[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Oct 8, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #3,376 of 3,610
Does EQ work on this unit when using it in BT mode through aptx HD?
Dear user,

If you mean the FiiO Music app, the EQ function with work in Bluetooth output as well.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 23, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #3,383 of 3,610
Hi all,

My previous player was/is a FiiO X3ii

I insert a 256 card that works in the X3 into the M6.

The M6 instantly recognizes the card (with no scanning). If I go to File Management, I can see all the songs. I can also select the SD card in File Management and see the artists and their albums and songs.

However, when I go to FiiO Music, all the icons - songs, artists, albums, and genres show nothing. If I go to settings and select - Scan for Songs. The M6 doesn't find anything. I can't seem to update the player to recognize the tagged data.

Does the SD card have to be reformatted for the M6? That would kind of suck as I have 1TB of songs across multiple SD's that I would have to reload after re-formatting, I assume.

What am I missing?

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #3,384 of 3,610
Hi all,

The M6 instantly recognizes the card (with no scanning). If I go to File Management, I can see all the songs. I can also select the SD card in File Management and see the artists and their albums and songs.

However, when I go to FiiO Music, all the icons - songs, artists, albums, and genres show nothing. If I go to settings and select - Scan for Songs. The M6 doesn't find anything. I can't seem to update the player to recognize the tagged data.

Does the SD card have to be reformatted for the M6? That would kind of suck as I have 1TB of songs across multiple SD's that I would have to reload after re-formatting, I assume.

What am I missing?
I would advise you to try another lightweight music app to ascertain where the actual problem lies

Oct 24, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #3,385 of 3,610
Hi all,

What am I missing?

Like superusuer1 above, I'd advise you sideloading another music player app onto the M6 and try scanning/updating the music library then. I recommend Musicolet.

Oct 24, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #3,386 of 3,610
Hi

I've had several FiiO products (including the X5ii) and the M6 seems to tick a lot of boxes for my intended use as a digital transport and lighter / smaller (second) DAP, namely:

DSD USB out capability
WiFi / Airplay
USB C
LDAC Bluetooth

However, I just bought a FiiO M3 Pro, but the 3.5 inch screen is just too small for my fingers / the number of files that I have and it is difficult to select the right album etc.

Given that the M6 screen is a bit wider (but not any taller?), is this also likely to be a problem for me?

Is the UI laggy (my main DAPis a Sony NW WM1A which is very smooth)?

Will it play my DSD files via my DAC/Amp without a problem?

Thanks

Oct 24, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #3,387 of 3,610
I would advise you to try another lightweight music app to ascertain where the actual problem lies
Like superusuer1 above, I'd advise you sideloading another music player app onto the M6 and try scanning/updating the music library then. I recommend Musicolet.

Thank you for the very generous reply and suggestion. I'm kind of a noob at this and not really understanding what sideloading a music app is. I did a quick google search to no avail. Please note, my CD collection is ripped to FLAC if that matters in what app I should try.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #3,388 of 3,610
Thank you for the very generous reply and suggestion. I'm kind of a noob at this and not really understanding what sideloading a music app is. I did a quick google search to no avail. Please note, my CD collection is ripped to FLAC if that matters in what app I should try.
Just download Musicolet or Foobar2k or similar either using your PC or phone. Transfer the .APK file onto the M6. On the M6 open the file manager and go to copied apk file and click to install.

Oct 25, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #3,389 of 3,610
Hi

I've had several FiiO products (including the X5ii) and the M6 seems to tick a lot of boxes for my intended use as a digital transport and lighter / smaller (second) DAP, namely:

DSD USB out capability
WiFi / Airplay
USB C
LDAC Bluetooth

However, I just bought a FiiO M3 Pro, but the 3.5 inch screen is just too small for my fingers / the number of files that I have and it is difficult to select the right album etc.

Given that the M6 screen is a bit wider (but not any taller?), is this also likely to be a problem for me?

Is the UI laggy (my main DAPis a Sony NW WM1A which is very smooth)?

Will it play my DSD files via my DAC/Amp without a problem?

Thanks
I have larger than average hands and fingers, and do find the screen a little bit fiddly to use. Moving the slider to scrub to different parts of a track is a bit frustrating, and not helped by the fact the display can only be used in portrait mode. Generally though, it’s a fair trade off considering the player’s small size.

Unfortunately the UI can be a bit laggy. Usually it‘s just not particularly fast or smooth, but some apps, like Amazon Music will take more than a few seconds to respond.

Oct 25, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #3,390 of 3,610
I have larger than average hands and fingers, and do find the screen a little bit fiddly to use. Moving the slider to scrub to different parts of a track is a bit frustrating, and not helped by the fact the display can only be used in portrait mode. Generally though, it’s a fair trade off considering the player’s small size.

Unfortunately the UI can be a bit laggy. Usually it‘s just not particularly fast or smooth, but some apps, like Amazon Music will take more than a few seconds to respond.

Thanks for the reply, that is my main concern - that I will find it awkward or frustrating to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back