[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 20, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #767 of 3,610
Scrolling to ‘T’ is a PITA when you have 1300 albums on a card.

If you've got a library like that you really need a player with an indexed scroll (like the X5iii or X7ii). Alternative is to use folder browsing rather than artist album. Mine is set up as:
A-C
D-F
G-I
J-L
M-O
P-R
S-U
V-Z

Under those => Artist and then Album. Scrolling is never much more than two clicks and a short scroll. Easy.

Jan 20, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #768 of 3,610
If you've got a library like that you really need a player with an indexed scroll (like the X5iii or X7ii).
I had an iBasso DX120 which was phenomenal. I just wanted a Tidal enabled transport with a footprint the same as my Mojo but they're all a bit crap. So no looking bigger. Trouble is the DX120 and this M5s don't support Tidal etc. The R6 is an option but after the s**t show of a device that is the R3, I'm not too inclined to give them my money either. Only really leaves Fiio to fix the m6 (no pure PCM from Tidal atm) or get a Cayin n5ii.

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #769 of 3,610
Seems like something to be implemented in the FiiO music app? maybe some future update. I know what you mean and what I do myself is either navigate by folder or adjust the tags adequately; I use the great mp3tag in Windows and set The Beatles as Beatles for example (The The is my only band under The :) )

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #770 of 3,610
Seems like something to be implemented in the FiiO music app? I use the great mp3tag in Windows and set The Beatles as Beatles for example (The The is my only band under The :) )
Yeah, it’s Albums rather than Artists. I search by Album usually. I’m not incorrectly renaming Albums and Artists tho.
As I’ve said, it’s not trivial programming which is why small brands don’t do it from the start.

Jan 20, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #771 of 3,610

The Shanling M0 is the same way, Fiio is not the only one who does it this way. So I just did the following since they have no intention of changing. I rename the album and put "The" and "A" at the end. For example the album "A New Day At Midnight" is now "New Day At Midnight, A" or "Beatles Forever Greatest Hits, The" It was a pain the in you know what to do it but it beats waiting on the manufacturer to fix it. It looks odd but functionally it works.

Jan 20, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #773 of 3,610
Wow! The M6 with TIDAL MQA combined with the Grado 325e is outrageously good sounding. Unbelievable.

I agree! this is one great sounding little dap, it’s balanced sounding and has nice air/soundstage. Fiio utilized the ESS chipset beautifully. And battery life while streaming is very good.

Ive got about 50 hours on mine- time played not battery life :wink:

Love the tidal MQA also. I’m very impressed and I think this will be a hit for Fiio and people will be very impressed.

Jan 20, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #775 of 3,610
I might go for a Tidal subscription when I get the M6. FiiO should get a slice of that (though well they sell more players)

Jan 20, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #776 of 3,610
Can anybody recvomend a good wireless iem or dongle for close to 100 dollars?

Thanks
Good question. My past experiences with in ear headphones were a disaster. I ended up with the foldable PX100II. I might try again with those new dual drivers now. There are some for 50$ I might afford.

As per BT dongle next week I'll get the BTr1K and I'll see how it goes

Jan 20, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #778 of 3,610
Good question. My past experiences with in ear headphones were a disaster. I ended up with the foldable PX100II. I might try again with those new dual drivers now. There are some for 50$ I might afford.

As per BT dongle next week I'll get the BTr1K and I'll see how it goes

The dongle looks cool, but I can’t tell if it supports LDAC.

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #780 of 3,610

Users who are viewing this thread

Back