[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Oct 25, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #3,391 of 3,610
Thank you for the very generous reply and suggestion. I'm kind of a noob at this and not really understanding what sideloading a music app is. I did a quick google search to no avail. Please note, my CD collection is ripped to FLAC if that matters in what app I should try.

No worries. Refer to what 'superuser1' said in post #3388, that's exactly what sideloading is. Pretty easy. And your audio files can be in various formats, be it FLAC or MP3, etc, and you can still use almost any music player app to play it on the M6.

Nov 1, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #3,398 of 3,610
Just download Musicolet or Foobar2k or similar either using your PC or phone. Transfer the .APK file onto the M6. On the M6 open the file manager and go to copied apk file and click to install.
No worries. Refer to what 'superuser1' said in post #3388, that's exactly what sideloading is. Pretty easy. And your audio files can be in various formats, be it FLAC or MP3, etc, and you can still use almost any music player app to play it on the M6.

Thanks again for all your help. I had a hard time getting my laptop to see the M6 internal and SD storage. Only after removing the white list app limitations could I 'see' the M6's storage. So that was kind of weird.

Anyway, all working fine now, and the Musicolet player is pretty cool.

Nov 7, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #3,400 of 3,610
Now I am having issues with File Management crashing whenever I try to look at my music folder on my SD card and Musicolet is not loading new music I added. I have tried scanning multiple times and rebooting multiple times.

Nov 8, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #3,402 of 3,610
Have you tried installing other versions of Musicolet?

It took me a while to find a version of Musicolet that worked decently (see below). Since then it's been fine until this issue popped up a couple of days ago. How often should I be updating the app in order to have a stable version? Seems weird to me that a stable version would crap out seemingly without reason. I'm no tech genius by any means though.

I finally got it to work after updating the firmware to 1.0.4 and installing Musicolet version 4.4 build 205. It continuously crashed on all previous versions of Musicolet I tried.

Nov 9, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #3,404 of 3,610
Nov 9, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #3,405 of 3,610

Users who are viewing this thread

Back