[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Sep 27, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #3,361 of 3,610
Hey, what is the material of the back of the M6? Aluminum or glass?

Thanks!

Sep 28, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #3,363 of 3,610
Sep 29, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #3,364 of 3,610
hi,

Can you use the M6 as a bluetooth USB transport device? I'm looking for a bluetooth receiver with a digital out for my Chord Mojo.

If not, can anyone suggest a product that can serve this purpose? I want to be able to play music from my phone to the Mojo through bluetooth. And the Poly is ridiculously expensive.

Thanks.

Surja

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #3,365 of 3,610
hi,

Can you use the M6 as a bluetooth USB transport device? I'm looking for a bluetooth receiver with a digital out for my Chord Mojo.

If not, can anyone suggest a product that can serve this purpose? I want to be able to play music from my phone to the Mojo through bluetooth. And the Poly is ridiculously expensive.

Thanks.

Surja

Yeah, that should work. I haven't tried with the Mojo specifically, but you can definitely go from your phone over bluetooth to the M6 as a bluetooth receiver than USB-C out to a DAC in general.

Sep 29, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #3,367 of 3,610
Thanks for the information.

Can you please confirm if its bluetooth receiver supports LDAC in this arrangement?

Just checked with my phone sending LDAC (sound quality preferred setting) to the M6 (which says it's receiving LDAC), and then outputing to a Hidizs Sonata HD dongle DAC from the USB-C port. I assume a Mojo would work in the same situation. Just a heads up though, I don't get any playback controls other than volume on the M6 with this set-up, I have to use my phone to play/pause or change tracks.

Sep 29, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #3,369 of 3,610
hi,

Thanks.

Surja

IIRC yes this should work. The M6 can be put into 'BT DAC mode' (something or other, can't recall what the name is exactly). This setting is available in the M6's Bluetooth menu. However, while in this mode, I'm not sure if it's just SBC or can opt for LDAC.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #3,370 of 3,610
Just checked with my phone sending LDAC (sound quality preferred setting) to the M6 (which says it's receiving LDAC), and then outputing to a Hidizs Sonata HD dongle DAC from the USB-C port. I assume a Mojo would work in the same situation. Just a heads up though, I don't get any playback controls other than volume on the M6 with this set-up, I have to use my phone to play/pause or change tracks.
Perfect. Thanks for the help!

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #3,371 of 3,610
A while back I reported on here that my M6 had developed horizontal lines across the screen. They seemed to be getting worse and I presumed that at some point they would make the screen unusable.

However, I have now noticed that the lines are all gone!

Oct 1, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #3,372 of 3,610
A while back I reported on here that my M6 had developed horizontal lines across the screen. They seemed to be getting worse and I presumed that at some point they would make the screen unusable.

Exact same thing happened with me :D

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #3,373 of 3,610

Read about this a few times. Very strange indeed. Hope that my unit will not develop the same. Anyway, glad yours is alright now!

Oct 1, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #3,374 of 3,610
Read about this a few times. Very strange indeed. Hope that my unit will not develop the same. Anyway, glad yours is alright now!
When the lines first appeared, the player had been kept in my rucksack at work, and the cold weather may had affected it. I never used since we went into Covid lockdown, and the lines remained.

The last few weeks though, I have been using the player a fair bit, so heat from the unit may have fixed the screen.

Oct 1, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #3,375 of 3,610
Does EQ work on this unit when using it in BT mode through aptx HD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back