[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jul 29, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #2,703 of 3,610
Neutron is a very good quality music app.Pure music mode will be complete though.Maybe it would be useful for battery life as well.

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #2,704 of 3,610
hey all. I saw Last.fm is now a whitelisted app on the m6. However, has anybody got it to work? I can start the app and login, but I think the app may get closed whenever you go back to the home screen and start music. It doesn't seem to scrobble properly, and when I am playing music, either with Fiio Music (old and new versions both) or Pulsar, and I then open the Last.fm app, then the music stops completely. Seems to be crashing a bunch.

Honestly, I'd prefer to use something like the Simple Last.fm Scrobbler, but since that app isn't whitelisted, I can't get it to work. I've been trying to impersonate a whitelisted app, as has been done by others in this thread, but no luck so far. However, that might be because I don't really know what I am doing so far. Anyway, anyone got Last.fm working? I love the m6, but I really really miss having my songs scrobbled to last.fm.

---

Actually, an update. I modified the APK for Scrobb for Android, which doesn't crash for me, and so far works perfectly fine with both Neutron and Pulsar. Fiio Music refuses to cooperate with Scrobb though, so I can't use that anymore. Ah well. Now I just need to find a way to use Neutron on the M6, or more specifically, I need to figure out how I can buy and activate Neutron on the M6. Has anyone managed this?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #2,705 of 3,610
hey all. I saw Last.fm is now a whitelisted app on the m6. However, has anybody got it to work? I can start the app and login, but I think the app may get closed whenever you go back to the home screen and start music. It doesn't seem to scrobble properly, and when I am playing music, either with Fiio Music (old and new versions both) or Pulsar, and I then open the Last.fm app, then the music stops completely. Seems to be crashing a bunch.

Honestly, I'd prefer to use something like the Simple Last.fm Scrobbler, but since that app isn't whitelisted, I can't get it to work. I've been trying to impersonate a whitelisted app, as has been done by others in this thread, but no luck so far. However, that might be because I don't really know what I am doing so far. Anyway, anyone got Last.fm working? I love the m6, but I really really miss having my songs scrobbled to last.fm.

---

Actually, an update. I modified the APK for Scrobb for Android, which doesn't crash for me, and so far works perfectly fine with both Neutron and Pulsar. Fiio Music refuses to cooperate with Scrobb though, so I can't use that anymore. Ah well. Now I just need to find a way to use Neutron on the M6, or more specifically, I need to figure out how I can buy and activate Neutron on the M6. Has anyone managed this?

I imagine like Poweramp you would buy direct from the site and input the license code you get via email?

On the one hand the fiio seems almost perfect from a size perspective as I really don't need a phone size player at work, on the other all the faff with apps puts me right off.

Jul 29, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #2,706 of 3,610
Yeah not wanting to deal with the hassle is pretty understandable. However, I've really been having a nice time with my M6. It's nice not to have to carry a phone around at all times, and by adding a 128 gb microSD I have a pretty great setup. Tons of music, good audio and portability. The faffing around with apps was annoying, but I have everything working now. Bought Neutron and got it activated properly, and by modifying the Scrobb apk I can now keep my last.fm up to date as well. It's honestly pretty great. If there is interest I can post the Scrobb apk somewhere as well; I can imagine there are more people that could use Last.fm integration with their Fiio.

---
Edit: concerning Neutron: I have been looking at this thread, http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4014&hilit=fiio which lists a number of options to enable for Hi-Res audio. Am I wrong in thinking that the M6 should support this? In particular, this section seems to suggest that Hi-Res audio is currently not enabled on my M6, or I may have some settings wrong.

If you wish to to know whether your device has Hi-Res Audio support just access Audio Hardware -> Frequency section. Hi-Res Audio capable devices will have multiple frequencies listed, Bits field will show 24 or 8.24 or 32 in [out: X] placeholder. Additionally you can tap on a panel with Channels, Bits in Audio Hardware and see the current audio output format. If all audio devices indicate 'closed' during playback then it is a sign of Hi-Res Audio as well.​

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #2,707 of 3,610
Yeah not wanting to deal with the hassle is pretty understandable. However, I've really been having a nice time with my M6. It's nice not to have to carry a phone around at all times, and by adding a 128 gb microSD I have a pretty great setup. Tons of music, good audio and portability. The faffing around with apps was annoying, but I have everything working now. Bought Neutron and got it activated properly, and by modifying the Scrobb apk I can now keep my last.fm up to date as well. It's honestly pretty great. If there is interest I can post the Scrobb apk somewhere as well; I can imagine there are more people that could use Last.fm integration with their Fiio.

---
Edit: concerning Neutron: I have been looking at this thread, http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4014&hilit=fiio which lists a number of options to enable for Hi-Res audio. Am I wrong in thinking that the M6 should support this? In particular, this section seems to suggest that Hi-Res audio is currently not enabled on my M6, or I may have some settings wrong.

If you wish to to know whether your device has Hi-Res Audio support just access Audio Hardware -> Frequency section. Hi-Res Audio capable devices will have multiple frequencies listed, Bits field will show 24 or 8.24 or 32 in [out: X] placeholder. Additionally you can tap on a panel with Channels, Bits in Audio Hardware and see the current audio output format. If all audio devices indicate 'closed' during playback then it is a sign of Hi-Res Audio as well.​
Which version of Neutron did you try. The one that could be activated played nothing but static for me. The ones that actually work don't have a place to register.

Jul 29, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #2,708 of 3,610
Which version of Neutron did you try. The one that could be activated played nothing but static for me. The ones that actually work don't have a place to register.

I currently have 2.10 installed using an APK posted somewhere earlier in this thread. It's the NEON version I think, which works perfectly fine. I was able to register by buying it on the official website, and registering it in a somewhat annoying manner. You need an emailaddress where you can activate POP3/IMAP. I have a gmail that has 2 factor authentication enabled, which is problematic, so I just created a new gmail address and bought Neutron with that email address on the website (you can pay with Paypal, etc). Then you turn on POP3 in the settings of gmail, and go to Neutron settings -> help -> activate, or something like that. Add an account with pop3s://pop.gmail.com as the address, the_emailaddress@gmail.com as the username and your password as the pass. Save the account, and when it turns white, it works; you have activated your Neutron install. If it is yellow, check you filled in everything correctly, and if you did, just reboot the Fiio. That did the trick for me. It's a lil convoluted, but hey, I got a legal and working copy of Neutron activated on my M6 now. For more elaborate information on how to activate, check out this post: http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5447#p12535

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #2,709 of 3,610
Jul 29, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #2,710 of 3,610
Jul 29, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #2,712 of 3,610
Wow you're lucky ... i almost tore my hair off trying to get that version to work :D

Wonder why it works for me? Latest firmware. Installed. Worked. Files are aac256.

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #2,713 of 3,610
Wonder why it works for me? Latest firmware. Installed. Worked. Files are aac256.
Perhaps its the file format? Who knows...

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #2,714 of 3,610
Do either of you know where to get the 2.10 version? I don't see it on the neutron website

Tried that site brooko used but the apk were only 7 meg and didn't install.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back