p13rr0t87 like this.
First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last