[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Aug 25, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #3,331 of 3,610
Just a couple more questions for folks that own one of these:

1) Does folder view work properly?
2) What is the maximum size SD card that can be used before encountering issues?

Thanks to all

Aug 25, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #3,333 of 3,610
Interesting. All valid points to consider a dedicated DAP over a phone. Although nowadays the prevalence of high quality Bluetooth transmitters such as the BTR5 and the Qudelix 5K are on the rise.

Both my cars have been very finicky with BT transmitters (have tried a few now with other older DAP's that have no BT). The M6, being Android based, works just fine and also removes the need for me to carry yet another device around.

The M6 btw isn't for my good headphones - I purchased it mainly for on-the-go, generally used it the car via BT as mentioned. But also for use with my FiiO PK2's mostly as they can handle those just fine. Basically fits a specific niche, in my case.

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #3,334 of 3,610
Anybody managed to run Youtube music app on this ? and what version of Spotify are most of users on ? i am on 8.4.68.903

I have thought of running the YT Music app but not sure how it would perform on the M6. Probably not too spectacularly considering it's video. As for the Spotify version, I can check when I get home later. All I can recall for now is that it's not the latest version of Spotify, that's for certain. Because when I tried installing the latest version on the M6, I ran into problems so I rolled back to an earlier iteration.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #3,335 of 3,610
I have thought of running the YT Music app but not sure how it would perform on the M6. Probably not too spectacularly considering it's video. As for the Spotify version, I can check when I get home later. All I can recall for now is that it's not the latest version of Spotify, that's for certain. Because when I tried installing the latest version on the M6, I ran into problems so I rolled back to an earlier iteration.

You can actually run YT Music in audio only mode. I'd be interested in what you find. I have ordered mine. Due to come tomorrow. Will try and test.

Aug 27, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #3,337 of 3,610
In spite of installing the drivers and updating firmware I cannot get Windows 10 to the device as a portable player so I can transfer files.

Anybody else had this issue?

Thanks

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #3,338 of 3,610
In spite of installing the drivers and updating firmware I cannot get Windows 10 to the device as a portable player so I can transfer files.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that. It pretty much worked for me from the get-go. Have you installed the MTP driver for Windows? Also the software that installs the Fiio Control Panel? Another one is the Fiio USB DAC Driver (http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=44021)

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #3,339 of 3,610

Thanks

This should be the only one required - this works on the M11 Pro, and there are no different drivers for the M6.

SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones v1.5.9.0 - https://www.fiio.com/filedownload/20675

This is the latest actual version of that driver (v1.7.23.0), from Samsung: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19EgKfmW6GxfS-m2-IKNkUEzLiMu2DOKg/view?usp=sharing

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #3,340 of 3,610
This should be the only one required - this works on the M11 Pro, and there are no different drivers for the M6.

SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones v1.5.9.0 - https://www.fiio.com/filedownload/20675

This is the latest actual version of that driver (v1.7.23.0), from Samsung: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19EgKfmW6GxfS-m2-IKNkUEzLiMu2DOKg/view?usp=sharing

Thanks all

Forgot to come back and say after posting here that using the latest drivers with it worked. Amazing little thing. currently listening to a high quality download from BBC Sounds through my office amp and it could be bias but it does sound slightly better than from my PC through the Sonata Pro DAC.

Just got to get all my local music tagged now..

One last question - do apps installed manually get updated?

Cheers all

Aug 28, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #3,341 of 3,610
Thanks all

Forgot to come back and say after posting here that using the latest drivers with it worked. Amazing little thing. currently listening to a high quality download from BBC Sounds through my office amp and it could be bias but it does sound slightly better than from my PC through the Sonata Pro DAC.

Cheers all
Since there is no Play Store, apps installed manually have no way of updating themselves.

Aug 28, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #3,342 of 3,610
Thanks all

Cheers all
Since there is no Play Store, apps installed manually have no way of updating themselves.

"Since FW1.0.3, we have added new option to remove the white list app limitation; You can go to "Settings -> General > About device" and tap 7 times on 'Kernel version' to remove the limitation,and then reboot the player. After that you will be able to install any third-party apps"

This means you could install something like APKPure, and this will help updating the apps.

Aug 28, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #3,344 of 3,610
"Since FW1.0.3, we have added new option to remove the white list app limitation; You can go to "Settings -> General > About device" and tap 7 times on 'Kernel version' to remove the limitation,and then reboot the player. After that you will be able to install any third-party apps"

This means you could install something like APKPure, and this will help updating the apps.
That is so true! What was i thinking :D

Aug 28, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #3,345 of 3,610
Thanks all

Cheers all

Glad to know it's working out for you. Enjoy in good health!

Interesting. I haven't heard or tried either the APKPure app or the Aurora Store. Are they perfectly safe to use on the M6 as an alternative to the official Google Play Store?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back