1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M6 || Ultra-Portable Inexpensive Smart Hi-Res Player || Wi-Fi || AirPlay || FiiO Link || USB DAC || USB audio out || aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA/SBC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Dec 12, 2018.
First

Back
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Next

Last
  1. davidcotton
    That treble peak seems to be an achilles heel in a lot of the chi fi iems.

2. fish1050
    Oh yeah replaygain caught my eye immediately as I was really hoping the M0 would have it by now. It would be so nice not to have to change volume constantly on the M0, kind of a pain with both methods. More than once Shanling has mentioned their small software team as a big reason for the slow firmware updates. The bigger screen will be a godsend coming from the M0. I don't know how small Shanling is and they have been making home audio gear for like 30 years. But Fiio definitely has the bigger portable audio operation and much bigger distribution network. Being able to pack so much more into the M6 vs the M0 for a not much higher price is pretty impressive on Fiio's part.

3. Peter Hyatt
    Anyone (or Dear Friend) know when M6 will be available in the US, sold locally?

4. cleg
    Well, it’s working )))

Dobrescu George likes this.
  5. fish1050
    Me as well, I signed up for an email notification from bhphotovideo.com to let me know when they get stock. You can place a pre-order on their site now if you want and if you are in the US they won't charge you until your order ships. So I would think they should be getting stock soon. Unfortunately for international customers like me they charge your credit card as soon as you place the order so I will wait.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  6. drey101
    I just discovered chifi recently so I'll only limit my observstions to what I've experienced and the impressions, reviews out right now.

I think that treble peak is characteristic of KZ not of all chi fi. The DMG, Kanas Pro, and even the C10 from KZ's own (supposedly) sister company do not have that treble peak issue. The Kanas Pro follows the Harman Target pretty closely, and there are impressions that say it is like the Sony EX1000 without the Sony's treble.

As for why it is specific to KZ, I've read that it's usually from the tuning of their higher frequency drivers, which they have improved in the newest ZS7 supposedly.

Try getting the Kanas Pro, it's in Massdrop right now, slightly cheaper than the one sold on Penon Audio. It's really really good, no treble peak issues for me so far, and aside from the form factor, I like it better than the Comet, which admittedly I have only tried in the shop. I did like the Kanas Pro ootb, but ymmv.

Only thing I am worried about is that the KP is said to be very revealing of the source so I'm hoping it will be a good match with the M6 when that reaches our shores as it seems to be the perfect dap at it's current price range. I didn't like the pairing with the Shanling M0, and the other usual dap suspects at this price range aren't easily accessible here...

7. JamesFiiO Contributor
    already sent to warehouse of Amazon and should be available in coming days.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com http://fiio.udesk.cn/im_client/?web_plugin_id=24494&group_id=47899&language=en-us
    greenflash and Peter Hyatt like this.
  8. abitdeef
    Hi Fiio would it be possible to whitelist mytuner radio app?

Also could you guys implement magic 8 ball dsp, or viper or some type of advanced dsp/Eq set? Would be fun to play with.

9. crashtest33
    @FiiO
    Aside from the minor bugs I’ve mentioned, I have a UI issue.
    This is something that I’ve noticed with all DAP’s from Fiio, Hidizs, Hiby and iBasso.

Albums starting with ‘A’ or ‘The’ are included in the sorting algorithm.
    This is really annoying as all my albums begining with ‘The’ are bunched togeather under ‘T’ which is a pain.
    Are you able to fix this for the next Firmware update?

10. crabdog
    I actually prefer it the way it is. I'm sure FiiO knows as well as any that you can't please everyone all the time.

11. Peter Hyatt

Excellent.

Thank you.

12. crashtest33
    What?
    In no other circumstances are items labelled using the prefixes ‘A’ and ‘The’, pal. Not on websites, in industry, Windows or iOS.
    It’s an overlooked item which is obviously not trivial to program.

13. Dobrescu George
  14. crabdog
    Hey, I'm not the one you need to convince. As long as I know the name of an album or the artist I have the capacity to find it with minimum fuss...

cleg likes this.
  15. crashtest33
    Scrolling to ‘T’ is a PITA when you have 1300 albums on a card.

First

Back
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Next

Last