[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Feb 21, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #1,397 of 3,610
Just received mine from Amazon which actually came from a company called Tinbel. Im concerned because the Fiio M6 box had no plastic seal around it. I bought it new and without the plastic seal Im thinking it was used and repacked.Inside everything was where it was suppose to be and looked okay. Does the M6 get sold without a plastic seal on it?

Well, mine came through a local provider and as our customs do have to check inside the box (electrical safety doh and they stick a customs stamp on the back the horror! :D ) it came unwrapped, but well that's life :)

Feb 21, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #1,398 of 3,610
Im pretty much facing accepting this unwrapped M6 since the contents look fresh.Amazon has no more and I could get my money back but then I might miss out on this device at its original 149 price. I have yet to fire it up but if all goes well Ill just relax and enjoy.

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #1,399 of 3,610
Strange the lack of Fiio response. Maybe they've got other crises; possibly stemming the cash flow haemorrhage due to having to increase production quickly due to huge backlog of world demand. I think we need to put to one side for now and push hard once this evident delivery issue is out of the way :)

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #1,400 of 3,610
I’d install the Sony headphone app, and use that Eq, it’s bound to be better than the Fiio one.

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed the apk and made some discoveries.

LDAC switches off if you use the equalizer in the Sony Headphone App. It lets you know when you try to adjust it. Goes right back to the primeval SBC (earlier than the first Aptx codec). So I went looking for the equalizer in the Fiio Music app. In case anyone is baffled like me, you have to tap the cover art in the Now Playing menu, then you can adjust the EQ. The FiiO one sounds fine and seeing as its the only one I can use, i'm happy.

Also, LDAC at its highest quality level sounded great but due to being a 2.4GHz technology, it fought with my 2.4GHz home WiFi and lost, stuttering. I turned the M6' WiFi off, and LDAC highest quality mode stuttering went away. Aptx HD on the same 'phones was not similarly affected. And sounds pretty damn good anyway. (All listening was with FLAC files).

Really loving the player, now that I know what it can do.

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #1,401 of 3,610
Yes customer support is the bane of all small manufacturers along with providing firmware updates. I don't see how they can stay in business operating like this. I am all for giving the little guy a shot but they just can't seem to get their act together.

I must admit, I've witnessed Fiio grow since I got my x3ii back in 2013. Each product I've bought from them since then is still going strong, software niggles aside. I'm even using the x3ii now as a permanent portable setup velcro'd to a Riva Turbo portable speaker. It really has transformed my opinion of Chinese audio products. I don't even think of it as such anymore.

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #1,402 of 3,610
I must admit, I've witnessed Fiio grow since I got my x3ii back in 2013. Each product I've bought from them since then is still going strong, software niggles aside. I'm even using the x3ii now as a permanent portable setup velcro'd to a Riva Turbo portable speaker. It really has transformed my opinion of Chinese audio products. I don't even think of it as such anymore.

Yes they have improved over the years but for every Fiio there is a Hidizs. There are Chinese manufacturers who have figured it out and those you still want to avoid. The good thing is with so many manufacturers you don't really need to trust the Hidizs's of the industry.

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #1,403 of 3,610
Yes they have improved over the years but for every Fiio there is a Hidizs. There are Chinese manufacturers who have figured it out and those you still want to avoid. The good thing is with so many manufacturers you don't really need to trust the Hidizs's of the industry.

Wise words! I would definitely approach other manufacturers with caution.

Feb 22, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #1,404 of 3,610
@FiiO you're aware of problems with LDAC? I've got choppy playback when connected to OnePlus 6 via Bluetooth in DAC mode - using LDAC I can only use FiiO Music app as streaming services are very unstable/choppy (tried TIDAL, Spotify, Bandcamp and Deezer), things got worse when M6 is paired with BTR3 - LDAC is not usable here except FiiO Music app playing files from SD card - this is OK, rest so TIDAL Deezer etc is not usable. I found a solution - disabled LDAC in BTR3, left only AptX HD (yellow FiiO mark on BTR3) and this solved my issues so there's something wrong with LDAC on M6.

Feb 22, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #1,405 of 3,610
Strange the lack of Fiio response. Maybe they've got other crises; possibly stemming the cash flow haemorrhage due to having to increase production quickly due to huge backlog of world demand. I think we need to put to one side for now and push hard once this evident delivery issue is out of the way :)

Yes I have to wonder if their limited stock of Exynos 7270 is a factor. Since they can't get anymore and they have to leverage their supply across 3 though mostly 2 DAP's in the M6 and M9. Make to many of the M6 or M9 and they won't have enough to meet demand for the other possibly. At some point they will have to stop producing both when the 7270 supply runs out. Clearly they will sell more M6 than M9 but they still have to manage supply for both.

Feb 22, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #1,406 of 3,610
Yes I have to wonder if their limited stock of Exynos 7270 is a factor. Since they can't get anymore and they have to leverage their supply across 3 though mostly 2 DAP's in the M6 and M9. Make to many of the M6 or M9 and they won't have enough to meet demand for the other possibly. At some point they will have to stop producing both when the 7270 supply runs out. Clearly they will sell more M6 than M9 but they still have to manage supply for both.
Oh dear. I didn't know the 7270 is no longer in production. Maybe it's all on hiatus whilst they try and source and engineer an alternative chipset? - ps...perhaps they woefully understimated the giant killer they have on their hands with the M6 and it's sent them scurrying to find solutions to exploit the potential to the max.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #1,407 of 3,610
So amazon.ca has now pushed stock eta from February 25th to the 28th. Bestbuy.ca had if listed for awhile but has now pulled it as did electronicsforless.ca

Not looking good for canucks getting supply any time soon.

Feb 22, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #1,408 of 3,610
Thanks for the suggestion. I installed the apk and made some discoveries.

LDAC switches off if you use the equalizer in the Sony Headphone App. It lets you know when you try to adjust it. Goes right back to the primeval SBC (earlier than the first Aptx codec). So I went looking for the equalizer in the Fiio Music app. In case anyone is baffled like me, you have to tap the cover art in the Now Playing menu, then you can adjust the EQ. The FiiO one sounds fine and seeing as its the only one I can use, i'm happy.

Also, LDAC at its highest quality level sounded great but due to being a 2.4GHz technology, it fought with my 2.4GHz home WiFi and lost, stuttering. I turned the M6' WiFi off, and LDAC highest quality mode stuttering went away. Aptx HD on the same 'phones was not similarly affected. And sounds pretty damn good anyway. (All listening was with FLAC files).

Really loving the player, now that I know what it can do.

Didn’t know that, Eq works on ess100 on LDAC Bluetooth. That kind of sucks, I personally don’t like the Fiio Eq.

Feb 22, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #1,409 of 3,610
@FiiO you're aware of problems with LDAC? I've got choppy playback when connected to OnePlus 6 via Bluetooth in DAC mode - using LDAC I can only use FiiO Music app as streaming services are very unstable/choppy (tried TIDAL, Spotify, Bandcamp and Deezer), things got worse when M6 is paired with BTR3 - LDAC is not usable here except FiiO Music app playing files from SD card - this is OK, rest so TIDAL Deezer etc is not usable. I found a solution - disabled LDAC in BTR3, left only AptX HD (yellow FiiO mark on BTR3) and this solved my issues so there's something wrong with LDAC on M6.

Mine stream fine with Spotify with LDAC, but is rough with tidal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back